Medical summaries are made to form a simple essence of providing a resolution to all types of personal injury cases, medical malpractice, or even insurance claims. I’m sure there is still a lot out there that we forgot to mention. It also provides a detailed description with regards to the accident, mechanism of the injury, and the immediate procedure done or provided at the scene and in an emergency room. All records are kept and highly secured in the hospital. Treatments done to the patient is also summarized by the attending physician. All medical case summaries should be prepared by a team and should be properly reviewed and analyzed before forwarding the document to their respective clients as this type of document contains the highlights of the patient’s medical information that helps legal experts to determine the strength and weakness of the case.
By definition, a medical case summary is defined as something that has the needed details which involves information of the patient’s medical history written in a narrative format. This type of medical document warns you whenever there is missing piece of information that may appear to be highly critical to other medical cases. It also provides and assessment and objective to make sure that the standards or requirements set by the institution are met. Medical case summaries help in identifying the current status of the health care a patient is currently experiencing.
10+ Medical Case Summary Samples
1. Medical Case Manager Position Summary
2. Medical Case History Summary
3. Medical Annual Case Summary
4. Medical Case Treatment Summary
5. Medical Case Patient Summary
6. Medical Record Case Summary
7. Medical Oral Argument Case Summary
8. Medical Balance Case Summary
9. Medical Knowledge Case Summary
10. Medical Officer Closed Case Summary
11. Medical Health Case Summary
Types of Medical Case Summary
There are six (6) known types of medical case summary.
- Condition Specific Summary – this type of medical case summary is often used to make quality evaluations that shows various conditions of a particular patient. It also presents the physician’s diagnosis and treatment. Condition specific summary usually consists of details or information about the pathology review, medications, results from the laboratory, and other related matters.
- Deep Document Reference – this type of medical case summary is intended for any legal purposes in which the conclusions are utilized to become the source of the original document which puts an emphasis to the missing details in the records. This is also beneficial to medical research.
- Disability Specific Summary – this consists of information pertaining to disabilities, diagnosis, the cause of disability, history of treatment, and treatment plans. This is usually intended for the use in claim management and other medical related actions.
- Malpractice Incident Summary – this contains information about the cause of injury and its effect to the patient. They are usually used with a micro timeline and a condition summary for further evaluations.
- Narrative Summary – this usually provides an explanation to the components of the medical-related interventions like the cause of the injury, diagnosis, corresponding treatment, results from the laboratory, doctor’s prescription, and more. Narrative summaries are designed to explain a story told in a chronological order.
- Condition Referenced Summary – this has the reference view of all patient’s condition.
For many doctors and other health care practitioners and professionals, writing a case summary is usually considered as the first step in considering a useful practice in learning how to effectively write scientifically.
How are most medical case summary prepared?
They are usually prepared as comprehensive chronologies, narrative summaries, and create timelines and charts in order to put an emphasis to the treatment from specific periods of care.
What do medical case summaries focus on?
They are usually prepared to focus on chief complaints, progress notes, consultations, discharge summary, medications diagnosis, treatment plan, and recommendation for a follow-up.
If your goal is to create a good medical case summary, then all you must do is to complete all the required information that is highly needed for the records of the patient. These information can be used to analyze data, so it must be written in a clear and concise manner. If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the medical case summary samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 12+ Medical Officer Job Description Samples
FREE 12+ Case Study Summary Samples
FREE 10+ Patient Case Study Samples
FREE 9+ Medical Record Release Form Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Case Summary
FREE 8+ Sample Medical Reports
FREE 8+ Medical Secretary Job Description Samples
FREE 7+ Medical Student CV Samples
FREE 5+ Nursing Discharge Summary Samples
FREE 3+ Journal Report Samples
FREE 10+ Psychological Assessment Report Samples
FREE 10+ Clinical Research Proposal Samples
FREE 10+ How to Create an Executive Summary Samples
FREE 10+ Discharge Summary Report Samples
FREE 10+ Investigation Plan Samples