A lease requires a contract in order for the lessee to have rights on the property being leased. This makes a lease a legal agreement between two parties, namely the owner and the lessee. Every time a payment is made on a lease, the owner should provide a receipt. This is not only because it is a legal transaction, but because it is required by law to provide a receipt, just like having tax receipts for every tax payments made.
These lease receipt templates are helpful for your lease receipt needs. They will make your payment transactions legit and at the same time provide you with a written record of your lessee’s monthly payments.
Lease Payment Receipt Template
What to Add in a Lease Receipt?
- A legit lease receipt should have complete information about the property being leased, like the complete address of the property.
- Lease receipts should also have reference numbers in order to easily track the payment made.
- The period that the payment amount covers should be included so that it will be easy to determine if the lessee missed any payments.
- The amount of money paid as well as what it is paid for should be stated.
- The date that the payment was made should be added too.
- Also, the name of the person who paid the rent should be on the rent receipt, regardless if it is the lessee or not.
- Lastly, both the owner’s and the payee’s signature should be affixed in the receipt. These signatures seals the agreement and will serve as a proof that the owner has received the payment and the payee has made the payment. We also have Contractor Receipts available.
Uses of a Lease Receipt
A copy of the lease receipt should be provided by the owner to the lessee or payee after making a payment personally. This will serve as a proof that the owner has received the payment for the lease. This will also help both parties to keep records of their payment transactions. You can find Sample Receipts in this article.
Lease Deposit Receipt
Lease Security Deposit Receipt
Tips to Make the Best Lease Receipts
You don’t have to make fancy or attention-seeking lease receipts every time a payment is made. You just have to make a receipt that has all the important information laid out on that piece of paper. To make it even easier for you, here are some tips to help you make the best lease receipts.
- Your lease receipt should have the name of your company or the name of the property in lease. This will be an indication that this receipt is for this and that. It will make organizing receipts easy.
- Aside from the basic details that should be included on your lease receipt format, you can also put in a motto, some words of wisdom, or a thought for the day.
- Although thank-you scripts have been used and abused in a lot of stuff, they can still make your lease receipt the best.
- And the most important ingredient to that receipt is not written on paper, but it is that smile and words of thanks while you are making that receipt. Nothing beats customer service that is done professionally.
10+ Temporary Employment Contract Samples
16+ Types of Employment Contracts
21+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
13+ Sample Lease Contracts
10+ Sample Sublease Contracts
10+ Sublease Contract Samples
9+ Investment Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
14+ Investment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Contract Amendment Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
11+ Real Estate For Sale By Owner Contract Template – PDF, Word
8+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
16+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Construction Contract Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
7+ Construction Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download