There are all kinds of resumes out there. Each resume is specifically tailored to a certain form of job. Knowing what kind of resume you are looking for will help you increase the chances of landing the job you’re vying for. We want to tell you about the general resume types on this list so that you’ll have better knowledge of them.
You should know the format of each resume that you are planning to make. The format of a resume can be a deciding factor to whether or not you get the job in the first place. Employers like to look at applicants who know what they’re doing.
Choosing the Best Resume Type
You have to consider the job you are applying for and what kind of resume will suit your style.
There are generally four types of standards resumes that you can choose from:
- Chronological – it lists down your work history from your recent job right down to your earliest. More often used by those with a solid work history.
- Functional – this type of resume focuses on skills first rather than work experiences. It is often second to displaying your actual skills. Perfect for those without work experiences.
- Combination – this resume type is a combination of the above. Descriptive of both your skills and your work history, this type of resume can really boost your chances of landing a job.
- Targeted – mirroring the job qualifications, this type of resume is for those who are really going all out to get into a certain job.
Review the Purpose of a Resume
The purpose of a resume is for employers to get to know who you are and why they should hire you. Hiring people can cost funding, and employers don’t want to waste their time with people who aren’t up to the challenge. They want to be able to hire the best they can find for a certain job, and that’s what a resume can do for you.
Examples of Different Kinds of Job Resumes
- Teacher Resume – for those who want to teach for any type of school.
- Sales Resume – for those who are skilled in selling at general.
- Customer Service Resume – for those whose skills are suited to handling customers on a daily basis.
- Manager Resume – for those who want to be in charge.
- Marketing Resume – for those seeking a job in the business world.
- Functional Resume – for those without experiences but need a resume for the job, this is what you are looking for.
- IT Resume – for computer specialists who want to be hired for their skills for a computer.
- College Student Resume – for those who aren’t applying for a job but for a college.
- Retail Resume – for those whose skills are best suited to selling consumer goods.
- Federal Resume – for those who are interested in applying for governmental jobs.
If you are a fresh graduate, then you can check out our fresher resume examples. You might need a guide to create your own resume and we can also help you out with that.
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 7+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 15+ PSD Resume Templates in PSD
FREE 15+ Coach Resume Samples in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample HR Executive Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Account Manager Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Photoshop
FREE 10+ Java Developer Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 37+ Executive Resume Designs in MS Word | Pages
FREE 33+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 13+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages