Most kids who grew up playing the simulation game The Sims have, at some point, considered being an architect. There is much satisfaction that can be achieved in designing the home where a couple breathes life into their dreams of building a family or the office space where great ideas were nurtured and developed. There is something magnificent about knowing that, one day, you could build something immortal, something that would last long after you’re gone—a legacy to be admired generation after generation.
Do you feel the call to a life of creativity and design as an architect? If so, see these Sample Resumes that could help you paint the map to get to where you want to be.
Software Architect Resume
Sample Architect Skills Resume
Graduate Architect Resume Example
Architect Intern Resume Format
Technical Architect Resume
Architects are admired and envied by many, and for good reason. Architecture requires years of study, internships, and licensing tests. To be an architect, you must
- complete a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program;
- complete a year of internship program;
- pass the pass-or-fail licensing exam;
- regularly renew your license by earning continuing education credits; and
- obtain a master’s in architecture degree and, if you wish to pursue even higher education, a Doctor of Architecture degree, so more doors would open.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Architects are involved in every stage of construction from design right up to completion. The job of architects involve
- preparing a design and presenting it to the client,
- producing a detailed picture of the project,
- drafting up a costing plan,
- negotiating with contractors and other professionals that might be involved in the construction,
- site visits to check on the progress of construction,
- dealing with any problem that might come up during construction,
- regularly meeting with the clients to update them on the progress of the construction and other people involved,
- advising the clients on decisions to be made about the project, and
- keeping track of the time frame and making sure that construction will be finished as agreed.
Architect Job Resume in PDF
Enterprise Architect Resume
Experienced Architect Resume
Solution Architect Resume
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
To have a successful career as an architect, here are the skill sets that must be possessed, honed, and developed:
Communication and Interpersonal Skills. Architects deal with different kinds of clients and contractors. They must be able to communicate their ideas in a professional manner as well as negotiate the best prices for their clients. Architects, also, work on referral. Building a strong network of connections means that architects could land more jobs if they knew the right people to contact.
Have a Strong Visual Awareness and Eye for Detail. Architects are involved in every aspect of construction. They should be able to see every detail and foresee how each detail could affect the entirety of the project. If you’re an architect, there is no room for carelessness and mistake.s
Passion for Architecture. Because being an architect could take up a lot of your years, it requires genuine passion and love for the field. Your paycheck would not be motivation enough when you’re going through the difficulties that come with the job.
For other similar careers, also check out these Creative Resumes.
26+ Professional Manager Resume Samples
32+ Executive Resume Designs
11+ Executive Resume Examples
31+ Executive Resumes in Word
12+ Executive Resume Samples
10+ Sample Executive Resumes
8+ Executive Resume Templates – Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Police Resumes
7+ Sample Police Officer Resumes
9+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resumes
10+ Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
11+ Sample Admin Assistant Resumes
15+ Sample Supervisor Resumes to Free Download
11+ Sample Supervisor Resumes
10+ Programmer Resume Templates – Samples , Examples & Format