A statement is defined as something that speaks or tells the truth. Saying that the coffee in a particular shop is good is a statement that tells the listener that it is true because you have probably tried having their coffee. There are different statements that are being used in banking, law, politics, and business. Regardless of what type of statement it is, they have one thing in common and that is they are claiming or trying to make a point. One important statement that we will be discussing is a disclosure statement. You may also see free statement samples.
Disclosure statement plays an important role in specific fields of business. In this article are 9+ disclosure statement samples in PDF to make it easy for you to view and download them. Each of these samples is in different varieties so that you will be able to find the one statement that best fist your needs. We have also included useful information about disclosure statements, like its uses, its purpose in life insurance policies, and the things that are included in it. Be sure to check them out below!
Affiliated Business Disclosure Sample
Professional Disclosure Example
Damage Disclosure Statement
Author Disclosure Statement
Suggested Disclosure Example
Personal Disclosure Sample
Servicing Disclosure Statement
What is Meant by a Disclosure Statement?
When you disclose something, it simply means that you are making a secret or some form of information known. So, when you say a disclosure statement, it could be a verbal statement or a document that makes important information known to an individual or to the public. A disclosure statement is often used in loans as a document that provides an outline of the terms and conditions that are covered within a loan, including interest rates, the amount borrowed, prepayment of the loan, and many more.
Since a disclosure statement is used to make something known, it can also be used to disclose or tell something about oneself as in a personal disclosure statement, to make something known about a business as in an affiliated business disclosure statement, or about a real estate or property as in a property condition disclosure statement. Disclosure statements come in different varieties and can be used for a lot of things, especially those related to legal paperwork. Because of its use, disclosure statement samples and templates can now be easily found online. You can even use them as your own as long as they are appropriate for your needs.
What is the Purpose of a Disclosure Statements in Life Insurance Policies?
Life insurance has become a commonplace right now since the need to have one was created by these insurance companies. Anyone who has an insurance policy probably would have heard of the disclosure statement of the insurance company where their policy was from. If you have an insurance policy but you haven’t heard of the disclosure statement about it, then you might want to think twice about how protected you are with it. Below are the purposes of a disclosure statement in life insurance that will help enlighten your mind as to why they are important.
- The purpose of a disclosure statement in a life insurance policy is to provide protection to the insured and the policyholder by making sure that they do not misinterpret the provisions that are written in the policy. In other words, it provides protection by ensuring that everything is crystal clear to the insured and to the policyholder. You may also see statement of interest samples.
- A disclosure statement is to provide an outline of everything that is covered by their policy. This includes the things that are intended to happen, and the duties and responsibilities of the policyholder. You may also see sample confidentiality statements.
- Another disclosure statement provides information to the general public, specifically to current policyholders and potential policyholders, about the financial condition of a particular insurance company.
Uses of a Disclosure Statement
Do you happen to know when a disclosure statement is used? It’s natural that a lot of people don’t know and still more people don’t care about it. It’s not like we encounter disclosure statements on a daily basis. It is actually important to know about certain disclosures. You might not be aware but they are everywhere, even in food packaging or labels. So, just how exactly is a disclosure statement used? Let’s go ahead and find out.
- A disclosure statement is used to tell about the specific product or services. This could be the contents of the consumable product or the details on how a service is going to be done.
- It is used by individuals to tell something about themselves, specifically about the things that they don’t always say or talk about on a daily basis. You may also like financial statement samples.
- A disclosure statement is used to disclose information about the condition of a particular product they are selling or a particular property that they are advertising.
- In insurance policies, it is used to state the duties and responsibilities of both the insurance company and the policyholder making sure that they have a clear communication and interpretation of the terms and conditions.
- A disclosure statement can also be used to disclose the current financial situation or condition of a business or organization. You may also see sample statements forms in a doc.
- A disclosure intended for the production of consumable products is needed to make sure that the product is produced in a safe and reliable way so as not to harm any consumer.
- A disclosure statement is used to comply with the specific acts or laws mandated by the government to ensure that the public or consumers are well aware of the product or services they are taking advantage of. It is also a way for the business to ensure the public that they are following government-mandated procedures or standard operating procedures with their business operations.
Can’t find the statement sample you are looking for? Well, don’t worry because we have you covered. You can visit our website and check out other statement samples and templates, like net worth statement samples, personal financial statement samples and templates, and essential business financial statements.
Sample Disclosure Statement in PDF
Property Condition Disclosure Sample
Sample Template for Disclosure Statement
What is a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
A non-disclosure agreement or NDA is a legal agreement that involves two or more parties who want to share confidential information with each other but want to have that information out of reach of outsiders or those who did not take part in the agreement. This is contrary to the concept of disclosure statements where every detail of a contract, loan, or business arrangement is disclosed to the people involved in it or to the public. A non-disclosure agreement is also known as a confidentiality agreement or CA, proprietary information agreement or PIA, and confidential disclosure agreement or CIA.
What Can You See in a Disclosure Statement?
Different disclosure statements cover different things, but all in all, they have those contents that can be found in all types of disclosures. Below is a list of the things that are common in all disclosure statement. You may also like statement formats.
- The title or heading – This indicates what the disclosure is about. An example is Proprietary Condition Disclosure Statement.
- The main content of the disclosure – The list of things or description of what an individual, company, or organization intends to say in the disclosure or what they are trying to explain. You may also see sample personal confidentiality agreements.
- Who wrote the disclosure – The complete name of all the person or people who wrote the disclosure as well as the person who approved it.
- When the disclosure was written – The exact date when the disclosure was signed by the people who wrote and approved it.
- What is the purpose of the disclosure – This provides an outline or a brief explanation of why the disclosure statement was written and provided.
- The act or the law being performed by the disclosure – This refers to the specific act or law to which a disclosure statement is required or mandated. You may also like financial statements for your small business.
- The addresses – It could be the place where the disclosure statement was signed and issued, as well as the place that is covered or affected by the said disclosure.
Those are just the things that are commonly found in a generic or standard disclosure statement. For disclosure statements that are used for specific purposes, there could be more than what we have listed. If you need more statement samples, you can drop by our website and check out the different statement samples and templates that we can offer. They are billing statement samples and templates, and profit and loss statements.
9+ Sample Vision Statements
8+ Sample Residency Personal Statements
8+ Sample Artist Statements
7+ Sample Closing Statements
7+ Sample Personal History Statements
6+ Simple Income Statements
5+ Personal Statement Samples
46+ Statement Form Examples
12+ Sample Profit and Loss Statements
9+ Sample Restaurant Statements
8+ Sample Mission Statements
8+ Sample Personal Statements
8+ Sample Problem Statements
6+ Sample Bank Statements
6+ Sample Business Financial Statement Forms