Do you know the importance of petitions? Petitions were used during the pre-modern Imperial China to request and persuade the emperor to impeach or corrupt officials who are doing questionable stuff. Nowadays, petitions are used to request for something to be done about something. They are still addressed to government officials or other entities.
Petition guides are now made available to provide a set of standards in writing and submitting a petition. These standards need to be followed in order for your petition to be heard. To make your petition count, use any of our sample petitions that are available for download online.
Sample Divorce Petitions
Mutual Divorce Petition
Divorce Mutual Consent Petition
College Board Petition
College Course Petition
How to Write a Petition Letter for School
Students write school petitions for various reasons, usually to request for particular subject to be offered in a semester where it is usually not offered. Attached in this petition are the names and the signature of the students who also want to request for the said subject. After gathering the minimum number of students, this petition is then submitted. Here are steps on how to write a school petition.
- For a school petition, or perhaps a community petition, you should think first of your goal for writing. This goal will be your main reason for writing the petition and will also be the reason that you will tell other students.
- Write your petition using the standard format for writing petitions. There are times when the school has their own format. You should check with the school to know if they have any so that your petition will not be returned.
- If you are contented with the contents of your petition, go ahead and have it spell-checked and proofread. This way your petition will look professional and reliable.
- Have your petition printed and ready for distribution.
- Start a signature campaign and gather as many signatures as you can or the desired number of signatures.
- Submit your petition.
Residents Petition for Spouse
Residents Petition by Parent
School Dresscode Petition
School Academy Petition
School Board Petition
School Holiday Petition
Top Elements of a Successful Petition
A petition has to be effective for it to get noticed and passed, whether it be an employee petition or an academic petition. So before you plan on writing a petition, you should first determine the factors and other stuff that can make it effective. It would be such a waste to spend time creating something that will just be ignored because of lack of information or details. Let us tell you about the top elements of a successful petition.
- Petitions having strong headlines usually catch attention easily. This is because people notice stuff that call for attention and the same thing is true with having strong headlines.
- Add visuals that are related to your petition. Visuals can communicate things that words are unable to relay.
- Provide and opening statement that is crystal clear. Explain concisely and briefly why your the petition you are vying for is the right thing.
- You should also include a summary statement that is composed of three paragraphs for the introduction, supporting details, and a conclusion.
- Write your petition in a way that it will drive petition signers to make a move or act.
- And no matter how many times this is said, you should never forget about proofreading your work.
Visa Petition Process
Employee Claim Petition
Employee Tax Refund Petition
Employee Decertification Petition
Environmental Science Petition
Environmental Working Group Petition
Environmental Issues Petition
How to Create the Signer’s Form for Your Petition
After making a petition, you should start to plan for your signature campaign. This will help you to get your petition passed. To be able to start a signature campaign, you will need a signer’s form. This document always comes along with any petition format to help support the petition being done. It is also used by those who are writing research petitions. A signer’s petition is signed by people who supports and agrees to the petition. Below are the steps on how you can create a signer’s form for your petition.
- Set the margin of your form to the same size on all sides. This will give it a neat and framed look once the details have been entered.
- Use a traditional font style that are easy to read and not confusing. Traditional font styles, like Times New Roman and Arial, will make your signer’s form look neat and professional.
- Select a font size between size 10 to size 12. Font sizes below 10 may appear too small and font sizes above 12 may look too big.
- Write the title of your petition on top of the page and on every page of the form you will be making. It will serve as an indicator that each page is intended for the petition whose title is written on top.
- Provide a brief description of the petition that you are doing so that those who might be wondering what the petition is about can get an idea.
- Add a table where the petition signers can write the date when they signed, their complete name, and their signatures. You can use a blank table or just draw lines.
- Again spell-check and proofread everything.
- Once you’re contented with it, print as many copies as you need and have it distributed.
Legal Guardian Petition Form
Legal Separation Petition
Legal Aid Petition
Road Paving Petition
Road Safety Petition
Road Repair Petition
Community Pharmacy Petition Sample
Community Rezoning Petition
Community Care Petition
Council Petition Example
Council Tax Petition
Council Housing Petition
How to Best Promote Your Petition
Writing a petition may be a task, but wait until you get to promoting your petition. It looks easy if you watch how they do it on television. Truth is, not all people have the same views as you, and not all of them want to help and make a change. It may be a problem, but I assure you it has a solution. Here are ways on how you can best promote your petition.
- Tell your family and friends. They are the first set of people whom you should share your petition to. Having few friends is not a problem. A single friend can tell 10 other friends about what they know and the cycle goes on.
- Use the power of the email. You can reach a lot of people by sending them emails and updates about your petition.
- Join forums related to your petition and from there you can politely spread the word about what it is and your goals.
- You can also create your own forum promoting your petition.
- Post your petition in social networking sites and provide regular updates about it.
Also take time to check our petition templates.
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel