What is meant by maintenance service. It is defined as a type of service that is provided so that products, equipment, or tools are kept in good operation condition. As much as we would like to keep and maintain our own stuff in good condition, a lot of us fail in almost all of our attempts. That is why maintenance service companies are here to provide us with the help that we need.
Maintenance service businesses offer a wide range of commercial services, which includes repairs, construction services, and many more. A contract is one of the many documents that must be present in this kind of business. In this, article, we will get to know what maintenance service contracts are, the many different uses of a contract, why it is important and many more. Sample maintenance contract templates have also been provided for your reference.
Operation and Maintenance Service Contract
Operations and Maintenance Agreement Template
Maintenance Service Contract Example
Operations and Maintenance Agreement Template
Facility Management Maintenance Contract
Service and Maintenance Contract Template
Contract for Generator Maintenance
What Are Maintenance Service Contract Templates?
A maintenance service contract is an agreement between two parties that covers everything about maintenance services. The parties involved in this contract consists of the maintenance service company and their clients. The contract is necessary so that business arrangements and preferences by the two parties can be discussed and agreed on before the services are actually rendered. Maintenance service contracts can also be short-term or long term contracts depending on what has been agreed on by both parties. Because of this, a written contract is the ideal type of contract to use.
For written contracts, it is convenient to use maintenance service contract templates. These templates contain all the necessary parts and contents of a contract that makes it complete and reliable. For the document to be completed, the required fields must be supplied with the appropriate information, which are actual details or information about the present or current transaction.
Contract templates are also used for many reasons and they are as follows:
- Templates make the task of producing and creating a contract easy and convenient.
- The template is used to make sure that the document produced is detailed, complete and is of high-quality.
- A contract template is used to save time, brainpower and energy. This is because you can have the template saved and file and have it opened when needed.
- Templates can be used as guide or reference when making ones own contract, or to check out what parts or components of a contract must be included.
If you need a contract for your business transaction, then why not use contract templates? This will definitely help you come up with a detailed and well-written contract. You may check out sample templates in different articles that are available on our website, like Auto Sales Contract Template, Wedding Photography Contract Templates, and Puppy Sales Contract Template.
What Services Are Offered by a Maintenance Service Company?
Although maintenance companies mainly offer maintenance services, they also provided related services such as repairs and construction services. However, not all maintenance companies offer them as this depends on the business and how they do things. Here is a list of the services offered by a maintenance service company.
- Remodeling – Instead of restoring something to its original glory, a lot of people would prefer having them remodeled and turned into something of their own preference. When remodeling, the structure and the form of that something is changed.
- Painting – Repainting walls, roofs, houses and entire buildings is one way to restore or maintain a property. Paints not only provide color and aesthetics to a property, it also offers some form of protection to help keep the property materials last longer.
- Electrical – Electrical wiring and other electrical stuff must be maintained and kept an eye on as they are potential for hazards and accidents, like electrocution and fires. Now, instead spending for the restoration or rebuilding of a burnt house or building, why not have electrical maintenance services and pay lesser?
- Plumbing – What would you do if your water pipe system is leaking or your water drainage is clogged? You would need plumbing services, or better yet hire plumbing maintenance services so that you wont ever have to experience problems with your water pipe system.
- House Cleaning – Houses become places conducive for living they are well-maintained and kept clean at all times. If your busy and don’t have the time to spare for such thing, then hire a house cleaning service to do it for you. It won’t cost you a fortune.
- Janitorial – Hiring janitorial services for your office or establishment will help make your office a place that is conducive for working.
- Carpet Cleaning – This is a task that a lot of people have a hard time on or they just don’t have the right equipment for the job. If buying your own vacuum cleaner would cost you a fortune, then hriing carpet cleaning services surely wont.
- Flooring – The services includes are cleaning the floors, repairing damaged or broken floor tiles, and keeping or maintaining them to look good and presentable. Floor maintenance is necessary to avoid common accidents like slips in which the establishment are held liable.
- Heating and Air Conditioning Service and Repair – This is one of the most common maintenance services being used by a lot of people, especially when the new season is starting.
What Are the Essential Elements of a Valid Contract?
A contract does not become valid just because it has been discussed, agreed on and implemented. There are certain conditions that must be met in order for a contract to be valid and they are as follows:
Offer and acceptance
Every contract starts with an offer that is then accepted by another party. Without these two elements a contract will not exist as there is nothing to agree about.
Mutual consent of parties
This element is referred to as the meeting of the minds. This means that the parties involved agree on the same terms and conditions at the same.
Intention to create legal obligation
Being part of a contract is not something that you agree now and forget about later. In a contract, both parties must have the intention to go to court if any party violates or breaches the terms and conditions stated in the contract. This separates a contract from that of social agreements where verbal promises are given but they don’t go to court if the promise is not fulfilled.
Free consent of parties
The parties involved in the contract must not be forced into joining it. The contract details must not be misrepresented, coerced, and having undue influence. A free contract is free from coercion, fact misrepresentation and fraud and the parties involved are threatened or physically forced to join.
Not everybody is qualified to join a contract. Certain criteria must be met by an individual or person in order to be able to take part in contract. If they join a party but don’t meet the criteria, the contract will be considered invalid. The criteria are as follows:
- Must be of legal age.
- Must have a sound mind.
- Must not be disqualified by the law to join or enter a contract.
The contract must be something that is not against the law and must not suffer any legal flaws. Otherwise it will not be considered valid and will not be enforceable by the law. To become lawful, it should not be fraudulent, immoral and opposed to public policy.
Contracts that are valid practice the concept of something in return. This is what is meant by lawful consideration. If one parties offer something, the other party must also offer something in return that is equal to what is being offered. If only one party gives and all the other party does is to receive, then the agreement is no longer a contract but is referred to as gift giving.
Not expressly declared void
When you say expressly declared void, it means that the type of contract has already been considered invalid in that country or state even before you have decided or planned to start your own. it will never be considered valid and will never be enforceable by the law. Examples are contracts that are not in the public’s interests, trade restrictions, marriage, etc.
Possibility of performance
In order for a contract to be valid, it must be something that is capable of being performed. In other words, it must be something that is possible in real life.
Must be certain
The definition and everything else in the contract must be certain. It must not be vague, uncertain or any bit confusing.
An agreement may be verbal or written and both types are considered legal. However, for a contract to be truly legal and valid, it must follow legal formalities. If the law requires a certain type of contract to be put in writing, registered, and sworn, then it must done. Otherwise the contract will be invalid.
Building Maintenance Service Agreement Contract
Maintenance Service Agreement Template
Maintenance Contract terms and Conditions
Premium Maintenance Contract Samples
Why Do You Need a Contract for Your Maintenance Business?
It’s not just maintenance business that require contracts. In fact, all other types of businesses must have a contract in place to ensure that the transaction they are doing, is legitimate, legal and reliable. Of course, it must include all the necessary elements of a valid contract. So, if you are asked why you need a contract for your maintenance business, the very first thing that would come to mind is that it is important. How is it important?
In this business, there will be two parties involved and they are the service provider and the client. When clients hire certain services of the business they must pay for the services rendered. But before that, a discussion takes place between the service provider and the client until they finally agree. What has been discussed will be written in the contract. The parties then will review this contract and if they see that everything is written accordingly, then they move on to sign the agreement. With that, consent has been given by both parties to join the contract. The document serves as proof of the transaction.
After the contract has been signed, they are now both bound to oblige to the terms and conditions stated in the contract which they have discussed and agreed on. Because of this, the service provider can work on the requested services and then get paid after. Yes, the contract helps businesses get paid. What is being avoided with a contract in place is that, the parties cannot claim or deny what has been agreed on in the transaction because the contract says it all. They both have a feeling of security and protection that the other party will do their share of responsibilities. The service provider will be responsible for performing or rendering the requested services and the client will be responsible for paying for the services rendered as agreed.
Excuses, claims and denials will not be considered if a contract is in place in any business transaction, such as a providing maintenance service. If you want to help yourself and your business then start with using a contract.
We hope that you are able to learn something from this article. If so, you might also be interested on other related articles that we offer, like Cleaning Company Services Contract Templates, Free Contract Templates, and Photography Contract Templates. You may also download sample contract templates there for free!
Sample Construction Contract Agreement - 13+ Examples in Word ...
Sample Land Contract Agreement - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Training Agreement Contract Sample - 16+ Examples in Word, PDF
11+ Training Contract Samples & Templates - PDF, DOC
11+ Simple Sales Contract Samples & Templates - PDF, DOC
Breach of Employment Contract Sample - 6+ Examples in Word, PDF
Cleaning Contract Template - 9+ Download Documents in PDF
Contract Food Service Sample - 7+ Examples in Word, PDF
Music Agreement Contract Sample - 7+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Contract Summary - 7+ Documents In PDF, Word
Employment Contract - 14+ Download Documents in PDF , DOC
Performance Contract Template - 11+ Download Free Documents in ...
5+ Scholarship Contract Samples & Templates - PDF, DOC
Advertising Contract Template - 17+ Free Samples, Examples, Format
Sample Music Contract Template - 15+ Free Documents in PDF, Word