Writing a research proposal is an essential part in the application process wherein you will be asked to write a summary of the questions that you would want to answer in your research. It will demonstrate you mastery and knowledge about the subject area and presents various methods that you might find useful in completing your research. Students write research proposals that follow strict guidelines given by their respective instructors. When you are going to write a research proposal, it would be necessary to emphasize its originality and the significance of the study, to explain its challenges and development, to determine the importance, and to demonstrate why you are the right researcher to take part in the research project.
What is a university research proposal? This is the type of proposal that has to be more concise and coherent because it stresses out the issues or the questions that you, as a researcher, would like to address. It provides an outline of the general area of the study and refers to the current state of knowledge. Such proposal is considered to be the most essential document as part of the application as it will give you an opportunity to show or express that you have the aptitude simply by demonstrating your ability to communicate clearly and critically. It will also help you to match your interest in research to an appropriate and suited supervisor.
8+ University Research Proposal Samples
1. University Research Proposal
2. Sample University Research Proposal
3. University Research Project Proposal
4. University Scientific Research Proposal
5. Simple University Research Proposal
6. University PHD Thesis Research Proposal
7. University Research Proposal Example
8. Simple University Research Proposal
9. Basic University Research Proposal
What to Include in a University Research Proposal?
- Title – it would be a requirement to have a clear title for your research which can be made up of keywords that has a connection to your project. It should be able to provide an indication of the intent of your project to which would direct the attention to the main problem that you would want to address. You are only allowed to make a revision of your title once you have been accepted for admission.
- Research Overview – in this section, it is required to put a brief overview of your research which includes details on what you want to investigate and why they are significant. State why you chose to be in a specific department.
- Research Context – having a well-written introduction can be one of the most efficient way to grab the attention of your readers. This would be your avenue to answer the questions you have considered when writing the proposal. You should also explain the contextual background. Include a short overview of the general area of the study, a summary of the knowledge, and the issues on the topic.
- Research Questions – your proposal must have key questions that will serve as a guide on your research. You have to ensure that your project is feasible.
- Research Methods – this will tell you how you are going to achieve the objectives of your research. You should include details about your research methodology. It would also be helpful to discuss the timescale needed for completing the research. You should have a plan that shows the need of your research and for how long it is likely to take.
- Significance of Research – you should explain the importance of your study and provide more information with regards to the applications. This may include further research that might be conducted to build the research findings.
- References – this refers to the reference list as well as the sources used to supply more knowledge that is relevant to your project.
How long should a research proposal be?
It is usually up to 2,500 words long. Take note that some funding bodies have various of different word limits.
What are some techniques that can be used in dealing with literature?
You have to develop a theme coming from your broad reading that would give a reference to the work of the relevant authors. You also have to limit excessive quoting. Lastly, avoid beginning sentences with “She argues…” or “The law states…” This will lose the author’s authority.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some university research proposal samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 18+ Sample Research Proposals in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ New Product Development Proposal Samples [ Research, Innovation, Services ]
FREE 6+ TV Show Sponsorship Proposal Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Community Project Proposal Samples [ School, Cleaning, Service ]
FREE 14+ Marketing Proposal Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Proposal Outline Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Training Workshop Proposal Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Collaboration Proposal Sample [ Partnership, Review, Brand ]
FREE 19+ Social Media Proposal Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Business Loan Proposal Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Engineering Project Proposal Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 26+ One-Page Proposal Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ School Project Proposal Samples [ Driving, High, Primary ]
FREE 10+ Scholarship Proposal Samples [ Project, Grant, Sponsorship ]
FREE 17+ Branding Proposal Samples in PDF