Upon completing a long application process that involves tests and interviews and a lot of waiting, an employment contract is drafted by the organization for you to sign before you officially begin working for them. An employment contract is necessary for number of reasons including
- it serves as an official document that puts your employment on paper;
- it clarifies the terms of your employment including your pay rate, length of employment, extent of your responsibilities, and the tasks you are expected to perform; and
- it serves as proof of your agreement to adhere to the policies of the company.
Before signing or drafting an employee contract, see these Sample Contracts to give you an idea of what should be included in this highly important legal document.
Temporary Employment Contract Template
Mortgage Temporary Employment Contract in PDF
Part Time Employment Contract Sample
Temporary Foreign Worker Employment Contract
Temporary Staffing Service Agreement Sample
When hired as a temporary employee, this means that you are only hired to work for a contracted period of time. Temporary employees are hired in one of these instances:
Temporary employees are hired to perform the same tasks and undertake the same responsibilities as regular employees during in-demand seasons or when full-time employees go on vacations or take leaves.
Temporary employees are hired to take on a seasonal job that needs their expertise such as an accountant when a company is undergoing extensive financial audits or an expert corporate lawyer if the company is facing legal hiccups in the terms of the Business Contracts.
Advantages of Hiring Temporary Employees
- With temporary employees, companies are not required to give them benefits like vacation time or holidays. Because of this, hiring a temporary worker is a lot cheaper than hiring a regular employee.
- If you are unsatisfied with their performance, you can immediately terminate the contract without having to go through any hassle. Thus, hiring temporary workers provides you with flexibility in staffing.
Disadvantages of Hiring Temporary Employees
- Hiring new employees eats up a lot of the resources of the HR Department as training and recruitment both take up a lot of time and money.
- Temporary workers do not feel the same sense of loyalty to you or your company as regular workers could. They could just not show up to work without warning if they no longer feel like their needs are not being met, which could cause you a lot of headaches.
Temporary Employment Agreement Sample
Sample Temporary Employment Contract
Temporary Client Agreement Contract
Temporary Employment Contract Rules
Free Temporary Employment Contract Sample
Temporary Employee Contracts
If you have just been hired as a temporary employee or are hiring a temporary employee, make sure that the employment contract you’ve drafted or are signing is clear and explicit. Download these Sample Employment Contracts and take note of the following terms that should be included:
Length of Employment. It should be clear to both parties that the employment is temporary. The contract should specify the exact length of the employment.
Compensation. The contract should state exactly how the employee will be compensated and how much the compensation is.
Tasks and Responsibilities. The contract should state what the employee’s job title is, even if it is temporary. The exact job description should be included in the contract as well as what are the scopes of the employment and the specific tasks the employee is expected to perform.
Termination. Although a temporary employee could be fired anytime, grounds for justified termination should be included in the contract should the employee decide to contest the company’s decision to let them go.
Before you affix your signature on any contract, make sure you thoroughly read through it. Ask the Human Resource Department should you have any questions about the terms presented to you.
14+ Simple Sales Contract Samples & Templates
9+ Sales Agreement Contract Samples & Templates
10+ Sample Sales Agreement Contracts
8+ Termination Contract Template – Examples in Word, PDF
24+ Business Plan Templates
7+ Sample Contractor Proposal Templates Download For Free
10+ Sample Lease Purchase Agreements
5+ Proposal Contract Samples & Templates
7+ Proposal Contract Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Contract Proposal Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
12 + Investment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Employment Agreement Contract Samples
9+ Coaching Contract Sample Templates – Pages, Word, Docs
21+ Event Contract Templates to Download
11+ Event Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download