A call log is a form of log sheet where a record of an incoming and outgoing call is logged. It is a document used to record, track, and monitor calls for future reference. A call log is used to be able to find out who called, the purpose of the call, the date the call was made, and if there is a need to make a follow-up call.
Creating a call log may be similar to the steps used in creating a daily log. They only differ in the contents. But if you are in need of a call log, you can download and use these 17 call log templates that are in PDF.
Call Log Template
Phone Call Log Templates in PDF
Daily Call Log
Printable Call Log
Teacher Call Log
What Is a Call Log?
A call log is a log sheet that is mainly used to keep track of incoming and outgoing calls by recording the details of each call in it. The details that are logged in a call log varies depending on what types of calls it will be used for, but they would mainly include the name of the person or company who called, the number used to call, the date and time of the call, and the duration of the call.
How to Create a Call Log in Excel
- Start with preparing the things that you need, like turning on the computer and launching Excel.
- When you open Excel it will automatically provide you a new sheet. If not, click the File tab and select New from the menu list.
- You can choose ready-made call log templates that Excel has prepared for you.
- Edit the log template as you please.
- After selecting the log template of your choice, label the table rows and columns with the details that you need.
- Save your work and make the copies that you need.
Another log that we have available is a daily log.
Sales Call Log
Daily Sales Call Log
Call Log for Business Sales
Printable Sales Call Log
Tips for Creating the Best Call Log
So you are done designing your call log, but you still think that you are missing something. You still don’t think that you have the best call log created. Let us help you with that through these very useful tips on how to create the best call log.
- It wouldn’t be the best if it is not useful. To be useful, it should be appropriate for its purpose, so you should create or select a template that best fits your needs.
- Add a margin to your log sheet so that will look neat and professionally done.
- Put a heading or title on top of your page. It will be easily identified if a header or title is added on top. This way they will have an idea on what the log is for.
- Use a table to make a neat and organized call log. The details entered in a call log will not get mixed up as the table lines will guide them where to stop writing for that specific entry.
- Provide instructions on top of your table or below it. This lets you get uniform information entered in each column or row.
- Provide enough space to write the details of the call, especially if what transpired in the call is being asked. This helps you keep the information entered to look neat. It also allows the writer to log the complete and accurate details.
- Make clear and visible lines so that the loggers will know where to stop writing in the call log.
- Make sure to include the important components for your type of call log, like the name of the person or company, the phone number used, the date and time of the call, etc.
Telephone Call Log
Telephone Sales Call Log
Telephone Call Log Sheet Sample
Call Back Log
Physician Call Back Log
Call Back Log for Guest Courtesy
Importance of a Business Call Log
- A business call log is used to record business-related calls that aid businesses to keep track of their business transactions and make follow-up calls as needed.
- Most people prefer taking calls rather than meeting in person, so using a call log will help businesses determine the purpose of the call, who called, and when to do a follow-up.
- In the call center setting, call logs are digitally done and are monitored for quality and assurance purposes, or as a training material.
What to Include in Call Log Template
You should know what to include in your call log template if you are going to make one. Not all log templates are the same though, so we have listed what is commonly included in a call log template. These things are also commonly included in a free daily log and printable log templates:
- The name of the person or company who called
- The phone number used in the call
- The purpose of the call
- Details of the conversation
- The date and time that the call was made
- The duration or the length of the call
- If there is a need to make a follow-up call or not
Call Log Sheet
Phone Call Log Sheet
Printable Call Log Sheet
Business Call Log
Business Phone Call Log
Customer Call Log
Customer Service Call Log
Customer Call Log Example
Client Call Log
Service Call Log
Dos and Don’ts in a Call Log
- Do use a table to avoid mixing up the details entered.
- Do provide instructions on how you want the call log to be filled out.
- Do make a lot of call log templates in advance so that you won’t have to print a copy every time the sheets run out.
- Do use the appropriate template that is suitable for your needs, just like how you would use a time log template for a time log.
- Do ask for a return contact number and an alternative contact number if the call requires a follow-up.
- Do enter only the required information in the call log sheet.
- Don’t make any form of erasures or alterations when writing in the call log. It will make your entry look suspicious.
- Don’t write for others. The one who took the call should be the one to log the details of the call.
- Don’t use abbreviations. Not everybody understands abbreviations, so avoid using it to prevent unwanted confusion.
- Don’t make unnecessary notes where they are not needed.
- Don’t skip any column or row when entering details just because you don’t want to write on that number.
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel