Writing a research paper— whether for academic, work, or personal interest— is a challenge. From gathering your related literature, to figuring out your methodology, and to finding reliable respondents/participants for your data; everything has to be meticulously planned out and written. But what might be the most challenging of all is conceptualizing your research problem.
The legitimacy of your research and yourself as the researcher can be found in the overview of your Statement of the Research Interest. With this in mind, writing your research interest can be daunting since you’re still barely solidifying the outline of your paper– but don’t fret! In this article, we give you free, editable, and printable Research Interest Statement samples that you can use to guide you in your research paper. Keep on reading to find out more!
10+ Research Interest Statement Samples
1. Research Interest Statement
2. Statement of Research Interest
3. Research Interest Statement of Purpose
4. Sample Statement of Research Interest
5. Printable Statement of Research Interest
6. School Graduate Statement of Research Interest
7. Editable Statement of Research Interest
8. Standard Research Interest Statement of Purpose
9. Statement of Research Teaching Interest
10. Statement of Research Interest Summary
11. Academic Research Interest Statement
What Is the Statement of the Research Interest?
The Statement of the Research Interest is a usually a 1-3 page document that is mostly required in graduate or PhD programs, this gives an initial perspective of your knowledge and expertise on the field. In graduate school, the statement of the research interest is crucial for the faculty to consider you for the position. This document gives preview of what your research can contribute to to your field, as it also gives context on your previous research work(s) and academic achievement.
How to Strengthen Your Research Statement
Your Statement of the Research Interest, or research statement in short, is technical in nature but should be comprehensible enough for all members of the department and those outside your field. For those who are interested, here are some tips to guide you in making an effective essay:
- Provide an overall theme of your essay. You can justify why this main idea is important in your research interest and include what set of skills you acquire that would address them.
- Administer your credibility. Present previous situations in your past affiliations or work wherein you solved problems that are related to your field. Narrate the process of how you solved them and relate it with how this can be useful for your future research.
- Your essay must be written and presented in a clear, concise, and concrete manner.
- Avoid jargon. Hifalutin words are highly discouraged, your essay must be written in a language that could be understood by all. Although your research is geared towards a specific field, you should be able to construct it in a manner that is comprehensible by readers outside your target audience.
- Provide a summary of your research. You could also include future direction of your research such as the preliminary results in order to let the admission committee visualize the importance of your contribution to the field.
- Relate how the faculty could be great partners of the research.
- Indicate who, how, and where you can find funding to back up your research.
- Don’t forget to write a solid conclusion/final paragraph of your essay that would give a good and lasting impression to the admissions committee.
How do you start a research interest statement?
Begin your statement by stating the broader field in which you are working and the larger question or questions that you are hoping to address. Then it should move on to expressing your precise interest.
What is the difference between statement of purpose and research interest?
Unlike the statement of purpose, which highlights your academic strengths and background, career goals, and program fit, the research interest emphasizes your personal motivations for applying to the program, as well as any major accomplishments or challenges you’ve faced along the way.
What is the importance of the statement of research interest?
The objective of a research statement is to inform an academic student or a research committee about the research document’s important points, as well as where the research will lead in the future. It is more found in graduate schools,
Overall, a research is a very lengthy process. It could take months and even years to find your data and reach the yearned conclusion. There are so many logistics and factors to keep track of, but before you could start any of that you must first defend yourself in the statement of the research interest. These free templates can help you out, print these samples and you’re good to go!
FREE 10+ Sample Research Statement
FREE 8+ Sample Statement of Interest
FREE 9+ Sample Statement of Interest
FREE 37+ Statement Formats
FREE 29+ Statement Samples
FREE 12+ Declaration Statement Samples
FREE 11+ Statement of Purpose Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Statement of Purpose
FREE 10+ Sample Purpose Statement
FREE 10+ Analytical Thesis Statement Samples
FREE 9+ Statement of Purpose Templates
FREE 44+ Sample Statement Forms
FREE 26+ Sample Statement Forms
FREE 12+ Sample Restaurant Statement
FREE 10+ Sample Letter of Intent For University