Housekeepers don’t get more credit than they deserve. They maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of homes and facilities. Without their commitment to the service, places will be full of filth and disorder. However, just like any other job out there, housekeepers need to be evaluated to maintain the standards of quality housekeeping. Read the article below to find out how to make a housekeeping evaluation form to evaluate your housekeeping staff and their work.
5+ Housekeeping Evaluation Samples
1. Housekeeping Evaluation Request Form
2. Small Business Housekeeping Self-Evaluation
3. Housekeeping Language Modification Evaluation
4. Good Housekeeping Compliance Evaluation
5. Housekeeping Validation Evaluation
6. Housekeeping Evaluation Survey Form
What is Housekeeping?
Housekeeping encompasses all tasks related to cleaning, maintaining orderliness, keeping a comfortable ambiance, and running a property. Other tasks that also include under the housekeeping umbrella are managing laundry and linen, control pests, and taking care of furniture and fixtures in the property.
How to Create A Housekeeper Evaluation
An evaluation is a great way to measure each housekeeper’s performance. Housekeeper supervisors or house managers are assigned to evaluate the work of their housekeeping staff work and how they applied the techniques and skills they learned from their training. The following tips below can guide the house manager on how to make an evaluation.
1. Draw an Evaluation Form List
The house manager must work alongside the staff members to observe and assess their work. House managers must let them know beforehand that they will be assessed in their work anytime so they will be more motivated to do better in their work.
To be able to evaluate the housekeeping staff, a list of duties and responsibilities should be written on a form. The form can consist of a sheet of paper. Format the evaluation form into columns; categorize each task on where they belong, list down the tasks in each category in bullet forms, and then make a rating in a column beside the list of tasks. An example of categorizing tasks in each area in a property are:
- Restrooms: Restrooms must be free of stains, odors, and debris, sanitation of the surfaces, cross-contamination methods, restock of toiletries.
- Kitchen: Emptying trash garbage cans, washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and mopping floors.
- Common Areas: Vacuuming tiles, hardwood, and carpet, dusting furniture, mopping floors, wiping surfaces, cleaning windows and doors.
2. Discuss with the Housekeeping Staff About Maintaining Cleanliness Standard
Discuss the evaluation results with the housekeeping staff. Discuss the areas with the staff member so that they can see any drop or improvement in performance. Develop a consistent approach so that improvements can be noted as well any areas which need work. This is also very important if you are assessing a number of housekeepers, this will ensure there is a standard that is being followed and maintained by every staff.
What are 3 qualities a housekeeper should possess?
The three most important qualities a housekeeper should have are attention to detail, organizational skills, and flexibility in any household they work for.
What are the 2 types of housekeeping?
The two types of housekeeping are institutional housekeeping (housekeeping is done in commercial buildings) and domestic housekeeping (housekeeping is done in private homes and properties).
What are the types of housekeeping services?
The types of housekeeping services are:
- Maid: The main tasks of a maid are limited to cleaning services.
- Live-in Housekeeper: This type of housekeeper is employed full time and usually employed in private accommodations. They have a lot of responsibilities to do aside from cleaning such as cooking, security, and childcare.
- House Manager: This housekeeper serves as the head of housekeepers. They are usually employed in luxury homes or hotels. Their responsibilities differ from a live-in housekeeper since they manage housekeepers, household orderliness, cleaning schedule, and even do administrative tasks.
- Household Cleaning Services: These are agencies that offer cleaning services.
What are the standards of housekeeping?
The standards of housekeeping are orderliness, sanitation, comfort, and eye appeal.
Maintaining the standards high for your housekeeping staff will give them the discipline to do better each time in their services. When the staff is doing well, house managers must also reward their hard work with incentives and words of encouragement. This can boost the morale of the staff and motivate them to continue their quality standard. To help you create your own housekeeping evaluation, download our free sample evaluation templates provided above. They are free for download and they are printable too!
FREE 17+ Cleaning Contract Samples
FREE 13+ Cleaning Service Invoice Templates
FREE 13+ House Cleaning Checklist Samples
FREE 11+ House Cleaning Checklist Templates
FREE 10+ Kitchen Cleaning Schedule Samples
FREE 9+ Work Order Form Samples
FREE 9+ Cleaning Service Proposal Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Personal Trainer Resume
FREE 8+ Sample Material Lists
FREE 6+ Rent Invoice Samples
FREE 13+ Sample Cleaning Service Contract
FREE 12+ Nanny Contract Templates
FREE 10+ Sample Supervisor Job Descriptions
FREE 8+ Sample Veterinarian Job Descriptions
FREE 7+ Sample Nanny Resume