You might be contemplating on how long your resume should be. Should it be one a one-page resume or should it be a bit longer? We’ll tell you something: Employers prefer short resumes. Now, we’re not saying that you should cram everything in one page as that will result to a poorly formatted resume.
We are here to help! We’ll give you tips on how you can make your resumes be informative despite being short in length. We also prepared the best resume examples for every career and job seeker. You are sure to find one that will best suit your taste.
Sample One-Page Resume Layout
Sample Guide to Resumes
Sample Professional Resume
Successful Resume Outline Sample
Sample Ph.D. Resume
When to Use a One-Page Resume
You can make use of a one-page resume if you are:
- A job applicant with a work experience level of less than 5 years.
- Planning on changing careers.
There are a ton of tips on writing a one-page resume that you can check out should you be confused on how you should format your resume.
When to Use a Two-Page Resume
Make use of a two-page resume if you are:
- An applicant who has an extensive experience (5 years and up).
- You need to showcase your technical skills and you have a lot of achievements to mention that are related to your target position/s.
“Can I Write Resumes That Are Longer Than Two Pages?”
The quick answer is YES. This is usually applicable for job applicants who are applying for senior level positions and have publications and research to showcase.
Writing Resumes No Matter How Long They Are
- Only include relevant items. Carefully go through the job description of every position you are planning to apply for. Customize your resume according to the requirements needed for the job. You might find that for every job application you make, your resumes might change in length.
- Play around with the formatting. Check out the font style, sizes, and margin you are using for your resume. Remember that resume formatting matters more than you think. Just play around with the format and choose the one that you find best suits your taste.
- Keep it neat. Utilize the white space on your resume. Make sure that your resume does not look cluttered and that the words are nicely spaced.
Grad Student Resume Sample
Summer Job Sample Resume
Finance & Banking Sample Resume
Social Worker Sample Resume
Experienced Professional Sample Resume
It is safe to say that nowadays, the length of your resume does not matter as long as everything has been stated briefly and has been presented in a manner that will be pleasing to look at. The sample resume formats presented will help you out, as well as the tips we have presented. We wish you all the best in your career and future plans.
6+ Sample Hostess Resumes – PDF, DOC
9+ Curriculum Vitae Examples – PDF, Word
8+ Basic Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
7+ Hostess Resumes Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Event Coordinator Resumes in PDF
8+ Sample Event Coordinator Resumes in Word, PDF
Simple Guide to Creating Your Own Resume
Curriculum Vitae vs. Resume
31+ Professional Manager Resume Samples
42+ Professional Fresher Resumes
11 Customer Service Resumes to Download
7 College Student Resume Templates Download for Free
22+ Resume Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
10 Resume Writing Samples & Templates
5 Quick Fixes to Long Resume Samples & Templates