In every job, it is important for an employee to know what their official title is, the job definition, and the job description so that they know exactly what is expected of them. When this is clearly set out from the start, the employee knows the scope and limitations of his or her duties to the company.
A job analysis is done to determine these responsibilities. The data collected from doing a job analysis will be the basis for making them. The findings of the analysis is documented on a job analysis report. These sample job analysis reports come in handy when you are making one of your own. These Sample Reports can be a useful guide in making one.
Job Analysis Report Template
Executive Summary Job Analysis Report
Job Safety Analysis Report
Job Satisfaction Analysis Report
Job Task Analysis Report in PDF
Job Analysis Report Sample
Parts of a Job Analysis Report
A job analysis report is often confused with a Job Task Analysis. These two, however, are different and cannot be used interchangeably. A job analysis report covers a larger scope than a job task analysis. Below are the usual parts you see in a job analysis report, with a few differences depending on the job title.
- General Information – Included here is the official job title, the department, and the immediate supervisor.
- Function and Scope of the Job – Provide a summary of the main responsibilities of the job. Also state the scope and limitations of the title.
- Work Duties – This is where you go into detail about the duties and requirements of the job. Be specific about what is done and how frequent that duty is done in the workplace.
- Supervisory Responsibility – State whether the position is expected to be in a supervisory role and how many people need to be supervised.
- Working Conditions – Provide in this part under what conditions the employee is working on, whether there is fieldwork that entails exposure to the elements.
- Education and Training – Indicate the minimum educational requirement that is required for the job title as well as the training needed.
- Experience – Indicate the minimum amount of experience needed for the position.
Job Demands Analysis Report
Job Analysis Report Structure
Job Analysis Final Report
Job Analysis Project Report
Job Analysis Report Format
Benefits of Doing a Job Analysis
A job analysis effectively examines what a certain position’s tasks and responsibilities are. When this is clear to each and every employee, they are expected to do well as compared to a job with no clear duties. Here are other benefits that a company gets when doing a job analysis.
- Workforce Planning – When all the duties and responsibilities are set out clearly, all the people in the organization does exactly what is expected of them. Filling a position is also no problem because you know who the right fit is when you know the job description.
- Training – Findings on the job analysis would lead to more effective training. You can check these Sample Case Analysis when you are doing one on the effectiveness of training.
- Compensation – By knowing what exactly a job entails, you know that employees are compensated based on the effort they put on the job.
- Performance Appraisals – Job analysis helps in developing an employee. Doing one means you see when one employee is performing good and would therefore need to be rewarded.
Every company needs to be clear of the job description of all the positions. A job analysis report helps a lot in making this happen. When doing one, you can check out our samples to use in making your own.
30+ Sample Business Reports – PDF, Word, Docs
21+ Business Report Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Docs
16+ Sample Service Reports
9+ Sample Survey Reports
13+ Sample Financial Reports – Word, Apple Pages
13+ Sample Accident Incident Reports – Docs, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Management Reports
11+ Sample Audit Reports
11+ Internal Audit Report Templates – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Internal Audit Reports – Word, PDF, Pages
15+ Sample HR Report Templates – Word, PDF, Apple Pages, Google Docs
11+ Sample Inspection Reports
19+ Sample Construction Reports
How to Create a Daily Construction Report [6+ Samples]
11+ Sample Action Reports