A call log is a form of log sheet where a record of an incoming and outgoing call is logged. It is a document used to record, track, and monitor calls for future reference. A call log is used to be able to find out who called, the purpose of the call, the date the call was made, and if there is a need to make a follow-up call.
Creating a call log may be similar to the steps used in creating a daily log. They only differ in the contents. But if you are in need of a call log, you can download and use these 17 call log templates that are in PDF.
Call Log Template
Free Simple Call Logs Template
Phone Call Log Form Template
Daily Call Log Template
Outside Sales Call Log Template
Phone Call Log Templates in PDF
Daily Call Log Template
Printable Call Log Template
Teacher Call Log Template
What Is a Call Log?
A call log is a log sheet that is mainly used to keep track of incoming and outgoing calls by recording the details of each call in it. The details that are logged in a call log varies depending on what types of calls it will be used for, but they would mainly include the name of the person or company who called, the number used to call, the date and time of the call, and the duration of the call.
How to Create a Call Log in Excel
- Start with preparing the things that you need, like turning on the computer and launching Excel.
- When you open Excel it will automatically provide you a new sample sheet. If not, click the File tab and select New from the menu list.
- You can choose ready-made call log templates that Excel has prepared for you.
- Edit the log template as you please.
- After selecting the log template of your choice, label the table rows and columns with the details that you need.
- Save your work and make the copies that you need.
Another log that we have available is a daily log.
Sample Sales Call Log Template
Daily Sales Call Log Template
Call Log for Business Sales Template
Printable Sales Call Log Template
Tips for Creating the Best Call Log
So you are done designing your call log, but you still think that you are missing something. You still don’t think that you have the best call log created. Let us help you with that through these very useful tips on how to create the best call log.
- It wouldn’t be the best if it is not useful. To be useful, it should be appropriate for its purpose, so you should create or select a template that best fits your needs.
- Add a margin to your log sheet so that will look neat and professionally done.
- Put a heading or title on top of your page. It will be easily identified if a header or title is added on top. This way they will have an idea on what the log is for.
- Use a table to make a neat and organized call log sample. The details entered in a call log will not get mixed up as the table lines will guide them where to stop writing for that specific entry.
- Provide instructions on top of your table or below it. This lets you get uniform information entered in each column or row.
- Provide enough space to write the details of the call, especially if what transpired in the call is being asked. This helps you keep the information entered to look neat. It also allows the writer to log the complete and accurate details.
- Make clear and visible lines so that the loggers will know where to stop writing in the call log.
- Make sure to include the important components for your type of call log, like the name of the person or company, the phone number used, the date and time of the call, etc.
Telephone Call Log Template
Telephone Sales Call Log Template
Telephone Call Log Sheet Template
Sample Call Back Log Template
Physician Call Back Log Template
Call Back Log for Guest Courtesy Template
Importance of a Business Call Log
- A business call log is used to record business-related calls that aid businesses to keep track of their business transactions and make follow-up calls as needed.
- Most people prefer taking calls rather than meeting in person, so using a call log will help businesses determine the purpose statement of the call, who called, and when to do a follow-up.
- In the call center setting, call logs are digitally done and are monitored for quality and assurance purposes, or as a training material.
What to Include in Call Log Template
You should know what to include in your call log template if you are going to make one. Not all log templates are the same though, so we have listed what is commonly included in a call log template. These things are also commonly included in a free daily log and printable log templates:
- The name of the person or company who called
- The phone number used in the call
- The purpose of the call
- Details of the conversation
- The date and time that the call was made
- The duration or the length of the call
- If there is a need to make a follow-up call or not
Call Log Sheet Template
Phone Call Log Sheet Template
Printable Call Log Sheet Template
Sample Business Call Log Template
Business Phone Call Log Template
Customer Call Log Template
Customer Service Call Log Template
Customer Call Log Example
Sample Client Call Log Template
Service Call Log Template
Dos and Don’ts in a Call Log
- Do use a table to avoid mixing up the details entered.
- Do provide instructions on how you want the call log to be filled out.
- Do make a lot of call log templates in advance so that you won’t have to print a copy every time the sheets run out.
- Do use the appropriate template that is suitable for your needs, just like how you would use a time log template for a time log.
- Do ask for a return contact number and an alternative contact number if the call requires a follow-up.
- Do enter only the required information in the call log sheet.
- Don’t make any form of erasures or alterations when writing in the call log. It will make your entry look suspicious.
- Don’t write for others. The one who took the call should be the one to log the details of the call.
- Don’t use abbreviations. Not everybody understands abbreviations, so avoid using it to prevent unwanted confusion.
- Don’t make unnecessary notes where they are not needed.
- Don’t skip any column or row when entering details just because you don’t want to write on that number.
FREE 30+ Investment Samples in Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, Apple Number, MS Excel, Google Sheets, PDF
FREE 30+ Sales Samples in Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Word | MS Excel | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | Illustrator | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 30+ Handout Samples in Google Docs | Illustrator | MS Word | PSD PDF
FREE 30+ Social Media Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PSD | Illustrator | Publisher | PDF
FREE 30+ Inventory Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Excel | Numbers | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 30+ Goals Samples in Google Docs | Illustrator | MS Word | PSD | PDF
FREE 30+ Persona Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 30+ Portfolio Samples in MS Word | Pages | InDesign | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 50+ Standard Operating Procedure Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 51+ Syllabus Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 45+ Work Order Samples in Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Word | MS Excel | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 41+ Work Samples in Google docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | MS Word | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Study Guide Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 41+ Will Samples in Google Docs, MS Word, PDF
FREE 42+Thesis Templates in PDF