In a simpler term, a chart of account is the generalized list of all the accounts that an organization, company, institute or an individual has. The accounting software uses this chart to create an aggregate of the financial status of that particular organization or individual. Here are some samples and templates that have been provided so that you can create the statement of account where you can easily list the details.
Why is the Chart of Accounts Beneficial?
From the perspective of accounting, a chart of account is extremely beneficial because it is a summation or the organized version of all the accounts chart that an organizational or an individual has. This helps in grouping up the details of all the different accounts which would otherwise have been scattered.
Here are 5 Importance of Chart of Accounts
- The first and foremost importance of the Chart of Accounts is that it helps in the segregation of the revenue, expenditures, assets, liabilities, etc. so that the viewer can immediately get access to the required information.
- Helps in the preparation of the balance sheet. That is, with the help of this chart you can easily develop a balance sheet which will provide you with the data of the purchase, of assets and liabilities made from the different accounts and the income or expenditure over a particular period of time.
- You can also draft the profit and loss statement with the help of these Charts of accounts. You will be easily able to collect the information about the sales made and the amount that has been invested and the amount that has been gained that is the return on investment.
- The most important thing is that you can develop the standard report at the end of the financial yearly or monthly and quarterly reports. This standard report is the document that usually contains all the information related to finance.
- Each account is mentioned in the numerical order or with the designated name arranged in alphabetical order. You can just type the number or the name and you will get the information of that account from the list.
14+ Chart of Accounts Samples in PDF | DOC
1. Chart of Accounts Template
Here is an example of the Chart of Accounts Sample in PDF. This sample has been prepared keeping in mind the necessity of the customers and clients. This template can be used to prepare the account ledger for your organization. The best about this template is that it is available in the editable PDF format, hence you can use the PDF editor to edit it.
2. Sample Chart of Accounts Template
This Sample Chart of Accounts Template is a basic structure designed to prepare an organizational chart regarding the various accounts that the organization has. You can easily download this template anytime and anywhere based on the requirements you have.
3. Company’s Chart of Accounts Example
You can use this Company’s Chart of Accounts Sample as a suitable structure for your required document. With this sample format, you can create an account plan to manage all the accounts. This is the best structure that you can avail of your listing the financial health of your organization.
4. Chart of Accounts for Small Business Template
Chart of Accounts comes under the basic organization charts. For the preparation of which you can download this Chart of Accounts for Small Business sample. This another different format that has been crafted for making it unique from the old-school patterns. The format is fully customizable, hence you can customize it as per your need.
5. Chart of Accounts Policy Template
Before drafting any kind of organizational chart you need to understand the policy that the organization has as a part of the company’s protocol. This Chart of Accounts Policy Template is an example of such policy. You can also draft the policy for your company’s Chart of Accounts with this template as the reference list.
6. Basic Descriptive Chart of Accounts Template
This is a Descriptive Chart of Accounts Sample. By downloading this sample you will be able to understand the structure of such descriptive account charts. You can either use this same structure for your work by replacing the data analysis that you don’t need or you can take the help of this sample and prepare your required Chart of Accounts.
7. Church Chart of Accounts Template
A Church is also maintained by an organization, therefore it also has bank accounts for a different purpose. You can use this Church Chart of Accounts Template for maintaining the chart for the church’s bank accounts. The best part of this template is that it has been designed for the church. Therefore it is an exclusive sample that gives you information and a ready-made structure for the Chart of Accounts related to Churches.
8. Standard Chart of Accounts Template
For small law firms, you can use this Standard Chart of Accounts Sample as a format to manage all the accounts. You can either use it for your law firm or use it as a document for your client whose case you are handling. Isn’t it a convenient medium that gives you dual opportunities?
9. Uniform Chart of Accounts Example
Uniform Chart of Accounts deals with the financial transactions of the public school report. This is used to organize the data of the schools. Here is a sample that can help you in the process. This Uniform Chart of Accounts Sample template can be used to develop the framework of the required document. This template can be downloaded in both Windows and iOS.
10. Chart of Accounts Maintenance Request Form Template
This is a request form that can be used to make the request for the Chart of Accounts. This is a formal structure that can be used for requesting. You can input the details that are required. That means this template is modifiable. You can make your required modifications that your organization requires.
11. Chart of Accounts Maintenance Template
There are certain rules and regulations that have to be followed to maintain the Chart of Accounts. In this Chart of Accounts Maintenance Sample, you get the information and the format to develop the maintenance policy manual. The instructions are professionally designed so that it can be of your great help.
12. Alternate Chart of Accounts in DOC
In case you require a alternate structure, different from the general chart of accounts, you can choose this Alternate Chart of Accounts in DOC as the main format for the accounts reporting. With this sample in the DOC format, you can get all the important information that is necessary for this change in the accounts reporting.
13. Manager’s Chart of Accounts Outline
A Manager’s Chart of Accounts Sample is the example of the Chart of Accounts for the Manager’s account. This is a sample template that provides enough detail on the development of the manager’s chart. This is slightly different from the rest of the organization’s chart. Hence you can download this get to gather the knowledge about the framework of the chart as well as the data that is supposed to be used.
14. General Ledger Chart of Accounts in DOC
15. Chart of Accounts in Excel
This is a General Ledger Chart of Accounts in DOC that you can use to list down all the transactions either credited or debited for the community development. If you download this template you will get the idea of the structure that you can use for this purpose. The template is available in the DOC format, hence you can edit it in the DOC editor.
8+ Sample Sales Tracking
18+ Organizational Chart Templates
22+ Sample SOP Templates
8+Sample Petty Cash Log Templates
61+ SOP Templates
8+ Impactful Resume
9+ Sample Bill Organizer
6+ Sample Task Tracking
8+ Blank Spreadsheet Templates
11+ Medical Records Job Description Sample
10+ Net Worth Calculator Samples
19+ Calculator Spreadsheet Samples
Statement Letter Sample
11+ Financial Statement Samples
7+Free Checkbook Register