Employee application forms, resumes, and application letters don’t always tell you everything that you need to know about an applicant. It’s an applicant’s way to brag about themselves or tell something good about themselves to be able to land a job or get a scholarship. Relying only on what the applicant gives you might lead you to make wrong decisions on who you should hire or accept.
When hiring or accepting applicants, you need to be able to identify if the applicant is capable and if the applicant is worth it. Assessing the capabilities and the characteristics of an applicant based on their previous colleagues or from people who know them is a great way to do your evaluation. Applicant appraisal forms are used for this purpose. They play an important part in your assessment and evaluation of the applicant so that you can rest assured that you will only hire or accept those who are deserving.
Applicant Appraisal Form Questions Template
Applicant Appraisal Form Evaluation Template
What Is the Purpose of an Applicant Appraisal Form?
Applicant appraisal forms are used by a lot of hiring companies or organizations to be able to get hold of the information that they need to help them in making decisions whether to accept an applicant or not. Applicant appraisal forms that are created with all the necessary information that an employer needs to know about an applicant will provide essential information and will make the evaluation process easy.
Why Is It Important to Use an Applicant Appraisal Form?
Applicant appraisal forms are not only used by job applicants, but they are also needed by scholarship applicants. It is important that an evaluator or recruitment officer use this tool because it can provide them with a lot of benefits. We have made a list of the reasons why it is important to use an applicant appraisal form.
- An applicant appraisal form is important because it helps in the assessment or self-evaluation of an applicant to make sure that they have the qualifications and qualities that the company is looking for in an applicant.
- An applicant appraisal form is filled out by people who know the applicant where they provide honest general information about the applicant. This information will serve as a reliable source for determining if the applicant will be accepted or not. You can also see health appraisal forms.
- An applicant appraisal form example should only be filled out by people who know the applicant who are not their relative or a member of their family. This ensures that the ratings and answers provided in the form are not biased.
- An applicant appraisal form includes questions that are necessary to assess the applicant which makes the evaluation methods easy and convenient for a hiring company or organization providing scholarships.
What Is Included in an Applicant Appraisal Form?
If you have been applying for jobs or scholarships before, an applicant appraisal form might sound and look familiar to you. To refresh your memory about it, below are the things that are included in an applicant appraisal form.
- An applicant appraisal form includes instructions on how to answer and fill out the form to make sure that only applicable and useful information is provided.
- An applicant appraisal form includes general or statistical information about the applicant that will serve as a reference for whoever will fill out the applicant appraisal form. You can also see performance appraisal forms.
- An applicant appraisal form includes questions about the skills and qualifications of the applicant. Examples of these questions are the following:
- What is your impression of the applicant’s skills and knowledge about the job?
- Do you think that the applicant can become a valuable asset to this company? Please provide your explanation.
- What do you think about the communication skills of the applicant?
- Do you think that the applicant will be able to work well in your team?
- An applicant appraisal form includes the overall ratings of the applicant, which depends on how worthy or capable they are for the job or scholarship.
- An applicant appraisal form provides an area or enough space for the appraiser to provide additional comments or feedback that they may have for the applicant that is not asked in an applicant appraisal questionnaire.
- Applicant appraisal forms contain open-ended questions, or yes or no questions. Every applicant appraisal form is different from one organization to the other. Forms are used in a lot for different purposes. You may find the forms that will fit your needs on our website. We have job application forms and vendor evaluation forms available for free download.
How to Use an Applicant Appraisal Form
There are things that you need to keep in mind and know when it comes to using an applicant appraisal form. A lot of people can use it, especially those in the recruitment department of a company. To help you with using an applicant appraisal form effectively, you can refer to the easy-to-follow steps that we have prepared below. You can also see vehicle appraisal forms.
