An audit refers to the examination or inspection of the accounts of an entity or company in order to determine if they are following the required standards and processes of the industry where they belong. The word audit often refers to financial audit, but nowadays it has come to be used on a other important and business related things specifically for checking compliance and standards.
After an audit is conducted, an audit report is then written and presented to the involved entities or individuals. The audit report includes the details of everything that has been done during the audit as well as the data gathered during the audit. One type of audit report that we will be discussing today is a brand audit report. There are 11 brand audit report templates provided in this article that you may use as reference. Check them out below!
Volkswagen Brand Audit Report Sample
Printable Brand Audit Report
Initial Brand Audit Report
Brand Audit Report Format
Fitbit Brand Audit Report
Brand Audit & Needs Assessment Report
L’Oreal Brand Audit Report
What Is a Brand Audit?
A brand audit is somewhat different from the rest of the other audits. Unlike the other types of audit, a brad audit is done so that one can fundamentally understand the brand’s standing in its current state. Other types of audits are done simply to assess or inspect if the an entity or company is complaint to certain rules and regulations. A brand audit though is still conducted the same way as that of other forms of audits where activities like inspection, assessment, data gathering and analyzation are included.
There are many reasons why a brand audit needs to be conducted and you can find some of the said reasons with the list below.
- A brand is so powerful and influential that we make decisions and choose things based on branding. Making sure that your brand still continues to empower a lot of consumers and employers alike, is something that can be done with a brand audit.
- A brand audit also you to discover the strengths and weaknesses of your brand and helps you understand your position in the market compared to your competitors.
- Perhaps the main reason why most businesses conduct a brand audit is because they want to make some changes with how they want things to work or to be done within their business organization. Doing so without first auditing the brand that you company is carrying may affect its current state and the business may lose more than it earned.
- Rebranding is also another reason for conducting a brand audit. Rebranding is a way of giving or creating anew image for your existing brand to give it a fresher look. Through a brand audit, you can check how your brand has fared since it was first created and made available in the market.
- A brand audit is used to determine where their brand stands in the industry, who they are as a company and what it stands for. Through this audit, issues with communication and other internal problems are addressed and fixed.
A brand audit report is where all the audit activities and findings are recorded. It follows its own audit report format that is required by the company or business. Aside from brand audit report templates, we also have other articles containing various audit report samples and templates. Some titles that you may find useful are Financial Audit Report Samples & Templates, Environmental Audit Report Samples & Templates, and Private Company Audit Report Samples & Templates.
Steps in Conducting a Brand Audit
Conducting your own brand audit may be difficult at first at first, but once you get the hang of it and be able to establish a routine on how to do it, then you will definitely find it easy. You will first need a guide on on how to have an brand audit conducted, so here are some useful steps that you will need for your task.
- The very first thing that you will need to do is to be familiar with the brand your are going to audit or try to learn a lot of things about it. You wouldn’t be able to conduct an audit if you are short of the required knowledge about it.
- Create an audit framework or an audit summary. Start your framework by determining the goals and objectives that you want to achieve by doing the audit. Also make a list of the relevant information that you will need and that includes, your target market, how you plan to go about the process, your main competitors, the strengths and weakness of your products or services, the current and anticipated trends in the industry, and many more.
- Now, you would need to gather data for your audit. A survey is the best way to gather data and it can be done by asking your customers or clients related questions regarding your brand or products. It can either be through phone calls, emails or by featuring the survey to your website. The data you need to gather includes how your customers feel about the brand and the customer service they have received, why they chose your brand over the competition and many more. You may also participate in your own survey.
- You will then need to review your web analytics and that involves checking on the contents of your website, determining the efficiency of your online advertisements through the number of people it has reached and monitoring the traffic created by your website. This way you will be able to determine how your website is performing.
- Understand your audience by reviewing social data. These are the data that you are able to access online through social networking sites. You can change the message you want to relay to your audience if you have determined that your audience is different form the ones that you have anticipated.
- Part of the data that you will also need to examine and gather is your sales data. You may already have records of it from your monthly sales reports and you can use those in conjunction to the audit data that you have. With this, you will be able to point out problems and identify opportunities that you can exploit.
- And to better understand your position or place in the market, you will need to look at your competitors, preferably with the use of competitor analysis tools. It will help you learn about your competitors and allow you to determine their strengths and weaknesses that you can all use to your advantage so that you won’t get left behind.
- Finally, you should monitor the results of your audit, especially the highlight areas, and take the appropriate actions needed to get things done or issues resolved. Also monitor all the progress that you have made and if you have reached any target. Set a timeline of activities so that you can tell when they should be done and when another audit should be conducted.
Follow these steps and continue practicing until such time that you will no longer need this guide and until you are able to master your own way of conducting a brand audit. Check out other audit report related articles, like Data Audit Report Samples & Templates, Tax Audit Report Samples & Templates, and Management Audit Report Samples.
Valtra Brand Audit Report
Brand Audit Sample Template
County Schools Brand Audit Report
Brand Audit Report Sample
What Are the Essential Elements of a Successful Brand Audit?
Why do think are brands power and influential? A lot of people are so into branded stuff that it directly affects how they do things, like shopping for clothes and doing groceries, choosing the medication to use, selecting the real estate company to get a house or a property and many more. Strong brands are able to do this which helps them make their business more profitable. All of this can be achieved with a success brand audit and it can be done if you take note of the essential elements that has made it successful.
Brand communication refers to how you have advertised your brand in the market and how effective it is in promoting your brand to your target audience, if the message you are trying convey was able to reach them or if your beliefs were clearly expressed in your efforts.
Determine where you stand in the the market as well as your brand’s ranking compared to your competitors in the same industry. This can be done by conducting a competitor analysis and meeting with your team or personnel to talk about your core values and beliefs that can put your brand in a better ranking or position.
How you market your brand plays a key role in ensuring that your business will continuously earn profit. Doing a review of your most recent efforts in marketing your brand will create future campaigns that will undoubtedly represent your brand more effectively.
Analysis of Customers
In order to be known, you need to find ways on how you can raise your brand’s awareness. Conducting an analysis on your customers and reinforcing your business values will help you gin the trust and loyalty of your customer. This will make them more aware of the brand that you are marketing.
Study your customers. Learn how they come to know and purchase your products, their buying techniques and styles, and how they feel toward the brand or your business.
8+ Sample Risk Assessment Reports Sample Templates
10+ Tax Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word Sample ...
10+ Environmental Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word ...
9+ Stock Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word Sample ...
40+ Report Format Samples Sample Templates
18+ Sample Inventory Reports Sample Templates
8+ Sample Audit Plan Templates – Word, PDF Sample Templates
45+ Sample Reports Sample Templates
9+ Committee Report Templates Sample Templates
7+ Sample Financial Reports Sample Templates
7 Audit Program Samples & Templates Sample Templates
11+ Sample Company Reports Sample Templates
8+ Sample Technical Reports – PDF, Word Sample Templates
7+ Sample Forensic Report Templates – DOC, PDF Sample ...
9+ Sample Inventory Reports Sample Templates