A resume is a formal document that provides an overview of an individual’s professional qualifications which includes their relevant work experience, skills, education, and achievements. This document is usually submitted with a job application cover letter which enables an applicant to showcase their abilities and persuade employers that they are qualified and fit for the job. A well-written resume increases an applicant’s chance of landing an interview while notifying employers of their career plans, personal goals, and motivations.
50+ Professional Resume Samples
1. Professional Resume Template
2. Professional Banking Resume Template
3. Professional HR Resume Template
4. Professional Civil Engineer Resume
5. HR Professional Consultant Resume
6. Certified Professional Midwife Resume Template
7. Health Professional Resume Template
8. Marketing Analyst Resume Template
9. Official Professional Resume Template
10. Brand Planner Professional Resume Template
11. Sample Professional Resume
12. Standard Professional Resume
13. Professional Functional Resume
14. Professional Resume On-Campus Job
15. Professional Career Resume
16. Professional Student Resume
17. Experienced Professional Resume
18. Professional Graduate Resume
19. Professional Education Resume
20. Certified Professional Resume
21. Professional Chronological Resume
22. Professional Resume for Social Workers
23. Simple Professional Resume
24. Professional Resume Layout
25. Basic Professional Resume
26. Professional Business Resume
27. University Professional Resume
28. Professional Cover Letter Resume
29. Professional Resume Sample
30. Professional HR Resume
31. Undergraduate Professional Resume Example
32. Professional Company Resume
33. Professional Career Resume Sample
34. Professional Engineering Resume
35. New Professional Resume
36. Sample Professional Education Resume
37. Professional Modern Resume
38. Professional Marketing Resume
39. Senior HR Professional Resume
40. Professional Resume for Visa Interview
41. Professional Example Resume
42. Professional Employment Resume
43. Professional ATS Resume
44. Formal Professional Resume
45. Professional Resume Format
46. Professional CV Resume
47. First Year Student Professional Resume
48. Simple Professional Resume Format
49. Professional Work Resume
50. General Professional Resume Format
51. Health Professional Resume
What is a Professional Resume?
A professional resume is an application material that job applicants use to professionally present their qualifications and work experiences to their prospective employers. The document helps applicants in showcasing their hard and soft skills and provide the benefits they can provide to their possible employers. This increases their chances of having an interview with the company’s hiring manager which can eventually lead to them gaining the position they are aiming for.
How to Write a Professional Resume
Resumes are used to show the applicant’s career background, skills, and qualifications. Traditional resumes contain a professional summary statement, work history or experiences, and educational attainment as well as professional achievements and certifications. A resume is always required for applicants and is reviewed by corporate recruiters or hiring managers to determine those applicants who have the chance to be invited to an interview.
Step 1: Choose the Most Appropriate Format
There are different formats for resume writing you can use based on your qualifications as well as the roles and responsibilities you want to include in your document. There are chronological resumes that are used to highlight an applicant’s skills and work experience and functional resumes that also highlights their skills but focuses less on their work experience.
Step 2: Provide Your Contact Details and Resume Objective
In this section, provide your full name, contact list, and email address. If you have an online portfolio, you can provide the like of those profiles to your document. Then write your resume objective. This is a brief statement that contains your career plans and goals.
Step 3: Define Your Educational Background and Relevant Job Experience
Provide a definition or explanation of your educational background to help hiring managers in understanding how fit you are for the role. Mention the name of your degree or diploma, the university you graduated from, and the date you earned the degree. Then provide details of your relevant work experience such as the name of your previous company, location, your previous position, and more.
Step 4: Make Sure to Proofread the Resume
Make sure all the information included in your resume is correct and updated. Review the document and correct any mistakes in your grammar and formatting.
What are the tips when writing a professional resume?
If you are writing your professional resume, make sure to select the professional format and use clear and formal typing fonts. Make sure to include keywords from the job description, write it in a brief manner, and utilize action verbs.
What are the standard formats of resumes?
The standard formats used when writing resumes include reverse-chronological resumes, functional resumes, and combination resumes.
What are the basic parts of a resume?
The basic parts of a resume are the section for an applicant’s contact information, introduction, educational background, work history, and relevant skills.
Resumes are known to be the most important document for job applicants to help them land a new job. This formal document contains their basic personal information, contact details, photo, qualifications, relevant job experience, and educational background. With a resume, applicants can showcase their skills and qualifications to hiring managers or potential employers and possibly secure an interview with them. It also allows hiring managers and employers to determine which of the candidates fit the best to the position they are offering.
FREE 9+ Professional Web Developer Resume Samples in PDF ...
FREE 7+ Sample Resume Cover Letter Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Dental Hygienist Resume Templates in MS Word ...
FREE 8+ Professional Resume Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Professional Resume Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Healthcare Resume Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Resume Cover Letter Formats in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Job Resume Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Professional Resume Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Resume Templates in MS Word PDF | Excel
FREE 8+ Sample Resume Templates in MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Resume Outline Templates in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Resume Outline Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Professional Resume Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 20+ Sample Resume Templates in MS Word PDF