Determine what job or position is hiring
Job applications and scholarship applications are assessed differently, although both require an appraisal form to help in getting the applicants evaluated. This is also true when it comes to different jobs and positions. They may contain some questions that are the same, but they are assessed or evaluated differently based on what is needed for the job or position. For example, the parameters you use to hire an engineering applicant is not applicable if you hire an applicant for a secretarial job. This is because the nature of their jobs are different.
Set the parameters of the person
You should have standards or parameters on what type of employee you are looking for. This will help you in deciding which applicant is the right applicant to get the job. Some of these parameters include leadership skills, communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, has initiative, course or education, excellent customer service skills, and experience.
Rank each parameter or competency
The most effective way to do this is to assign each of the competencies with a weight or score equivalent to their relevance or importance. You then compute the average of the weights and the result is the rating of the applicant. It will help make the hiring process more organized and performance objective. You will also be able to easily decide if the applicant is a good match or not.
Conduct the interview
During the interview, the interviewer should asks questions that are relevant to the competencies that they are looking for in an employee. How the applicant answers or responds to the questions is a way for the interviewer to assess if the applicant is the best match for the job.
Compute the total score
With all the information you have gathered, you should be able to rate the applicant based on the competencies or parameters that you have set. The total score that the applicant gets will be their rating and will help you determine if they are the one. There are different computation methods to do this. Use one that is relevant and easy to use. You can also see appraisal order forms.
Effective Tips on How You Can Appraise Applicants
Below are useful tips that you can use to help you on appraising applicants effectively.
- Ensure that you are following the hiring regulations of the business as the entirety of the screening flow should be based on it. Doing this will allow the applicant to be screened accordingly, which in turn could be advantageous to the operations of the business.
- Create a step-by-step process that you can use as a reference during different durations of hiring. This will help you to come up with an objective manner on how you look into the qualifications of each applicant who would like to be an employee of the business. You can also see employee appraisal forms.
- Identify the deliverables that you would like the potential employees to have. Having a set of criteria can let you appraise applicants based on the added value that they can potentially provide to the company.
- Ensure that you will be professional and formal when it comes to appraising applicants. You have to provide them with the knowledge that they need so that they can be prepared in immersing themselves in the operations of the business. You can also see self evaluation forms.
- Properly selecting applicants who can execute the work process that they will be tasked with is one of the major tasks of the human resources department, hence it is only imperative to narrow down their selection based on the current needs and demands of the business.
- Develop a process that you can use from time to time but do not veer away from the changes that may occur, especially in relation to the job position that is needed to be filled for a particular time period. Being organized with appraising applicants can help the business hire a person who can provide his or her expertise and abilities that can ensure the business that it can achieve its corporate goals and objectives. You can also see employee performance appraisal forms.
- Always ensure that there is proper bookkeeping, especially with regard to the documents, qualification listing, and both the interview and examination results of the applicants. The appraisal of a candidate is a thorough and precise process that is necessary to be properly looked into so that no hiring mistakes may occur.
- As much as possible, have a selected panel or individual who will be tasked to appraise the qualified candidates. Having this kind of measure will enable the business to make sure that different hiring batches are evaluated in the same level or manner of understanding.
7+ Sample Performance Review Form Template - Free Documents ...
7+ Sample Performance Evaluation Form - Documents in PDF, Word
41+ Employee Evaluation Form - Download Free Documents in PDF
7+ Sample Teacher Self-Evaluation Form - Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Performance Appraisal Example - Samples in PDF, Word
8+ Sample Teacher Self-Evaluation Form - Examples in PDF
7+ Sample HR Evaluation Form - Documents in PDF, Word
18+ Sample Form - Documents in PDF
7+ Sample 360-Degree Feedback Form - Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Sample Principal Evaluation Form - Examples in Word,PDF
7+ Sample Performance Self-Evaluation Form - Examples in Word ...
9+ Sample Employee Form - Download Documents in PDF
7+ Job Performance Evaluation - Download Documents in PDF
9+ Sample Self Assessment - Documents in PDF, Excel
7+ Sample Performance Evaluation - Documents In PDF, WORD