Every employee is entitled to a couple of days time off from work so that they can take a rest, go on a vacation or do recreational activities. A time off request can be done by filling out a time off request form. Once the form is completed, it is then submitted to the employee’s immediate superior or manager for approval.
26 time off request forms are available in this article for you to view and download. These forms can definitely help you with your request form needs. You can use them as your own or use them as reference when creating your own request form. Download now!
Advance Time Off Request Form
Basic Time Off Request Form
Time Off Request Form for Employee
Sample Time Off Request
Home Care Time Off Request Form
How to Handle Holiday Time Off Requests
Most employees anticipate the holiday seasons to request for their time off so that they can spend time with their family and friends. This is possible since there are no rues and limitations as to when one can request for a time off. The only problem with requesting time off during the holidays is how to handle all of the requests. Below are some of the ways you can use to be able to effectively handle holiday time off requests.
- Make use of the first-come-first-serve policy. This assures that you are being fair to all the employees who are requesting for time off on the said holidays.
- Take into consideration organizational needs. There are jobs that require workforce even on holidays. This helps determine if a said request from a certain employee can be granted or not.
- Time off requests require the approval from the employee’s respective manager, or what is called a managerial discretion. Without this approval, the time off request is not granted.
- To be fair in handling time off requests, it can be provided through the use of a rotating schedule policy.
- Sometimes the reason for the said request is all it takes for a manager decide whether to approve or deny a time off request.
- Previous time off requests could also help in deciding what to do for a time off request.
- Make use of free time off request forms or time off request form in PDF to make sure that whoever files for a time off requests follow the company standards.
Associate Sick Leave Time Off Request Form
Time Off Request Form for Physician
Personal Time Off Request Form
Paid Time Off Request Smaple
Time Off Request Form Format
Free Time Off Request Template
Blank Time Off Request
Compensatory Time Off Request Form
How Far in Advance Can an Employee Request for a Time Off?
A two weeks notice is acceptable in order for an employee to request for time off. But that is not always the case for everybody. There are different time off request procedures that are being practiced in every company. This is because each company has their own standards and policies on how things are done. There are companies that allow one week or even two days notice to request for a time off. You may see these instructions in some request for time off form samples. It is important that you know your company’s policy regarding time off requests, otherwise your request might just be denied.
In some work settings, a one month time off notice is required and should be followed by employees. This could be because of the nature of the job, or because the workload is being forecasted on a monthly basis. You might also find free statement forms useful.
How to Cancel Time Off Request During Workdays
- Notify your immediate superior about your plan for canceling your time off request. Just like requesting for a time off, it is always a good practice to give enough time for your superiors or managers to make the changes.
- Approach your immediate superior and tell them about your plan and reason for canceling your time off request. Nobody can help you better than your own supervisor.
- Never directly approach your manager unless you are told to do so. Managers are always busy, so they don’t find it polite to be directly approached by any employee.
- Remember to always follow hierarchy when doing these kinds of transactions.
- Wait for an approval that it has been successfully canceled.
Example of Time Off Request Form
Printable Time Off Request Sample
Supervisor Time Off Request Template
Simple Time Off Request Form Template
Vacation Time Off Request Forms
Vacation Time Off Request Form For Employee
Free Vacation Time Off Request Form
Unpaid Time Off Request Form
8 Tips for Handling Time Off Requests
- There should be standards or policies on how employees can request for time off. It helps establish a uniform process and also makes the request and approval process fair for all employees.
- Provide a time off request form, whether printed or online, that all employees are required to use. This once again helps in establishing a uniform process. You may also make use of sample time off request form to create your own.
- A policy for making overlapping requests should be created, especially during the holiday season. There may not be a limit as to when an employee can request for a time off, but there is a limited number of employees who can be granted the time off for a specific day.
- Be organized and put all of your time off requests in one place.
- Find or create a way in order for the employees to be able to submit their time off requests easily.
- Always have a backup plan, especially during times of emergencies. Employees having unapproved time off requests may end up being absent.
- When deciding whether to approve or deny a request, make sure that you consider the needs of the business.
- Give your employees the freedom to find their own replacements. It will also save you the hassle.
Work Time Off Request Template
Time Off Request Form for Business
Time Off Request for Company
Time Off Request Form for Holiday
Official Time Off Request Example
Volunteer Time Off Request Form
Why Is a Time Off Request Important?
We all get stressed out and weary about work that the only remedy is to fill out a time off request form and just be away from work for a day or two. Below are the reasons why a time off request is important.
- Employees are happy knowing that they get paid for working. But they get even happier to go on leave and still get paid. Time off requests are offered to give employees additional time away from work and relax.
- Time off requests can be used as a bait by most companies to be able to get hard-to-recruit employees to work for them.
- Having a time off request policy keeps everyone aware of the standard procedure to be followed to take advantage of their time off hours.
- Providing employees with time off from work can help them recharge and energize so that when they get back from work they will be even more productive, which is an advantage for the company.
- By offering time off to each employee, employers are motivating them to even work harder to achieve their goals.
- Having time off work helps one balance their work and social life.
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Rental Application Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Donation Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Donation Request Form Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Submittal Transmittal Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms – Word, PDF