Affidavits are a form of sworn statements that are written down and notarized. This type of notarizing is usually used as a form of proof that the signatory of the affidavit has accomplished a certain task and is now credible to either leave or start a new task or job elsewhere.
These sworn statements can be useful to detect discrepancies between an employee’s behavior in work and what the report states about the employee. It is most commonly used, however, as a means of confirming a person’s completion of a certain requirement, be it an on-the-job trainee submitting the affidavit as a means to have the hours worked at a company credited.
Name Affidavit Forms
Blank Name Affidavit
Name Update Affidavit for Individual
Affidavit for Name Change
Sworn Affidavit Forms
Website Sworn Affidavit
Sworn Affidavit General Form
Hardship Affidavit Forms
Mortgage Hardship Affidavit
Home Affordable Hardship Affidavit
Hardship Affidavit Housing Form
Affidavit of Truth Forms
Affidavit of Truth of Statements
Notice for Affidavit of Truth
Samples of Affidavit Forms
Affidavit forms are a commonly used thing. It can be written down and notarized or just voluntarily taken. However, modern times suggest the latter of keeping a written account and notarizing it to prove one’s claim is true. Let us state and learn a thing or two about affidavits. Here are a few kinds of affidavit forms.
- Name Affidavit Forms
- Blank Name Affidavit – This type of generic affidavit form is used as a means of identifying yourself under the oath of law, meaning you are stating your true and registered name to the reader. It usually requires a sworn statement of the writer and a signature from a government official.
- Name Update Affidavit for Individual – This type of affidavit is commonly used when there is a need for a name change, be it due to marital status, in which the bride will have her family name changed to that of the groom or vice versa. A name can also be updated or reverted back to the original name provided:
- The spouse has died
- Affidavit for Name Change – This type of affidavit is commonly used when there is a need for a name change, be it due to the person’s preference to change their names. However, even if the person wishes to change his or her name, it is required to have a more valid reason to change your name. You can’t change your name because your original name doesn’t sound cute; this type of reason isn’t allowed.
- Sworn Affidavit Forms
- Website Sworn Affidavit – This is used as a means to certify a website’s credibility in terms of how trustworthy the information or services are being provided on that site.
- Sworn Affidavit General Form – This form of affidavit form is most commonly used as a means of proving that an individual has indeed spoken a certain statement. This is done by listing down what the individual has said and had it notarized.
- Hardship Affidavit Forms
- Mortgage Hardship Affidavit – This type of written affidavit is used as a means of proving or stating the individual’s reasons for being unable to pay his mortgage while providing data and proof that his statements are true.
- Home Affordable Hardship Affidavit or Hardship Affidavit Housing Form – This form of affidavit is used to indicate that the person who wrote the form has difficulties in providing for his/her family due to multiple reasons such as but not limited to:
- Affidavit of Truth Forms
- Affidavit of Truth of Statements – This form of truths is used as a sworn statement that will be used in the court of law as a statement or crucial piece of evidence in a case or trial.
- Notice for Affidavit of Truth – This type of affidavit aims to remind the person to write or make his affidavit as soon as possible so as to avoid any incidents that would cause the writer of the affidavit to lose credibility in his or her statement.
- Affidavit of Support Forms
- Financial Affidavit of Support – This form of affidavit is used as a reference or a written statement to a person’s statement of their financial status.
- Affidavit of Support Application – This type of affidavit of support is for the application of financial support, whilst having a written statement validating the transactions.
Affidavit of Domicile Forms
Sample Affidavit of Domicile
Blank Affidavit of Domicile
Printable Affidavit of Domicile
Anti Ragging Affidavit Forms
Anti Ragging Affidavit Format
Sample Anti Ragging Affidavit for Students
Affidavit of Support Forms
Financial Affidavit of Support
International Student Affidavit of Support
Affidavit of Support Application
Financial Affidavit Forms
Family Law Financial Affidavit (Short Form)
Student Financial Affidavit
Financial Affidavit Long Form
Affidavit of Loss Forms
Sample Affidavit of Loss
Form for Loss of Passport
Affidavit of Loss Cheque
Affidavit of Loss Payment
Estate Affidavit Forms
Sample Small Estate Affidavit
General Affidavit Forms
General Affidavit Information
Guidelines on How to Write an Affidavit
Writing an affidavit can be at times stressful due to the fact that the document you are creating is an important and almost impossible to alter document that is required by law to be one hundred percent truth and accurate in description. This is so because docments of high importance such as an affidavit can be used later on as a means of proof or evidence when in court. Here are some guidelines you need to take note of when writing your own affidavit:
- Keep things truthful. When writing an affidavit, it is required that the output written within the affidavit be as close to the truth as much as possible. This is to avoid any likelihood of fraudulent claims.
- Always have copies. As of all legal documents, when making an affidavit, it should be required that you keep extra copies in case something happens to the original, or if you need it for something else.
- As much as possible, have witnesses. It is more official if there are several witnesses when you are writing your affidavit, to prove that the document is indeed official and that there are others to testify to its validity. They can be called upon later to verify any statements.
- Notarize. After writing the affidavit in front of at least one other witness, have it notarized and signed by an official, you the writer, and any and all witnesses. This is to ensure that the document being processed is indeed valid.
Now that we know a few guidelines to follow when writing an affidavit, let us state the importance of having a well-formated affidavit. One of the most common reason is that it would make it more formal, which would make it more noticeable and make it look more responsible, or more legitimate. Also, it will show that you are indeed dedicated to the statement and will appear as a proper form of evidence.
If you need more kinds of forms, affidavit ones or otherwise, you can check our website. We have forms available in mostly DOC and PDF formats. These are the most common formats used worldwide, therefore they are easy to use and are easily accessible since they can be opened in most office applications. With that being said, they can be accessed through mobile devices and other platforms, which is convenient. What’s more, our samples are free to download, so what are you waiting for?
FREE 8+ Sample Leave Request Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Deed of Gift Forms in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Photography Consent Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Parts Order Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Requisition Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ ACH Form Samples in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Vendor Evaluation Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 17+ W2 Form Samples in PDF
FREE 23+ Minor Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Students Feedback Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 18+ Check Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 21+ Notification Form Samples in MS Word | Outlook | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Audition Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Clearance Form Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 19+ Study Form Samples in MS Word | PDF