There may be numerous jokes in the expense of lawyers, but it cannot be denied that it is a profession that holds high, although sometimes grudging, respect. A lawyer is usually seen as a tough, imposing, and heartless individual. What many don’t realize is that a career plan in law is a noble career. These men and women in designer suits and drive expensive cars are the same people who would put their lives on the line to fight for the rights of their clients.
Interested in a career in law? Check out these Sample Resumes to get an idea on what it would take to be a practicing barrister.
Basic Lawyer Resume Template
Experienced Lawyer Resume Template
Corporate Lawyer Resume Template
Intern Lawyer Resume Template
Construction Lawyer Resume Template
Basic Criminal Lawyer Resume Template
In-House Lawyer Resume Template
Business Lawyer Resume Template
Healthcare Lawyer Resume Template
Family Lawyer Resume Template
Lateral Lawyer Resume Template
Lawyer Resume Cover Letter Template
Sample Corporate Lawyer Resume Template
Lawyer Assistant Resume Template
Criminal Lawyer Resume Example
Lawyer Skills for Resume in PDF
A lawyer goes through almost a decade of studying. Some law students get part-time jobs as legal assistants while in law school. If you want to do this, here are some examples of Legal Assistant Resumes.
- To be a lawyer, you must complete a bachelor’s degree. Choose a degree that would hone your understanding of people like psychology, develop your ability to understand and manipulate words like linguistics, or give you a background in politics like political science.
- Get a law degree. You can choose between a Bachelor of Laws or Judiciary Doctor degree. These are more or less the same; although in some countries, an LLB degree has completely been renamed to JD.
- You have the option to pursue a Master of Laws degree. Some countries require lawyers to have a couple of hours of continuing education.
- Take and pass the bar exam, said to be the most difficult exam in every country. Only 50% of takers pass every year.
Essential Skills for Lawyers
- Lawyers must have excellent oral and written communication skills assessment. They must be able to write concisely and persuasively, and speak powerfully and eloquently.
- They must be able to draw rational and logical conclusions based on evidence presented. They should be able to anticipate holes in their arguments and fortify these while also spotting weaknesses in the opposition’s arguments.
- Law school alone would already take a great deal of commitment and perseverance. When their law careers begin, they’d need even more.
- Lawyers should also be creative. They should be quick on their feet, unpredictable and full of surprises. After all, the winner in a courtroom is not the one who tells the truth but the one who could spin the most convincing version of their truth.
- Lawyers should be advocates. They should know how to stand for what they want.
- Lawyers should good negotiators as a lot of times, they’d be arguing over settlement agreements.
- Lawyers would also double as counselors to their clients. They’d be giving them advice and would have to convince them of what the best legal action would be.
Sample Experienced Lawyer Resume Template
Professional Lawyer Resume Template
Lawyer Resume Example
Being a lawyer is a noble, admirable, respectable, and enviable career. It takes commitment and a lot of hard work and sacrifice, but it would all be worth it. To get started, check out these Legal Resume Samples and start building your resume for your law career now.
FREE 13+ Sample Customer Service Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Pharmacist Resume Templates in PDF
FREE 8+ Receptionist Resume Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 28+ Simple Resume Format in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Hospitality Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Store Manager Resume Templates in PDF
FREE 59+ Fresher Resume Examples in PSD | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Data Analyst Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Chef Resume Templates in MS Word | Pages
FREE 8+ Sample CV Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample HR Executive Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Internship Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Warehouse Worker Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Carpenter Resume Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Electrician Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word