The main purpose of an information sheet is to provide important and factual information about someone or something. For example a crib sheet. A crib sheet is a type of information sheet that provides notes about a particular topic. It is usually used as a quick reference about something. It is also called a cheat sheet.
Not all information sheets are created the same way. Preparing a startup balance sheet may not be the same as preparing a personal information sheet. Be able to differentiate and create different types of information sheets with the help of these 50 information sheet examples in this article. You may download them online and use them as your reference.
Information Sheet Template
Company Information Sheet Template
Client Information Sheet Template
Babysitter Information Sheet Template
Parent Contact Information Sheet Template
Medical Information Sheets
Emergency Medical Information Sheet
Personal Medical Information Sheet
Information Sheet for Medical Client
What Are the Uses of Information Sheet?
- An information sheet is used to disseminate and distribute information about a particular topic often to promote awareness to a specific group of people or to the whole community.
- An information sheet is where we find important information about people, things, companies, and products and services that we think are useful for us.
- Information sheets are used as patient information sheet in order to establish a record that contains essential information about a patient and their health condition.
- A fact sheet is another term for information sheet. Fact sheets provide a wide range of details that could be about health and fitness, job openings, and much more.
How to Format an Information Sheet
- Choose between a landscape or portrait paper layout, or one that is appropriate for your information sheet, just like how it’s shown in information sheet samples.
- Set an invisible margin that is the same size.
- Make use of traditional font styles, like Times New Roman or Arial.
- Arrange your data in a systematic way.
- Use bullets for your data.
You may want to check out blank timesheet templates.
Patient Information Sheet
New Patient Information Sheet
Wedding Information Sheet
Information Sheet for Church Wedding
Wedding Planner Information Sheet
Wedding Ceremony Information Sheet
Product Information Sheets
Food Product Information Sheet
Information Sheet for Product Safety
Personal Information Sheet
Employee Personal Information Sheet
Student Personal Information Sheet
Personal Trainer Information Sheet
11 Things to Include on Your Information Sheet for a Wedding
1. Provide detailed instructions and directions on how the guests will be able to get to the wedding venue or the church. Make your instruction detailed and easy to understand.
2. Provide a map with arrows pointing to the direction of the wedding ceremony. Not all people can get the instruction, so a backup plan like a map for visual people would be perfect.
3. Point out available transportation for the guests to use, like buses or trains. Recommend taxi companies that are reliable, especially those who know the said location.
4. Are there carriages available in the wedding? If yes, let the guests know and point out where they can ride it. This is nice if you are planning to have a fairytale themed wedding.
5. Provide details about available accommodation if your wedding party is out of town or out of the country and lasts more than a day. This prevents the possibility of double bookings.
6. If you have a dress code, it is best that you include this in your wedding information sheet. This is also what is commonly asked by guests who are invited for weddings and other occasions.
7. Inform your guests if you are including or excluding children from your wedding, but make sure that you say it in the most polite manner.
8. Some people find it rude to ask for presents, but if you are okay with it, then write a list of the things you want to receive as presents. The guests will ask you those questions anyway.
9. You can include cash and cash cards in your list.
10. Provide details on what you have planned for the day after your wedding.
11. If you are the environmentalist type and want to go paperless, then send your wedding invitation and information sheet via email.
Employee Information Sheet
Information Sheet for Employee Contact
Employee Payroll Information Sheet
New Employee Information Sheet
Event Information Sheets
Catering Event Information Sheet
Information Sheet for Event Panning
Event Permit Information Sheet
Project Information Sheets
Construction Project Information Sheet
Research Project Information Sheet
Project Budget Information Sheet
Student Information Sheets
Elementary Student Information Sheet
Printable Student Information Sheet
How to Write an Information Sheet
Download the sample information sheets or information sheet templates in this article and use them as your reference to create your own. Together with the steps below, you are sure to make an effective and useful information sheet.
- What is your information sheet all about? It is best to determine your topic before you even start writing a draft. It will make the task run smoothly and orderly.
- Select an applicable orientation or layout. Keep in mind your content and how you want to display the information.
- Write a draft of the things that you want to include about your topic.
- Write your title on top of the page and make it larger than the rest of the contents so that it can be easily seen, just like it is done in a cover sheet example.
- Set an invisible margin.
- Transfer what you have written on your draft to the actual page and write them in bullets.
- Do a spelling check and grammar check.
What to Include in Your Information Sheet
- The title of the information sheet
- The name of the person or individual who created and distributed it
- Its goals and objectives
- The important contents
- The source of the information
Vendor Information Sheets
Food Vendor Information Sheet
New Vendor Information Sheet
Business Information Sheets
Business Customer Information Sheet
Information Sheet for Small Business
Business Owner Information Sheet
Child Information Sheets
Preschool Child Information Sheet
Child Care Information Sheet
Company Information Sheets
Information Sheet for Construction Company
Company Client Information Sheet
Daily Information Sheets
Baby Daily Information Sheet
Hotel Daily Information Sheet
Daycare Daily Information Sheet
Emergency Information Sheets
Student Emergency Information Sheet
Family Emergency Information Sheet
Family Information Sheets
Family Reunion Information Sheet
Confidential Family Information Sheet
Home Information Sheets
Rental Home Information Sheet
Home Buyer Information Sheet
Job Information Sheets
Commercial Job Information Sheet
Job Interview Information Sheet
Job Site Information Sheet
Real Estate Information Sheets
Information Sheet for Real Estate Client
Real Estate Property Information Sheet
Teacher Information Sheets
Substitute Teacher Information Sheet
Parent Teacher Information Sheet
Volunteer Information Sheets
Parent Volunteer Information Sheet
School Volunteer Information Sheet
Guidelines on Preparing Information Sheets
If you are writing an information sheet for a particular organization or for your company, make sure that you follow the guidelines that they have provided in creating one. If they don’t provide any, then use the guidelines below to help you with preparing for your information sheet. You may also use free information sheet templates and other sample sheets.
- Include only the important information in your sheet so that it will not be too long and not become boring.
- It would be best if you can create an information sheet that only contains a single sheet.
- Focus only on the things that matter.
- Keep your information sheet interesting. Do not steer away from your topic.
- Make sure to use an invisible margin and put all of your contents within that margin.
- It is important that the design and the template you will be using is appropriate for your topic.
- Write short sentences and write in bullets so that it ill be easier to read. Stay away from large blocks of texts or paragraphs.
- You should make use of sources of information that are reliable.
- A title on top of your information sheet will make it easier for the readers to know what it’s about.
- Make use of simple words and avoid technical terms.
- Use a font style and font size that is easy to read.
- Make sure to do a spelling and grammar check.
FREE 9+ Sample Household Budget Worksheet Templates in MS Word | Excel | PDF | Google Docs | Google Sheets
FREE 10+ Sample Family Budget Worksheet Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Pages | Numbers
FREE 8+ Wedding Budget Worksheet Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel | Google Sheets | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Personal Budget Spreadsheets in MS Word | PDF | Excel | Google Docs | Pages | Numbers | Google Sheets
FREE 9+ Sample Excel Budget Spreadsheets in Excel | MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages | Google Sheets | Numbers
FREE 5+ Sample Workout Program Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Expense Worksheet Samples & Templates in PSD | PDF
FREE 5+ Blank Workout Sheet Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Amortization Spreadsheets in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 6+ Management Time Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Retail Order Sheet Samples in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 6+ Sample Trail Balance Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Accounts Receivable Spreadsheet Samples and Templates in- Excel | MS Word
FREE 12+ Simple Balance Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 32+ Log Sheet Templates in PDF