Data showed that every year, paper receipt production means the cutting down of approximately 10 million trees. With that, environmentalists call for the use of digital receipts in various businesses. Whether we are a business owner or a customer, this document will always hold significance in our lives. So, we could not get rid of paper and digital receipts altogether. This document is not just imperative in shops and grocery stores but also in hotels. And if you are a hotelier, it would be best to have a well-designed hotel receipt regardless of what format you prefer.
FREE 13+ Sample Hotel Receipt Templates
1. Hotel Receipt Template
2. Printable Hotel Receipt Template
3. Grand Hotel Receipt Template
4. Sample Hotel Receipt Template
5. Free Hotel Receipt Template
6. Hotel Receipt Template Word
7. Missing Hotel Receipt
8. Hotel Travel Expenses Receipt
9. Hotel Receipt Template Download
10. Download Free Hotel Bill Receipt Template
11. Free Hotel Invoice Template
12. Hotel Receipt Template Microsoft Word
13. Free Hotel Receipt Template PDF
14. Sample Hotel Receipt
What Is a Hotel Receipt?
Just like the usual receipt, a hotel receipt is a document hotel employees provide to the customers. It can either be printed or in digital format. This receipt includes necessary details, such as the hotel’s name, date issued, services rendered, the total amount paid, and others.
Before the coronavirus pandemic, the hotel industry was one of the booming sectors in the world. Its global retail value even reached approximately $570 billion in 2017. But as of May 2020, data from Statista revealed that there is a 44% decrease in the average daily rate of hotels in the United States. Despite that, hoteliers like you should not lose hope; for time will come that your business will get back to its feet. And when this happens, it would be best to make improvements and redesign your hotel invoices and transform those blank hotel receipts.
What to Include in a Hotel Receipt
When you make a hotel receipt, you have to see to it that it includes all the necessary components for it to serve its purpose. A simple hotel bill format consists of the following information:
- Hotel Information – At the topmost portion of your receipt, insert the name of your hotel, logo, location, contact details, email address, and website URL. Much like in a company letterhead, these details will give the customers an avenue to reach out to you in the future.
- Guest Information – While restaurant receipts and mall receipts don’t include the customers’ details in it, a hotel receipt needs to specify the name of the guests. It should also indicate the total number of people who will stay in the hotel room.
- Date of Issuance – The date and time when the cashier issued the receipt are one of the most important elements of the document. It serves as proof that a transaction occurred during that time.
- List of Services – The receipt should have an itemized list of services rendered to the customer. Beside each should be its corresponding price.
- Name of Cashier – In case there will be issues concerning the transaction, having the name of the cashier on the receipt enables the managers to find out who is responsible for such.
How to Create a Hotel Receipt
Downloading a hotel receipt template or a hotel reservation receipt template will save you from the hassle of creating your receipt from square one. But if you want to learn how to design the said document, read the step-by-step guide provided below.
1. Start with the Header
As previously mentioned, you have to insert your hotel’s information in the receipt. And you can do this by creating a header. Here are professional letterhead samples you can use as a reference.
2. Work on the Receipt Form
After designing the header, you can already start creating the form. The first part should be about the essential details such as the date and receipt number. Then, create a section for the customer’s information, which may include their names, address, and contact number. There should also be a part that specifies the room number, nights of stay, arrival time, and departure time. Most importantly, create a table for the list of services and their prices.
3. Incorporate Your Business’ Specifics
Your receipt doesn’t have to be black and white. Incorporating your business’ signature colors in your design will help increase your company’s visibility. However, make sure to maintain the professional look of the material.
4. Write the Terms and Conditions
It is best to write the terms and conditions in your receipt to avoid misunderstandings that may occur. It should state the rules about the services rendered, prices, and payment. You can place this at the bottom portion of the receipt or at the back.
What is a hotel invoice?
Contrary to popular belief, an invoice and a receipt are two different documents. A hotel invoice is a document given to the customers to inform them of the amount they need to pay for the services they avail. And unlike this hotel bill sample wherein the customers have to pay for the services yet, a copy of hotel receipts will serve as an acknowledgment that the business has received the payment from the customer.
Can I make a fake receipt?
Receipts are quite easy to make. However, it would not be right to do so if you submit a fake document with the intention of fraud.
How to get a hotel receipt?
Receipts are generally issued after you pay for the accommodation and services the hotel offers. While some companies issue paper receipts, others prefer to send it in your email. Nowadays, though, most hotels have websites where you can sign in and print your copy of the receipt.
Managing a business in the hospitality and tourism industry can be challenging. Aside from preparing essential business documents and financial statements, hoteliers also have to design a receipt specifically tailored for their company alone. It is more than just a list of services and their prices; receipts are also a way for business owners to advertise their business and gain customer feedback. Digital versions of this document enable entrepreneurs to ask questions about the customer’s hotel stay experience. Download a hotel receipt template and use it for your business to see for yourself how essential issuing receipts are.
FREE 8+ Sample Payment Received Receipt Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 12+ Cash Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 21+ Rent Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages
FREE 4+ Contractor Receipt Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Receipt Voucher Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Credit Card Receipt Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Contractor Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 12+ Restaurant Receipt Templates in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Restaurant Bill Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE17+ Restaurant Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Blank Sales Receipt Templates in PDF | Excel
FREE 8+ Sample Rent Receipts in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Medical Bill Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Simple Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages
FREE 9+ Service Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF