The output of an audit come in the form of an audit report. An audit report is a formal document that is created too record all of the data gathered during the audit, including the activities that were performed and the auditor’s opinion based on their findings. They are then submitted to the people who are involved and who needs to know about the outcome of the audit.
There are many types and forms of audit being conducted nowadays resulting to the existence of a multitude of audit report samples and templates. The availability of these samples and templates makes it easier to understand audit reports. The type of audit report we are featuring here is an engineering audit report. Let us learn more about it with the discussion below.
Sample Engineering Internal Audit Report
Construction Engineering Audit Report Template
Engineering Activities Audit Report
Engineering Services Department Audit Report
Engineering Project Performance Audit Report
Engineering Project Audit Report
What Is an Engineering Audit Report?
Engineering audits are conducted or performed by either an auditor, a subject matter expert or an engineer to evaluate compliance to engineering laws and regulations as well as determine deficient areas or areas in the process that needs to be improved. The technical aspects of an implemented project is covered by a technical audit.
An engineering audit report is a written report where all the assessments, findings, data gathered, analyzation and results of an engineering audit is recorded. The document is made up of the following parts or components:
- Name of the project
- The state and federal number
- The general type of the project
- The start and end date of the project
- The assigned engineer and contract administrator
- The name of the contractor and the bid amount who won the bidding
- The start and end date of the audit
- The audit report completion date
- The audit report submission or presentation data
- The recipient of the audit report
- The location of the audit
- The percent complete of the audit
- Final total amount of the project
- Any notes or information related to the audit
- Audit recommendation or feedback
- The quality score of the audit or the audit outcome
Familiarizing the different parts or components of an engineering audit report will help you both in understanding what it is and in writing your very own audit report. If you would like to learn about other types of audit reports, you may check out articles, like Private Company Audit Report Samples & Templates, Data Audit Report Samples & Templates, and Forensic Audit Report Samples & Templates.
Other Audit Report Examples and Their Uses
The following are some of examples of the common audit report examples and their uses.
Financial Audit Report
The financial aspect or the financial accounts of an individual or company is being examined and presented in a financial audit report. Because of this, a financial audit report ultimately includes information about the financial health and financial status of an entity, and findings based on the data presented in their financial statements. There are three types of audit opinions provided by an auditor in a financial audit. These audit opinions are multiple audit opinions, unmodified audit opinions, and modified audit opinions which is further divided into qualified opinion, disclaimer of opinion and adverse opinion.
Laboratory Audit Report
The main focus of a laboratory audit is to conduct a laboratory inspection to ensure that they are compliant to the set rules and regulations that governs their industry. A laboratory audit report provides information about the level of compliance of the laboratory facility, how they complied to the said regulations and other related things.
Brand Audit Report
A brand audit report is somehow different to the rest of the other types of audit report. This is because instead of focusing on compliance and doing inspection for such and such, it focuses more on analyzing or getting to know more about the brand at hand. Brand audits and brand audit reports are used when a business wishes to change give their brand a fresh image.
Management Audit Report
A management audit report tells about how effective the management of a certain company is when it comes to handling the team and ensuring that management is working toward the interest of the company’s shareholders, the implementation of rules, etc. It is mainly used to determine if the current management of a company is competent enough in carrying out corporate objectives.
HR Audit Report
An HR audit report is an internal document that is used by the human resources department to ensure that there is proper management of the workforce and operations that the HR team is involved in. It is imperative for an HR audit report to contain different process, activities and programs that range from workforce management to the usage of a variety of HR tools and materials necessary for the continuous development of the relationship of the business to concerned stakeholders.
The types of audit reports listed above are just some of the common types that we are mostly familiar with, but there sure are more than what has been listed.
Advantages of Audit Reports
We do and use certain things because they offer us with some sort of benefits or advantages that helps us get ahead of a number of things. Audit reports also offer advantages that will help and motivate us to use them. The following is a list of some of the advantages of an audit report.
- It is a good thing to find everything you need about something in one place. This an something that you can take advantage of with an audit report. One of the uses of an audit report is for documenting all the activities, assessments and findings of an audit. So basically, everything you need to know is all in this report.
