A receipt is an essential document used in the various transactions done in the business. In order to have a record of these transactions, a receipt format is used. A receipt is also an official and legal document that can be used as a proof of payment.
Always remember to put the company letterhead on the receipt when creating one. We have a wide selection of samples and templates available for you to download on this page. You can use the samples to help you outline your receipt or you can use a template to help you start creating one.
Free Rent Receipt Templates
House Rent Receipt
Medical Service Receipt
How to Write a Receipt for Payment
When a consumer purchases goods and services from a particular establishment, he or she is issued a payment receipt by the business after a payment is made. A receipt is an important document used in business as proof that a consumer has paid for the products or services. If you need to create a sample receipt for your business, the steps in writing one are as follows:
- The first thing you need to do when writing a receipt for payment is to write the name of the business, the address, and the contact number.
- If you have a business logo, include one beside the name of the business.
- Write the date of the receipt.
- Write the customer information such as the name, address, and contact number.
- In your receipt, create a table and list down the items and services that have been purchased by the customer.
- Individually write the prices of each of the items purchased.
- Write the subtotal, tax charges, and additional fees for shipping.
- Write the total amount paid and the payment method used to pay.
- Add terms and conditions regarding the warranty and the return policy.
Free Car Sales Receipt Templates
Used Car Sales Receipt
Car Dealer Sales Receipt
Private Car Sales Receipt
Advance Payment Receipt
Rent Payment Receipt
Tax Payment Receipt
How to Create Your First Freelance Receipt
Freelancers and independent contractors also need to provide receipts to their clients, especially if you are new to a freelancing business. A cleaning service receipt is a type of receipt sent by a cleaning service business after a client pays for their services. To help you write your first freelance receipt, here are the steps needed to guide you in writing one.
- Write a title in your receipt by writing “Receipt” on the first part of your document.
- Write the name of your business, the address, and contact numbers. Add a logo to your receipt to make it look more professional.
- Include relevant information about your client such as the name and contact number.
- Create a breakdown of the services that you have provided including the materials used and the labor costs.
- Provide a price for each of the items.
- Write the additional fees, tax, and the total amount paid by the client.
- Just like any receipt, a freelance receipt should include the method of payment and the date when the payment was received.
What Is a Medical Receipt?
A medical receipt can be defined as the following:
- It is a type of receipt used in the medical field. For example, if a client or a patient has received medical care from a health care service provider, they are given payment receipt samples that contain the services provided to them.
- This is an important document in order to keep a record of the purchases and is especially useful for insurance purposes.
- A medical receipt can be a tool used by employees in a medical organization for reimbursement purposes should it fall under the medical regulations of the company where they work for.
Free Cleaning Service Receipt Templates
House Cleaning Service Receipt
Carpet Cleaning Service Invoice
Swimming Pool Cleaning Service Receipt
Vehicle Sales Receipt
Used Vehicle Sellers’ Receipt
Motor Vehicle Sales Receipt
Vehicle Sales Receipt Format
Auto Sales Receipt
Automotive Sales Receipt
Automobile Sales Receipt
Cash Payment Receipt
Cash Deposit Receipt
Cash Received Receipt
Army Donation Receipt
Red Cross Donation Receipt
Equipment Donation Receipt
Uses of Vehicle Payment Receipts
Vehicle payment receipts are important documents used when an individual purchases a vehicle. When one purchases a car, the payment terms usually takes a span of a few years where the buyer pays a specific amount every month. This is when a vehicle payment receipt is given by the seller to acknowledge that a buyer has paid a specific amount. The uses of payment receipt examples are as follows:
- It can be used as proof of the payments that a buyer has made.
- A receipt contains the terms of the warranty and the return policy should there be any defects or damages to the vehicle.
How to Issue Donation Receipts
Here are the steps to issue a donation receipt template:
- Place the header of the organization who will use the donation.
- Specify the name of the person or group who gave the donation.
- List the date in which the donation has been given.
- Accurately place the donation amount in digits and in words.
- Sign the donation receipt for verification.
- Review the sample donation receipt and assure that all information are already present in the document.
- Send or issue the donation receipt to the person to whom it is for either through physical interaction or email messaging.
Free Rent Deposit Receipt Template
Apartment Security Deposit Receipt
Rent and Security Deposit Receipt
Rent Deposit Refund Receipt
Payment Due Upon Receipt
Contract Lease Payment Due Upon Receipt
Payment Due Upon Receipt
Business Tax Receipt
Commercial Business Tax Receipt
Local Business Tax Receipt
Application for Business Tax Receipt
Sales Tax Receipt
Gross Sales Tax Receipt
Sales Tax Receipt for Deduction
Sales Tax Payment Receipt
Free Vehicle Payment Receipt Templates
Vehicle Down Payment Receipt
Vehicle Purchase Payment Receipt
Are Medical Receipts Tax Deductible?
Though individuals can deduct medical taxes through their medical receipt templates, there are only specific types of costs where taxes can be deducted. That is why it is important to keep your medical receipts for this purpose. For a medical receipt to be tax deductible, these conditions apply:
- A medical receipt can be tax deductible if it is related to the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of diseases.
- If it is a type of treatment that impacts the structure and/or function of an individual’s body.
- If it is for the purpose of a patient’s transportation from and to the health care facility.
Tips for Creating a Receipt
It is important to provide a well-crafted receipt to your clients. Follow the tips below to be able to create an effective receipt.
- Be specific with the amount that you will place in the document.
- Create a receipt that is organized, well-formatted, and easy to understand.
- Maintain the content structure of your receipt based on the operations of the business in a specified time.
- Always remember to place items that are needed to be seen by the customers.
- Avoid errors so that no misconception or misunderstanding will occur in the business-client relationship.
19+ Restaurant Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
23+ Donation Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel, Pages
7+ Sample Advance Payment Receipts – Word, PDF
27 Free Payment Receipts
42+ Payment Receipt Samples
11+ Business Receipt Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Contractor Receipt Samples
6+ Sample Rent Payment Receipts
7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
5+ Medical Receipt Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Example, and Formats
9+ Contractor Receipt Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Construction Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Templates
27+ Receipt Templates in Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples