A lot of activities take place in a laboratory and these activities depend on what the laboratory is for. There are a lot of different kinds of laboratories that are used for different research purposes all over the world. They are laboratories in hospitals for finding out the reason why an individual is sick. There are also laboratories in research facilities that are either aimed at looking for a cure to some disease, or for experimenting on a new product that will hype the market.
Most of these laboratories produce, medicines, treatment for diseases, cosmetics, new food products, and many more. Just imagine if they were left unmonitored and unchecked, they would probably be negligent of laws and regulations and would probably be non compliant to any safety measure. That would be totally scary. Laboratory audits are conducted to assess a laboratory facility as a whole. Below are some laboratory audit report samples and templates that you can use as reference as we learn about laboratory audits and laboratory audit reports.
Laboratory Sample Audit Report Template
Blank Laboratory Audit Report Template
Laboratory Audit Form
Laboratory Safety Audit Report
University Laboratory Safety Audit Report Sample
Laboratory Health and Safety Audit Report
Laboratory Audit Report of Standard Operating Procedure
What Is a Laboratory Audit Report?
When you hear the word laboratory, what is the first thing that automatically comes to your mind? You probably would picture out a room with people in white laboratory gowns, wearing goggles, viewing something with a microscope, mixing chemicals, transporting cages with white rats or hamster and the list goes on. This is how laboratories are depicted i our minds as this how it is represented on television. A laboratory could be a room or an entire building that is equipped with tools and machinery that used for scientific, experiments, research studies and many more.
Laboratories also get audited, just like other businesses and industries, to ensure that they are compliant to all the required laws and regulations set forth in their industry. Laboratory audit reports are created as an end product of the whole process. It is a document where all the activities and other related details of the audit is recorded and presented to either the management or to the government. It is an important document that is used for a number of things, like the following:
- A laboratory audit report is used as a source of information for making decisions on what actions or steps that a certain laboratory facility should take.
- Current laboratory audit reports are compared to previous laboratory audit reports to determine if any improvements or changes has taken place since the last audit conducted.
- Laboratory audit reports provide information about how compliant a laboratory is to certain standards, like heath and safety standards, accounting standards, operating standards and many more.
- Laboratory audit reports helps ensure the quality standards and metrics of laboratory process and testing are incorporated in the daily operations of a laboratory facility.
- It entails that all procedures and activities undergo total quality management that ensure all stakeholders of the laboratory are given quality products, services and or information that are necessary for their activities.
- Ensuring that there is a laboratory audit report at hand can give credibility to the laboratory and its work operations.
- Having this document can make it easier for any facility to ensure that they undergo particular and required audits that can reflect their ability to perform tasks based on legalities and other protocols that they need to follow.
Need to know more about audits and audit reports? Then you should drop by our website. We have there a number of audit report related articles with free and downloadable samples and templates. To name a few are Brand Audit Report Template, Financial Audit Report Samples & Templates, and Private Company Audit Report Samples & Templates.
Steps on How to Perform a Laboratory Quality Audit
What should you do when conducting a laboratory audit? There are steps that you need to be aware of a get familiar with if you wish to perform a laboratory audit. You don’t really have memorize them or follow them strictly. They only serve to guide you on what you should do until you finally find your own style of doing it. Here are the steps that will guide you with how to perform a laboratory quality audit.
Step #1: Define the purpose and the scope of the audit.
Why exactly are you conducting the audit and do you aim to achieve for doing so? Your audit assessment will have a specific direction and will be more meaningful if you know the purpose of what you are going to do. Also, you need to determine the scope and the limitation of the laboratory audit that you are going to conduct, as well as the appropriate methods to be used.
Step #2: Determine what resources are to be used.
The resources needed for the laboratory audit include the skills and knowledge of the members of the auditing team to ensure that the whole auditing process is carried out effectively and efficiently.
Step #3: Identify the performance standards or criteria for the audit.
The information that will be gathered during the audit is analyzed and compared to certain criteria or standards. The criteria that used is not the same for all laboratory audit and will depend or differ based in certain factors. Identifying he appropriate criteria for the audit before actually performing it will allow you gather the right kind of data, which will make your audit results more reliable.
Step #4: Determine the methods and activities to be performed during the audit.
It is important for an auditor to learn or study about the processes of laboratory facility that they are about to audit prior to conducting the actual audit. This will help them understand what is happening and allow them to focus more on their mission or goal. Preparation activities include studying of the laboratory’s quality system, reviewing the laboratory’s quality manual, learning about their implementation procedures and many more.
Step #5: Gather the necessary and related data.
When performing the actual audit, you will need to gather as much data as is necessary, but still keep in my the target areas and goals of your audit. Ask relevant questions that will help your assessment. You can prioritize or filter out the important information when you are all done with the site audit.
Step #6: Writing and presentation of the audit report.
The last steps in performing a laboratory audit is the writing and presentation of your audit report. An audit report is written similar to that of a research paper or thesis paper. In this step, you will need to prioritize and analyze the data that you have gathered and record your findings and the outcome of the audit in it.
Contract Laboratory Audit Report Template
Veterinary Laboratory Accreditation Audit Report Template
Food Laboratory Audit Report Template
Editable Laboratory Safety Audit Report
Laboratory Safety Process Audit Report
Tips in Writing Better Audit Reports
There is an easy way on how you can write a better audit report without having to gain more experience over the years. Why wait for ages or a lifetime when you can simply consider some tips that will help you make your writing better. The useful tips we have listed below will surely help you.
- Keep it short and simple. Yes, this tip is included and its is the first on our list. You don’t want to bore your readers with all that pep talk. You want to get straight to the point and that tells your readers exactly what they want to know about the audit.
- Use clear, concise and simple words. Avoid using ambiguous words or words that has a lot of meaning or you may risk getting misunderstood and get into a bigger and more chaotic problem that will still all the people involved. You wouldn’t want that.
- Check for errors. That includes spelling errors and grammar errors. You should always have your work proofread. Also, take time to check on the numbers, methodologies, criteria, standards and other related things you have on your report. An error free work show how dedicated and professional you are.
- Have your work reviewed. Don’t think that your work is enough? Ask a colleague or someone in the same line of job to help you review your work that way you can make final revisions or additions before submitting your audit report.
- Follow the required format. You must always check if there is a standard format required for the audit report you will be making. If so, then you should use that format. There are reasons why it is enforced and two of those reasons are for the sake of uniformity and to be able to get the desired data.
- Know all the components of the report. Always make sure that you report is complete. To do so you need to be familiar with the different parts of the audit report.
- Focus on relevant ideas. Do not stray away from the topic or the goals and objectives of your audit report. Doing so will render the data you have gathered useless and may even be disregarded without being checked or scrutinized.
You may also be interested in checking out other useful articles about audit reports, like Daily Audit Report Samples & Templates, HR Audit Report Templates, and Environmental Audit Report Samples & Templates.
10+ Environmental Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word ...
9+ Stock Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word Sample ...
40+ Report Format Samples Sample Templates
8+ Sample Audit Plan Templates – Word, PDF Sample Templates
18+ Sample Inventory Reports Sample Templates
45+ Sample Reports Sample Templates
9+ Committee Report Templates Sample Templates
11+ Sample Company Reports Sample Templates
7+ Sample Financial Reports Sample Templates
8+ Sample Technical Reports – PDF, Word Sample Templates
7+ Sample Forensic Report Templates – DOC, PDF Sample ...
40+ Sample Reports in Doc Sample Templates
10+ Sample Marketing Reports Sample Templates
7 Audit Program Samples & Templates Sample Templates
7 Audit Plan Samples & Templates Sample Templates