Selling cars, whether brand new or not, is serious business. Aside from other legal documents needed when selling a car, a car sale receipt must also be issued to use as proof of sale. Making a car sale receipt is not so difficult to do, but it should contain accurate details about the car sale since it can be used as an official document for a transaction. To know how to make a car sale receipt, read the article below.
10+ Car Receipt Samples
1. Car Sale Receipt Template
2. Car Dealership Receipt Template
3. Car Rental Receipt Template
4. Car Buyer/Seller Receipt
5. Car Sale/Deposit Receipt
6. Program Liability Car Sales Receipt
7. Car Deposit Value Receipt
8. Missing Car Purchase Receipt
9. Car Sale Invoice Receipt
10. Car Rental Missing Receipt Affidavit
11. Car Travel Reimbursement Receipt
Importance of a Car Sale Receipt
It’s always wise to document your transaction with every product you buy; especially cars. This is important for cash transactions to verify and make it traceable in case it needs to be. This is useful as proof to see the agreed It is also useful as an addition to proof of sale especially for used-car purchases that verifies that the new vehicle has been bought and now has an official new owner.
How to Make a Car Sale Receipt
- Prepare a document that has the spaces for the buyer and seller names, car details, price agreed upon, and the date of sale. There are a lot of receipt books for sale in office supply stores that you no longer have to make a format on making a receipt. However, if that’s not applicable to you, some sample templates of car receipts are available above that you can download and use. Plus, it’s free.
- It’s time to state the names of those involved in the sale, and the date of the sale at the top part of the receipt. Identify the buyer and seller are by placing “buyer” or “seller” after each party’s name. Include a sentence that states the maker, model, year, and vehicle identification number of the car. State the condition of the car whether if it’s used or brand new. Also, include if the car has a warranty or not.
- Jot down the agreed total price of the car. If the car has been paid in downpayment, put how much is the due remainder.
- Make a space at the bottom of the receipt for the signatures of both buyer and seller of the car.
How do I protect myself when selling a car?
Here are some tips to protect yourself from danger and scams when selling a car: Don’t give personal information to your buyers, inform a friend or a family member of the transaction, screen the buyer’s background information, and meet buyers in a public place.
What is the most reliable car ever made?
There are a lot of reliable cars that are made for years and it is proven and tested for many drivers. Some examples are Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Beetle, Volvo 700 and 900 series to mention a few.
At what mileage should you buy a used car?
Car dealers can tell you the mileage of a used car you want to buy. If the car dealer does not know the mileage of the car, this next tip is going to be useful for you. Most average car owners put around 12,000 miles on a car each year. To determine the mileage, know the car’s age and multiply 12,000 to its age.
A single piece of receipt can be an important document for cash transactions so make sure not to lose it. Keep it in a safe place. For sellers, keep a copy of the receipt too as this will be useful when you’re going to legally change the car’s ownership. To help you get started on making a car sale receipt, download our free car receipt templates above. These are printable so you can use them once you’ve hit a sale of your car.
FREE 12+ Vehicle Invoice Templates
FREE 11+ Car Sale Invoice Templates
FREE 11+ Sales receipt Samples
FREE 10+ Sales Receipt Templates
FREE 8+ Sample Sales Receipts
FREE 7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
FREE 7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples
FREE 7+ Sample Sales Receipts
FREE 6+ Sample Sales Receipt Forms
How to Make a Receipt?
FREE 36+ Printable Receipt Forms
FREE 15+ Blank Sales Receipt Templates
FREE 9+ Delivery Receipt Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Receipts
FREE 8+ Loan Receipt Templates