- Old and new audit report documents are kept and stored in a company’s files so that old a audit reports can be compared to the current ones. This helps in identifying any changes or improvements made by the company both in compliance and in business processes.
- An external audit report attracts or draws potential investors and business partners to the company being audit. How? It is simply because the audit and its report created by an unbiased party or firm which gives these potential investors and business partners a guarantee that the information they are getting is reliable.
- If you need to know the outcome of an audit, then there is no better place to find it than in an audit report.
- An audit report also includes a recommendation on the possible and appropriate things to do to make things better or to be compliant on certain laws and regulations. This will give the company an idea on the most applicable and favorable things to do.
- With a financial audit report, you will be able to know the financial status and financial health of a company or organization. It is also a good way to confirm if they have a good management or not.
- An audit report is a requirement when applying for a business loan. This is one of the ways that the lending company will assess if you are capable of paying back the amount that you have loaned without incident.
There sure are a lot of advantages when it comes to audit reports. Who would think that it’s just mere pieces of paper with all sorts of random stuff? other related articles you may find interesting are Daily Audit Report Samples & Templates, Environmental Audit Report Samples & Templates, and External Audit Report Samples & Template.
Specialist Engineering Audit Report Template
Consultant Engineering Audit Report Template
Audit Report of Architect and Engineering Costs
Engineering and Construction Internal Audit Report
Audit Report of the Department of Engineering and Environmental Services
Useful Tips in Writing Better Audit Reports
What do you think is the best way for you to be able to write better audit reports? Through years of experience, a lot of professionals were able to master writing better audit reports and all other sorts of reports. But being a newbie or a beginner does not mean that your output should be all that bad. Yes, you don;t have years of experience but there are useful tips on how you write better audit reports. Check them out below.
- Know all of the components or parts of your audit report. Doing so will prevent you from missing nay important information and allows you to provide a comprehensive and reliable audit report.
- Follow the format required for writing an audit report. Internal audit reports follow the format required by the company for them to use, while external audit reports follow the standard format for writing audit reports.
- Learn about what there is to learn about audit reports, including the industry or company where the audit has been conducted. This will be beneficial to you when it comes to providing an explanation or detailing the things you did during the audit.
- Keep your sentences and paragraphs short and simple. Avoid beating around the bush and go straight to the point, instead. Your reader is not interested on how you well-versed you are with the language, but they are more interested on the findings results of the audit.
- Create a table of contents so that it will be easy for your readers to navigate or find the specific part of the audit report that they wish to read.
- Provide a page intended for the definition of terms, especially if you must use technical terms or jargons in your report because not all people may know some of the things that you are talking about.
- Write clearly and concisely. You must always avoid confusing your readers so that you will not get misunderstood. As much as you want to show off your good English skills, keep in mind that it is not your English that they are up to.
- Create an outline for your report. The outline will help you breeze through the different components of the report and allows you to systematically arrange and create the content of the audit report.
- Always make it a habit to proofread your work or check for spelling and grammar errors. An error free work shows how dedicated and professional you are with your job.
See, you really don’t have to be old and experienced to be able to write a better audit report. You just have to know the necessary ways and tips and how things should be done. More audit related articles with useful samples and templates can be found on our website. Some examples are Stock Audit Report Samples & Templates, Tax Audit Report Samples & Templates, and Information Technology Audit Report Samples & Templates.
10+ Environmental Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word ...
9+ Stock Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word Sample ...
40+ Report Format Samples Sample Templates
8+ Sample Audit Plan Templates – Word, PDF Sample Templates
18+ Sample Inventory Reports Sample Templates
45+ Sample Reports Sample Templates
9+ Committee Report Templates Sample Templates
7 Audit Program Samples & Templates Sample Templates
11+ Sample Company Reports Sample Templates
7+ Sample Financial Reports Sample Templates
8+ Sample Technical Reports – PDF, Word Sample Templates
7+ Sample Forensic Report Templates – DOC, PDF Sample ...
40+ Sample Reports in Doc Sample Templates
10+ Business Report Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word ...
10+ Sample Marketing Reports Sample Templates