When confronted with why they have unsatisfactory grades, some students are quick to blame their teachers. They accuse their teachers of being biased against them, saying that the grade given to them is a reflection of their teacher’s personal feelings toward them instead of their performance in class. Sometimes, these accusations sadly hold some truth.
To prevent students from crying foul every time they get a terrible mark and to make sure that there is a just basis for the grades each student receives, modern-day educational systems have adopted an evaluation system with specific rubrics on which to base student performance. See these Sample Evaluations for a quick guideline on designing a student evaluation form.
Sample Student Performance Evaluation Form in PDF
Medical Student Shift Evaluation Form
Elementary Student Evaluation Form
Sample Preschool Student Evaluation
Internship Student Evaluation Example
Student Performance Evaluation Forms
There are many methods of which a teacher evaluates their students’ performance. While the more traditional lecturers base their students’ marks solely on their own observations and assessment, teachers who adopt modern-day systems might take the results of self- and Peer Evaluation Forms into consideration for a fraction of the student’s grades.
Designing a rubrics to use as basis for student evaluation is not difficult. When designing this, see these tips:
- Have different general criteria. These are the grading criteria. For example, an essay may have content, grammar and spelling, and creativity as criteria.
- Break each criteria down to specific factors. Under each general criteria, include the specifics that affect it. Take the example given above. The criteria content could have relevance to theme, main topic, supporting ideas, and organization and format.
- Give the value for each sub-criteria. Let the students know what each factor is worth. This ensures that the students don’t focus too much on a single aspect of the project and miss the point completely.
- Be constructive. When evaluating a student’s work, it is important to be honest yet constructive. Don’t trample all over your student’s work. Give advice on how something could be improved and don’t forget to acknowledge positive points in their work.
Having rubrics prepared and used as a basis of grading helps you justify the marks you give your students. Some parents and guardians may complain or demand for explanations for how their child was graded. A rubrics gives you tangible evidence to show that students are assessed fairly and based on their academic performance. You might also want to see these Parent Teacher Conference Forms for more information.
Work Experience Student Evaluation Form
Student Self-Evaluation Form
Clinical Student Evaluation Form
Student Project Evaluation Form
Student Oral Performance Evaluation Forms
Oral presentations are judged a little differently than projects. When an oral presentation is given, consider the following factors as guidelines on evaluation:
- Confidence. While it is absolutely normal for someone to be nervous when speaking in front of a crowd, the presentor must try their best not to let their nerves get the better of them. They must minimize stuttering and the use of filler words, and should speak in a clear, loud voice. Appearing jittery affects their credibility and sparks doubt in the audience.
- Content and Quality. What the presenter talks about is just as important as how they talk about these things. It serves no purpose for a speaker to be lively and engaging to an audience bored out of their wits. The speaker should make sure that their presentation is organized so the audience could follow and present just enough information so the audience will not be bored or overwhelmed.
For more evaluation forms, also see these Self-Evaluation Forms.
19+ Sample Evaluations
7+ Sample Work Performance Evaluations
7+ Performance Evaluation Samples
7+ Sample Job Performance Evaluations
33+ Sample Amazing Movie Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
33+ Printable Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
38+ Sample Amazing Event Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
12+ Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates to Download
14+ Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
7+ Sample Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
15+ Boarding Pass Samples – PDF , PSD , Vector, AI, Word
13+ Sample Non Compete Agreements – PDF, Word
13+ Sample Non Compete Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Non Compete Agreement Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Family Genogram Samples – PDF, Word