What is an appraisal? An appraisal is a process of evaluating or assessing an individual or thing in order to determine their value or importance. Appraisals can be done for employees to determine how they have performed within the company for a specified time. Things such as jewelry, cars, and houses can also be appraised to determine their real value.
These appraisal forms will surely help you regardless if it is a person or a thing that you are appraising. You can choose from the 40+ samples in this article and download them anytime you want for your personal use or as reference.
Performance Appraisal Forms
Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Staff Performance Appraisal Form
Annual Performance Appraisal Form
360 Degree Performance Appraisal Form
What Is an Employee Appraisal System?
Every company or organization has their own way of evaluating their employees. Employee appraisals were created for this purpose. It is often called an employee performance appraisal system where the employee’s work performance is used as a basis for evaluating their performance on how good or how bad they have done within a specific time period. All employee appraisal system aims to identify the strengths and weakness of their employees to help them make improvements, but they are not made the same. Most companies have their own metrics or standards for their employee performance appraisal. Performance appraisal criteria are also created based on the nature of the company’s business. Please also see health appraisal forms.
Why Is an Employee Performance Appraisal Important?
Employee performance appraisals are mostly done annually, quarterly, or on a monthly basis. Companies are not doing this just because they want to. Employee appraisal plays an important part in the performance and success of a company. By conducting an employee performance appraisal, the company is able to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their employees, as well as how they are currently performing compared to their previous performance. Appraisal forms in PDF serve as a means of work-related communication between the employees and the company.
Staff Appraisal Forms
Preschool Staff Appraisal Form
Staff Appraisal Form Sample
Staff Nurse Performance Appraisal Form
Self Appraisal Forms
Employee Self Appraisal Form
Self Assessment Appraisal Form
Self Performance Appraisal Form
Self Appraisal Form for Teacher
Employee Appraisal Forms
Employee Appraisal Form Sample
New Employee Appraisal Form
Retail Employee Appraisal Format
Employee Appraisal Review Form
Employee Appraisal Feedback Form
Types of Performance Appraisal
Below are the types of performance appraisals that you should know before creating and implementing one. It helps you determine which type of performance appraisal will benefit you the most. They are listed and explained as follows.
- The 360-Degree Appraisal – This type of appraisal makes use of a questionnaire about a certain employee that is handed out to all of the employees. This questionnaire asks about their experience or encounter about working with the said employee. This peer feedback is gathered and then reviewed by managers during appraisal.
- Technological/Administrative Performance Appraisal – This appraisal has its focus on the skills of the employee. This is done on employees with specialized tasks. These employees are being evaluated by their specific skills, completed work, and a variety of tasks.
- Manager Performance Appraisal – While an employee appraisal form is used to evaluate the employees within the company, a manager performance appraisal is used to evaluate and assess the performance of a manager. Usually, feedback from their subordinates is anonymously gathered.
- Employee Self-Assessment – This appraisal aims to determine what the employee thinks of themselves and how they think they are doing within the company. This assessment is helpful to know which aspect of the employee’s performance they can help them improve.
- Project Evaluation Review – After the end of each project, the team or person who did the project is evaluated based on how they did and what they did with the project. This helps in making improvements for the upcoming projects to be worked on.
- Sales Performance Appraisal – Sales people have specific quotas to hit. This is how their performance is evaluated or assessed. Simply put, it is the easiest type of appraisal to do but the most painful one too. If the quota is reached, then their performance is good, otherwise, they are failures.
Annual Appraisal Forms
Staff Annual Appraisal Form
Annual Appraisal Form Sample
Annual Performance Appraisal Form
Real Estate Appraisal Forms
Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Form
Associate Real Estate Appraisal Form
Real Estate Appraisal Request Form
Real Estate Appraisal Form Sample
Teacher Appraisal Forms
Kindergarten Teacher Appraisal Form
Preschool Teacher Appraisal Form
Teacher Appraisal Form Sample
Teacher Assistant Appraisal Form
The Dos and Don’ts of Performance Appraisal
Performance appraisals are not only critical to the company, but it is also a sensitive topic for the employees. Careful consideration should be done to be able to make a successful performance appraisal. Here are some dos and don’ts that will help you.
- Do make use of a performance appraisal form that is appropriate for the kind of performance appraisal you are doing. It should be based on what kind of job is being appraised.
- Do create your performance metrics to be attainable and realistic, just like how it is done in sample appraisal forms in Doc.
- Do conduct your performance appraisal in a way that fosters trust and channels the communication between an employee and their employer.
- Do implement and practice the said performance appraisal so that all employees may oblige and take it as a serious matter.
- Do provide incentives or bonuses to motivate each employee to do their best in their jobs.
- Do discuss the entire performance system to the employees.
- Don’t just focus on one thing when doing the performance appraisal. Do include all factors, good or bad, to help your employee achieve what you want them to achieve.
- Don’t be inconsistent with the performance appraisal you are doing.
- Don’t find fault when providing feedback.
- Don’t make promises to any employee unless you have any plans of doing them.
Appraisal Forms in PDF
Trainee Performance Appraisal Form
Dealer Appraisal Form
Mid Term Appraisal Form
Letter of Appraisal Form
Appraisal Forms in Doc
Admin Appraisal Form
Health Appraisal Form
Student Intern Performance Appraisal Form
Year-End Appraisal Form
Appraisal Form Formats
360 Degree Appraisal Form
Faculty Appraisal Form
Staff Performance Appraisal Form
Project Appraisal Form
Advantages of Performance Appraisal
- A performance appraisal helps determine which employee deserves to be promoted based on the performance that they have displayed. An employee’s qualifications for a promotion can be identified with the use of their current and past performance records, aside from their tenure.
- A performance appraisal can identify employees who perform well and those who perform poorly within the company or organization.
- Through the use of a performance appraisal system, a company is able to provide the equivalent compensation for each employee depending on their performance with their jobs.
- Conducting performance appraisals helps the employees’ development in the company and allows them to pursue a higher career within the company.
- A performance appraisal allows an employee to communicate with their employer. Feedback is given regardless if the employee is performing or not. Employees can also give their feedback about how they are being handled and taken cared of within the company making it a two-way communication process.
- Performance appraisals can also help employees to become motivated with their work.
Also check our appraisal form examples and appraisal order forms.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC