A resume is a document that contains information about an individual’s educational background, work or professional experience, and other relevant information. This is an important document that is sent to potential employers when applying for a particular job. Creating a resume is one of the crucial steps needed when applying for work.
When writing a resume, it is important to convince a prospective employer why you are the best candidate for the specific job. If you are looking for samples and templates to help you create your resume, there are a selection of the 52 resume format samples available on this page.
Simple Resume Formats
Simple Resume Format
Simple Resume Format Sample
Job Resume Formats
Teacher Job Resume Format
Bank Job Resume Format
Fresher Job Resume Format
Types of Resume
There are various types of resumes that you can use when applying for a job. Different resumes are used depending on the job position that you are applying for. Choosing the right resume to use when applying for a job ensures that you get the position. To help you format your resume, we have resume format templates and resume format in word available for download. The types of resumes are as follows:
- Chronological Resume – this type of resume highlights an individual’s work history. This is done by writing the most recent jobs first and then writing the rest in a reverse chronological order. A chronological resume is useful if you are applying for a job in the same field.
- Functional Resume – a functional resume is a type of resume that mainly focuses on an individual’s skills and strengths. This type of resume can be used if you are a new graduate, have limited experience, or changing careers. A functional resume lists the achievements and skills of an individual.
- Combination Resume – a combination resume is a type of resume that is a combination of both a functional resume and a chronological resume. This resume lists an individual’s work history while also highlighting the skills achievements.
Abroad Resume Format Samples
Work Abroad Resume Format
Study Abroad Resume Format
Abroad Resume Format Sample
ITI Resume Formats
ITI Electrician Resume Format
ITI Fitter Resume Format Sample
Data Entry Resume Formats
Data Entry Operator Resume Format
Data Entry Experience Resume Format
Data Entry Resume Format in Word
How to Write a Resume
Knowing and understanding the steps on how to write a resume is important, especially if you are a new graduate or if you are applying for a new job. These are the steps in writing your resume:
- The first thing you need to do before writing a resume is to have a template. Our resume format samples and sales resume format can be used as reference when outlining your document.
- Choose from the three commonly used resume formats such as the chronological, functional, and combination resume.
- Write your personal information on the first part of your resume. Include your name, address, contact number, email address, and a link to your website.
- Write a resume introduction. Individuals applying for the position of a manager or any higher position should include an executive summary. For entry-level job seekers, an objective should be present in your resume. This section contains a summary of your achievements, skills, etc.
- List your work experience or professional experience. Start by writing your most recent work experience, but only include the ones that are related to the job that you are applying for.
- The next thing to write on your resume is your educational background. Include the names, addresses, date attended, and the degree taken.
- Now that you have written your resume, you can add additional information to make it more effective. Here are some examples of other relevant information that you can add in your resume:
- Certifications or Licenses – if the industry where you are applying for a job requires certain licenses or certifications, it is important to include them in your resume.
- Awards/Honors – you can also add awards and honors that you have previously received. These can be used as a proof of your abilities and skills.
Automobile Resume Formats
Automobile Technician Resume Format
Automobile Engineer Resume Format
Automobile Sales Resume Format
Executive Resume Formats
Sales Executive Resume Format
HR Executive Resume Format in Doc
Accounts Executive Resume Format
Basic Resume Sample Formats
Basic Job Resume Format
Basic High School Resume Format
Basic Student Resume Format
Bank Resume Formats
Bank Manager Resume Format
Bank Clerk Resume Format
Bank Cashier Resume Format
College Resume Formats
College Student Resume Format in PDF
Standard College Resume Format
Experience Resume Formats
Experience Engineer Resume Format
Software Developer Experience Resume
Free Resume Formats
Printable Free Resume Format
Free Resume Format in PDF
Fresher Resume Formats
MBA Fresher Resume Format
Mechanical Engineer Fresher Resume Format
Teacher Fresher Resume Format
Civil Engineer Fresher Resume Format
Tips in Writing a Resume
In order to write an effective resume, following these tips is essential in order to create a professional one to increase your chances of getting the job. Also, a teacher resume format and freshers resume format are useful in specifically formatting these types.
- When formatting your resume, always keep it simple and concise.
- Always remember to make a minimum of one or two pages when creating a resume and avoid a lengthy one.
- Proofread your resume to assure that it is free from any errors or wrong spellings.
- If you want to use your previous resume, it is important to edit and add new information such as the skills that you have learned or responsibilities taken.
How to Curate a Work Experience Listing
- Use a reverse chronological order in listing your professional work experiences starting it with your most current employment.
- Make sure to specify the duration in which you rendered your services to the specific companies in which you have been employed.
- Precisely list down your job positions and respective job functions
- Include the location of your previous employers and it will also be best to specify the industry where they belong and the kind of operations that they implement.
HR Resume Formats
MBA HR Resume Format
SAP HR Resume Format
HR Recruiter Resume Format
HR Manager Resume Format
Internship Resume Formats
Law Internship Resume Format
Engineering Internship Resume Format
MCA Resume Format
MCA Fresher Resume Format in PDF
Nurse Resume Format
Staff Nurse Resume Format
Nurse Resume Format Sample
One Page Resume Format
Simple One Page Resume Format
Professional Resume Formats
Sample Professional Resume Format
Professional Engineer Resume Format
Student Resume Format
Engineering Student Resume Format
Diploma Student Resume Format in PDF
Teacher Resume Format
Primary Teacher Resume Format in Word
School Teacher Resume Format
Guidelines in Selecting a Resume Format
As mentioned above, there are various resume formats that you may use in presenting yourself professionally to employers. Listed below are the items that you may consider if you want to have the best option for the format that you may use in making your resume. Through these guidelines, you will be able to create a well-crafted resume.
- Assess your qualifications and competencies to be able to determine which type of resume format fits the job that you are applying for.
- Make sure to identify the needs of the job or the requirements of the job position that you want to have. This allows you to customize your resume that will match the job position.
- Think of the nature of the company that you would like to be a part of and provide information that is relevant to their operations. Understanding the background of the company will help you gain more knowledge about its operations, which will greatly benefit you.
- Research on the specific needs for the application and allocate your credentials and other competencies depending on how they can impress your target employer.
In addition, there are downloadable resume format in PDF and marketing resume format available on this site.
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 7+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 15+ PSD Resume Templates in PSD
FREE 15+ Coach Resume Samples in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample HR Executive Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Account Manager Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Photoshop
FREE 10+ Java Developer Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 37+ Executive Resume Designs in MS Word | Pages
FREE 33+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 13+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages