A job as a “med-rep” ties both medicine and sales together. As a medical sales representative, what you will be doing is to sell your company’s line of prescription drugs and medical equipment to health care professionals or health care facilities.
No academic requirement is often needed to become a medical sales representative, for as long as you have the drive and the enthusiasm to perform a marketing job in the field of medicine. If you do, start drafting your application with the help of these Sample Resumes.
Entry Level Medical Sales Resume
Medical Device Sales Resume
Medical Sales Resume Example
Medical Equipment Salesperson Resume
Medical sales representatives work for pharmaceutical labs and for companies that manufacture various medical equipment.
A Medical Sales Representative’s Customers
They sell their companies’ products to any of the following:
- doctors and physicians,
- other healthcare professionals,
- private clinics,
- pharmacies, and
- other health care facilities.
The Work of a Medical Sales Representative
More or less, the duties and responsibilities performed by medical sales representatives revolve around
- corresponding with customers;
- making appointments;
- making visits to customers, either scheduled or not;
- pitching or presenting their products;
- organizing and speaking in conferences;
- keeping a detailed list of contacts;
- maintaining good relations with customers; and
- constantly updating knowledge on their products and the medical field as a whole, among many other roles and functions
Requirements for a Medical Sales Representative
No exact academic requirement is asked of applicants. That said, degrees in the following courses are preferred
- medical technology,
- life sciences, and other such programs.
Degrees in sales, business, or marketing are also bonuses, most especially when supplemented with experience in medical sales.
Qualifications of a Medical Sales Representative
Rather than academic requirements, those looking to employ medical sales representatives will refer more to the qualifications of applicants.To perform effectively on the job, he or she must possess the following skills and abilities:
- a tenacity for sales,
- a strong knowledge of the field,
- organizational skills,
- excellent communication, and
- excellent rapport.
The Best Resume Style to Follow for a Medical Sales Representative
Contain and present all these through the most effective resume format.
There are three standard resume types:
- the chronological resume, which details work history;
- the functional resume, which focuses on skills and abilities; and
- the hybrid or combination resume, which combines both elements of the above two. As an aspiring medical sales representative, consider using this. It should demonstrate your qualifying skills, and should present a list of your work history and experiences on either sales, medicine, or both.
Medical Sales Representative vs. Medical Receptionist
A medical receptionist performs clerical roles at hospitals, clinics, and other health care facilities. By contrast, the work of a med-rep is far from stationary as they go to customer after customer, and as they carry out all these presentations, pitches, and even conferences. If anything, medical receptionists receive and schedule health care professionals’ appointments with med-reps. For more on what they do, see these Medical Receptionist Resumes.
Medical Sales Resume PDF
Medical Sales Representative Resume
Medical Regional Sales Resume Example
Medical Sales Representative vs. Medical Assistant
Like medical receptionists, medical assistants perform administrative and clerical roles too at health care facilities, and are stationed herein, as opposed to med-reps that are mobile and are always on the go. If interested in working as a medical assistant, see these Cover Letters for Medical Assistant.
31+ Executive Resumes in Word
12+ Executive Resume Samples
10+ Sample Executive Resumes
8+ Executive Resume Templates – Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Police Resumes
7+ Sample Police Officer Resumes
9+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resumes
10+ Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
11+ Sample Admin Assistant Resumes
15+ Sample Supervisor Resumes to Free Download
11+ Sample Supervisor Resumes
10+ Programmer Resume Templates – Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Sales Assistant Resumes
9+ Sample Secretary Resumes
12+ Sample IT Resumes