There may be numerous jokes in the expense of lawyers, but it cannot be denied that it is a profession that holds high, although sometimes grudging, respect. A lawyer is usually seen as a tough, imposing, and heartless individual. What many don’t realize is that a career in law is a noble career. These men and women in designer suits and drive expensive cars are the same people who would put their lives on the line to fight for the rights of their clients.
Interested in a career in law? Check out these Sample Resumes to get an idea on what it would take to be a practicing barrister.
Sample Corporate Lawyer Resume
Lawyer Assistant Resume
Criminal Lawyer Resume Example
Lawyer Skills for Resume PDF
A lawyer goes through almost a decade of studying. Some law students get part-time jobs as legal assistants while in law school. If you want to do this, here are some examples of Legal Assistant Resumes.
- To be a lawyer, you must complete a bachelor’s degree. Choose a degree that would hone your understanding of people like psychology, develop your ability to understand and manipulate words like linguistics, or give you a background in politics like political science.
- Get a law degree. You can choose between a Bachelor of Laws or Judiciary Doctor degree. These are more or less the same; although in some countries, an LLB degree has completely been renamed to JD.
- You have the option to pursue a Master of Laws degree. Some countries require lawyers to have a couple of hours of continuing education.
- Take and pass the bar exam, said to be the most difficult exam in every country. Only 50% of takers pass every year.
Essential Skills for Lawyers
- Lawyers must have excellent oral and written communication skills. They must be able to write concisely and persuasively, and speak powerfully and eloquently.
- They must be able to draw rational and logical conclusions based on evidence presented. They should be able to anticipate holes in their arguments and fortify these while also spotting weaknesses in the opposition’s arguments.
- Law school alone would already take a great deal of commitment and perseverance. When their law careers begin, they’d need even more.
- Lawyers should also be creative. They should be quick on their feet, unpredictable and full of surprises. After all, the winner in a courtroom is not the one who tells the truth but the one who could spin the most convincing version of their truth.
- Lawyers should be advocates. They should know how to stand for what they want.
- Lawyers should good negotiators as a lot of times, they’d be arguing over settlement agreements.
- Lawyers would also double as counselors to their clients. They’d be giving them advice and would have to convince them of what the best legal action would be.
Experienced Lawyer Resume PDF
Professional Lawyer Resume
Lawyer Resume Example
Being a lawyer is a noble, admirable, respectable, and enviable career. It takes commitment and a lot of hard work and sacrifice, but it would all be worth it. To get started, check out these Legal Resume Samples and start building your resume for your law career now.
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 7+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 15+ PSD Resume Templates in PSD
FREE 15+ Coach Resume Samples in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample HR Executive Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Account Manager Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Photoshop
FREE 10+ Java Developer Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 37+ Executive Resume Designs in MS Word | Pages
FREE 33+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 13+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages