A deed is a legal document that is signed and sealed. In some cases, seals are now being replaced by attesting witnesses. It serves as a proof of ownership for certain properties. Deeds may contain legal information about a transfer, a bargain, or a contract. We usually hear about deeds when talking about lots, houses, apartments, building, and cars or other types of vehicles. Deeds come in different forms to suit various needs in different situations.
You can use quick deed forms to help you gather all the required information. We have made Sample Forms available online for you to view or download.
Quitclaim Deed Form Sample
Quitclaim Deed Form in PDF
Quitclaim Deed Form Example
Generic Quitclaim Deed Form
Free Individual Quitclaim Deed Form
Types of Deeds
- General Warranty Deed – It offers the greatest protection to the grantee. Included in this deed are the warranties and covenant that the seller conveys with the title. Also check Warranty Deed Forms.
- Special Warranty Deed – It is frequently used by trusts or other corporations that don’t occupy or use the land for their benefit. It offers less protection compared to the general warranty deed. The special warranty deed is often used when a property is sold in a tax sale.
- Quitclaim Deeds – Provides the least amount of protection to the grantor. If the title has no defect, then it is as effective as that of a general warranty deed. It is used when the grantor doesn’t want any liabilities under the title covenants. Also see Quick Claim Deed Forms.
- Special Purpose Deeds – These deeds are used in connection to court proceedings. The types of special purpose deeds are administrator’s deeds, executor’s deeds, sheriff’s deeds, tax deed, and deed of gift.
- Deed of Trust – It is commonly used to transfer a title to a trustee.
- Court-Order Deeds – These deeds are executed in relation to court orders. Most of them show the actual price of real estate properties.
- Bargain and Sale Deed – This deed does not offer any guarantee that the land being sold is free of impediments.
Sample Quitclaim Deed Form
Blank Quitclaim Deed Form
The Elements That Are Essential in Deeds
- Deeds must be in writing. There are no specific requirements as to what type and format, as long as the important information is included.
- A grantor must be competent to make valid contracts and the grantee must also be capable of receiving the grant of the property.
- The grantor and grantee must have ascertainable identification.
- The property must be satisfactorily described.
- Valid words of conveyance must also be present. A necessary legal language that transfers the property is included in all standard form deeds.
- If the property is owned by more than one person, then all of them should sign the deed.
- Once the deed is legally delivered, it must be accepted by the grantee or by someone on their behalf.
Deeds must be in writing. As mentioned earlier, it is a legal document that must be signed, sealed, and delivered in order to be an effective document. An important document like a deed should never be taken lightly. The essential elements should all be included in a deed for it to be recognized and accepted.
Using reliable quick deed forms will surely be useful and they are also available for download online. To see more about deeds, you may check General Warranty Deed Samples.
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Clearance Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Uniform Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ School Admission Form Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 63+ Sample Application Form Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Advance Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Employee Performance Appraisal Form Templates in PDF
FREE 20+ Membership Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 33+ Consultation Form Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Coaching Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Student Registration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Education Form Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Details Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 33+ Campus Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Administration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Case Report Form Samples in PDF