Life has constant hellos and goodbyes. It is an unwavering part of reality. But before you start grumbling if this post is another bitter attempt at expressing pop culture’s “No Forever,” I have come to tell you that this is just an article on how to say farewell.
Goodbye notes are letters that express ends, either an end of a work contract, a resignation, or breakups. It tries to inform an establishment or an individual that an action or an activity will not carry on anymore. Below are samples of goodbye notes. However, note that goodbyes are hard and do not always bring happiness; you might want to be gentle at writing and consider looking at other notes like Sample Thank You Notes to help with your content.
Professional Goodbye Note
Goodbye Note Example in PDF
Goodbye Note to Co-Worker
There are lots of ways to write goodbye notes. These can be conveyed in a few words or sentences or they may come in lengthy paragraphs or pages. Goodbye notes can be expressed in a letter too! If you wish to write them this way, remember that it has a number of parts.
- The Heading – the heading contains your address and the date of the day you would write the letter.
- The Greeting – this is the manner that you wish to address the receiver and his/her name as well.
- The Body of the Letter – this is the content or the message you wish to express. Be clear and tact with your message. Remember the Thank You Note Samples to add a relish of gratitude.
- The Closing – this is how you will close the letter. This is a bit customized considering that you have to write this according to your relationship with the addressee.
- The Signature – this contains your name and signature.
A letter may be personal or businesslike, this depends on the relationship that you wish to discontinue. If you are to send a letter related to work matters, like resigning from your post, you may want to sound formal and businesslike. A letter of this sort should have the following characteristics:
- Simple and Clear – please refrain from being verbose. Stick to what you really want to say and write in a manner that you know your reader will understand.
- Be Honest – state your reasons for leaving. You have to make them understand your side.
- Be Courteous – treat you reader with respect. Besides, you are asking a big favor to be let go.
- Use Positive Words – do not say anything bad about the company.
- Brevity counts – be direct to the point.
If you are trying to end more personal relationships, like saying goodbye to a friend who is migrating to another country, it’s best that your letter is sincere. You don’t have to sound as formal. The great thing about personal letters is that you can say whatever you wish to say, your note or letter can be as long you want. But still be mindful of your tact.
Long Goodbye Note in PDF
Goodbye Note to Teacher
Goodbye Note to Friend
Goodbye Note Sample in PDF
Communication is the key to a good relationship, providing that you express honestly and mean what you say. Saying goodbye is natural; some things are just not meant to last. Keep in mind that ends mean new beginnings. And new beginnings mean more space to grow. Some people may not like it very much, but your life is yours—you call the shots. And in case you are on your way to a better you, you might want to check out our Progress Note Samples. Your health and well-being is also a big part of yourself.
6+ Thank You Note to Boss Samples
How Do I Customize My Clinical Notes?
10 Delivery Note Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Thank You Note After Interview Samples
8 Delivery Note Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
25 Doctor Notes in Word
8+ Patient Note Samples – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Medical Note Samples – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Interview Thank-You Note Samples – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Sample Doctor Notes
7+ Sample Thank-You Notes for Money
6+ Return to Work Note Samples
8+ Mortgage Note Samples
8+ Sample Thank You Notes to Employee
6+ Scholarship Thank-You Note Samples