As employees, we request for an employee time off request so that we can rest, relax, and do enjoyable things so that we can get energized and be prepared for another work week. A time off request can simply be defined as the days that an individual spends away from work either to rest or do recreational activities.
In this article, we have prepared 16 samples that will definitely help you with your time off request needs. To further help you, we have also included some of the most useful and efficient time off requests tips. Each of the 16 time off request form samples can be viewed and downloaded online. Get them now!
Employee Time Off Request Forms
Employee Vacation Time Off Request
Printable Employee Time Off Request
Printable Time Off Request Form
Vacation Time Off Request Form
What Is a Time Off Request Form?
A time off request form is the form that employees fill out and submit to their immediate superiors or managers to get approval for their request to spend time away from work. The form serves as a formal way for employees to request a time off. Most companies provide their own time off request forms together with specific instructions on how to file the request.
What Is the Purpose of a Time Off Request Form?
- A time off request form makes it easier for employees to file or request for a time off because they will just have to fill out the form, instead of creating a time off request letter.
- Provides a uniform or standard process in requesting for a time off.
- Allows all of the employees an equal chance to requesting a time off and having their time off approved.
- A time off request form serves as a proof that one has filled out and requested for a time off on the specified dates.
- It can be used to provide instructions on the process of requesting for a time off, as shown in some sample request forms.
Company Time Off Request Form
Generic Time Off Request Form
Personal Time Off Request Form
Paid Time Off Request Forms
Supervisor Paid Time Off Request Form
Free Paid Time Off Request Form
Different Types of Time Off Request
There are mainly two types of time off requests that an employee can file for and that would be a paid and unpaid time off request. Here we will be proving you with a list of these time off requests together with a brief decription of them. They are as follows.
- Vacation – A vacation leave is usually a paid time off request unless the employee has used up all of their leave credits and specifically requested for an unpaid vacation leave. There are certain qualifications before an employee can take advantage of this leave.
- Parental Leave – This includes maternal and paternal leaves. It is a paid leave provided by the company or organization for a specific period of time. If the leave takes more than the number of days provided, then the employee will not be compensated for the extra days they are on this leave.
- Sick Leave – This is a time off that you request if you get sick or if a family member gets sick.
- Paid Time Off – Also called PTO, is often used by companies that combine sick leave and vacation leave in one. This is used in cases where there are too many people at work and only few are needed.
- Bereavement Leave – Also called a funeral leave. This is time provided to an employee to grieve and take care of important matters when an immediate family member dies.
- Leave of Absence – This could be a paid or unpaid leave depending on the number of leave credits you have left. This type of leave is requested when the reason for going on leave cannot be covered by health insurance or other benefits.
- Holiday Pay – Employees get paid on holidays depending on what holidays are included based on the company’s policies.
Simple Time Off Request Form
Teacher Time Off Request Form
Volunteer Time Off Request Form
Work Time Off Request Form
How to Write a Time Off Request Form?
This form is definitely useful because of the fact that employees will always be excited about the thought of getting a time off work. To help you, we have prepared here some steps on how to create a time off request form. Use these steps together with the sample time off request forms that you can get in this article. Please also check our invoice request forms.
- Think of how you want your time off request form to look. Do you want one with check boxes, fill-in-the-blanks, and so on?
- List down the things that you need to include in your time off request form.
- Make a draft or a layout of how you want to arrange the contents.
- Prepare the sheet where you will be making the form.
- To make your task easier, you can download and use time off request forms in PDF that are available online.
- Fill in the sheet with all that you have prepared.
- Ask feedback on what is missing on the time off request form that you have made and make the necessary changes or add the needed components.
- Do a spelling and grammar check.
- Save the finalized version and make copies as you please.
Physician Time Off Request Form
Unpaid Time Off Request Form
Compensatory Time Off Request Form
Tips for Writing Time Off Request Forms
- Use the appropriate format for your time off request. The format is essential as it is what the employees will see first before they read the contents to be filled out.
- Decide whether you will use check boxes or fill in the blanks. They have their own differences and their own benefits, so think carefully what you want to use.
- Use a table so as not to mix the information.
- Provide enough space for the employees to write on their reason for requesting the time off.
- Only add the information that are necessary or useful to the company.
- Use simple words when writing instructions on how you want the form should be filled out.
- Use a simple time off request form so as not to confuse the employees who will be filling it out.
- Provide options for paid an unpaid leave. This is helpful for recording purposes.
- Allow the employees the freedom to look for somebody to swap schedules or leaves with them and have this option provided in the time off request form.
- Make use of free time off request forms as reference when you create your own.
Also available are information request forms.
8+ Sample Pledge Forms – PDF, Word
7+ Print Release Forms – PDF
10+ Patient Feedback Forms – PDF, Word
6+ Sample Construction Work Order Forms – PDF
8+ Sample Registration Forms – PDF, Word
8+ Registration Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Rental Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Rental Application Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Donation Request Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Donation Request Form Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Submittal Transmittal Forms – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Liability Waiver Forms – Word, PDF
7+ Employment Application Form Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Employment Application Forms – PDF, DOC