If you want to spend some time to get away from work to rest and relax, then you will need to request for a time off. A time off request is necessary to notify your employer or immediate superior that you want to take some time off work for a number of days or for a specific time.
A time off request form is filled out by the said employee and then submitted to their immediate superior, which will serve as their formal request. This is how a time off request form is used. If you are in need of time off request forms, then you may view and download any of the 25 time off request form samples here. Get yours now!
Time-Off Request Form for Employee
Time-Off Request Form for Physician
Time-Off Request Form for Health care
Paid Time-Off Request Form Template
Unpaid Time-Off Request Sample
What Is a Time Off Request Form?
A time off request form is a form used and filled out by employees to formally request for a time off from work. There are a lot of reasons why employees request for a time off. It varies from one employee to the other. That is why each form is created with a space provided for the reason of such request. After completing the form, it is then submitted to the employee’s immediate superior and managers for approval. You may also make use of free time off request form or a time off request form PDF.
How to Write Time Off Request Letter
- If you have no idea how to write a time off request or what it looks like, you might want to take a look at some samples. They will give you an idea on how to write a time off request form.
- Use a formal letter layout for this kind of letter.
- Write the name and designation of the person you will submitting the letter to.
- Use a formal salutation.
- Write in your letter the reason for requesting a time off and the exact dates of your request.
- Thank them for their time.
- End your letter using a closing greeting.
- Write your name and affix your signature at the bottom.
- Spell-check and proofread your letter.
Basic Time-Off Request Form
Sample Time-Off Request
Time-Off Request Form for Home Care
Personal Time-Off Request Form
Time-Off Request Form Format
Free Time-Off Request Template
Blank Time-Off Request Sample
7 Advantages of Offering Paid Time Off
Being paid while you are away from work to take a rest or do recreational activities is already an advantage. But it doesn’t stop there. There are 7 other advantages of offering a paid time off to employees. They are briefly discussed below.
- It is a must that employers let their employees feel valued. And the best way to do that is by offering them paid time off. Showing your employees that you care can increase employee retention.
- Employees can use their paid time off or vacation leave anytime they want and need it, provided that it is approved by their managers. It doesn’t really matter what the reason is.
- Getting away from work can refresh and energize employees. Refreshed and energized employees are proven to be productive employees.
- Employees are given the freedom to choose when to take their paid time off from work. This is one of the best things about having paid time offs. As long as their request is approved by a manager, nothing can simply go wrong.
- Flexible time offs decrease the possibility of unplanned employee absences, which can greatly affect the productivity of the employee’s team and the company as a whole.
- Most applicants find it enticing to apply to a company with a very attractive time off policy or benefits. Most employees, especially those with experience and are hard to recruit, choose companies offering a great time off benefit.
- Since employees can choose when they want to use their paid time off, this empowers them and gives them the feeling that they have hold of such benefit.
You may also check request for time off form samples.
Compensatory Time-Off Request
Printable Time-Off Request Sample
Simple Time-Off Request Form Template
Time-Off Request Form for Vacation
Vacation Time-Off Request Form for Employee
Time-Off Request Form for Work
Time-Off Request Form for Business
What’s the Difference between Time Off and a Leave of Absence?
When you say a time off, it is a time that one spends away from work either to rest, do recreational activities, or even travel. A time off request can be done by filling out a time off request form provided by the company or by writing a time off request. For very time off request done, there should be a valid reason. Although there may be no invalid reason for requesting a time off request, it is not all the time that all time off requests are granted. A time off request may be an unpaid time off request or a paid time off request (PTO). These options are provided in sample time off request forms.
A leave of absence, which is commonly abbreviated as LOA, is time that one spends away from work for an extended number of days, even months, while still being employed in a company. The reason for a leave of absence could be because of health reason like having an operation, or a maternity leave. In other words, a time off lasts for a short period of time while a leave of absence is for something longer.
Time-Off Request Form for Holiday
Time-Off Request Form for Volunteer
Official Time Off Request Form
Time Off Request for HR
Example of Time Off Request Sample
What Is the Difference between Paid Time Off and Vacation?
A paid time off, also known as personal time off and PTO, is the time that one spends away from work, either for resting or for a vacation. Since this is a paid time off, there are certain reasons that are considered that makes it valid. They are paid vacation leaves and paid sick leaves. Some companies even provide a list of valid reasons for a paid time off. Vacation leaves may be considered as a paid time off, but a PTO may not be a vacation, such as a sick leave.
A vacation is also a time that one spends away from work. It may be a paid vacation leave or an unpaid vacation leave. Every company has their own vacation leave policies, which are also based on the leave policy provided by the respective state where the company is. As mentioned above, a vacation leave is a paid time off. However, there is a limit to the number of vacation leaves an employee can get. Once they have used up all their banked hours for their vacation leave, they will need to select an unpaid vacation leave when filling out their time off request forms.
8+ Sample Incident Report Forms
22+ Requisition Forms in Excel
14+ Rent Roll Form Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Tenant Information Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Sample Blank Affidavit Forms – PDF
16+ Return to Work Medical Form Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Material Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Requisition Forms – PDF, DOC, Pages
9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Trust Amendment Forms – PDF
10+ Sample Temporary Guardianship Forms – PDF
8+ Vehicle Inspection Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Emergency Contact Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Contact Forms – PDF, DOC