Safety is one of the biggest concerns in the workplace. Organizations are putting emphasis on creating a safe workplace for its employees as they will have to shoulder the cost of any damage both to property and its employees. A contract between two individuals must then be put in place to summarize the safety guidelines of the organization.
As a legal contract, the safety contract protects the organization from any safety claim resulting from accidents. If you are operating in a hazard-rich workplace, you may want to consider using the safety contract templates that we offer you in this article.
Laboratory Safety Contract Template
Contract for Science Safety
Student Safety Contract
Sample Safety Contract
Essential Elements of a Safety Contract
A safety contract is very important for any organization. As a legal document, there are certain elements that need to be present in the safety contract for it to hold itself legally. See Employment Contracts and Job Safety Analysis for useful guides.
- Offer – In a safety contract, the offer are the safety guidelines that are outlined in the contract.
- Acceptance – The other party involved (i.e., student, employee, etc.) must accept the offer of the organization and sign the contract.
- Consideration – The organization must grant the implied privileges to the individual. In turn, he or she must comply with the safety guidelines that were stated.
- Mutuality – There must be reciprocal understanding between parties.
What to Include in a Safety Contract
Contracts such as photography contracts and loan contract, no matter how far-fetched they may seem to be, have a lot of things in common. First of all, they are both contracts, so all elements in a legally enforceable agreement must be present. In a safety contract, you would need to enumerate the parties involved (e.g., school-student, company-employee). You would also need to include a list of the safety guidelines in the organization, guidelines in handling accidents and injuries, instructions for dealing with workplace hazards (e.g., chemicals, glassware, heavy equipment). You would need to provide a space for the signatures of both parties.
Family Safety Contract
Employee Safety Contract
Safety Contract Sample
Work Site Safety Contract
Tips in Writing the Best Safety Contract
Safety contracts, when done right, provide great protection for any organization. They also act as preventative documents against lawsuits that could result from accidents the way a maintenance agreement prevents damage on equipment and facility by keeping the maintenance company on check. Here are some tips when writing a safety contract.
- Write down safety guidelines to follow. When accidents occur, you could always refer to the contract and see if the employee complied with the safety guidelines.
- Cover as much ground. Be as comprehensive as possible. Be sure to cover all rules in dealing with risk hazard. This would make your contract as airtight as possible with no legal loopholes where you may be liable.
- When dealing with students, have a parent sign the contract. In addition to having the student sign the documents, you would also need the parent to sign it.
In a hazardous workplace, there would need to be a document that mentions who bears the responsibilities when accidents happen. A safety contract not only outlines these necessary terms but also includes the safety guidelines of the organization so employees have a quick reference as to how to conduct themselves. These Cleaning Contracts and Business Contracts may be helpful for you as well, so check them out.
11+ Lease Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
13+ Sample Lease Contracts
10+ Sample Sublease Contracts
10+ Sublease Contract Samples
9+ Investment Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
14+ Investment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Contract Amendment Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
11+ Real Estate For Sale By Owner Contract Template – PDF, Word
8+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
16+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Construction Contract Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
7+ Construction Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
11+ Renovation Contract Templates – Word, Docs
20+ Music Contract Templates