A lease requires a contract in order for the lessee to have rights on the property being leased. This makes a lease a legal agreement between two parties, namely the owner and the lessee. Every time a payment is made on a lease, the owner should provide a receipt. This is not only because it is a legal transaction, but because it is required by law to provide a receipt, just like having tax receipts for every tax payments made.
These lease receipt templates are helpful for your lease receipt needs. They will make your payment transactions legit and at the same time provide you with a written record of your lessee’s monthly payments.
Lease Payment Receipt Template
What to Add in a Lease Receipt?
- A legit lease receipt should have complete information about the property being leased, like the complete address of the property.
- Lease receipts should also have reference numbers in order to easily track the payment made.
- The period that the payment amount covers should be included so that it will be easy to determine if the lessee missed any payments.
- The amount of money paid as well as what it is paid for should be stated.
- The date that the payment was made should be added too.
- Also, the name of the person who paid the rent should be on the rent receipt, regardless if it is the lessee or not.
- Lastly, both the owner’s and the payee’s signature should be affixed in the receipt. These signatures seals the agreement and will serve as a proof that the owner has received the payment and the payee has made the payment. We also have Contractor Receipts available.
Uses of a Lease Receipt
A copy of the lease receipt should be provided by the owner to the lessee or payee after making a payment personally. This will serve as a proof that the owner has received the payment for the lease. This will also help both parties to keep records of their payment transactions. You can find Sample Receipts in this article.
Lease Deposit Receipt
Lease Security Deposit Receipt
Tips to Make the Best Lease Receipts
You don’t have to make fancy or attention-seeking lease receipts every time a payment is made. You just have to make a receipt that has all the important information laid out on that piece of paper. To make it even easier for you, here are some tips to help you make the best lease receipts.
- Your lease receipt should have the name of your company or the name of the property in lease. This will be an indication that this receipt is for this and that. It will make organizing receipts easy.
- Aside from the basic details that should be included on your lease receipt format, you can also put in a motto, some words of wisdom, or a thought for the day.
- Although thank-you scripts have been used and abused in a lot of stuff, they can still make your lease receipt the best.
- And the most important ingredient to that receipt is not written on paper, but it is that smile and words of thanks while you are making that receipt. Nothing beats customer service that is done professionally.
You can also take a look at our Payment Receipts and House Rent Receipts.
FREE 10+ To Do Lists Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Graphic Design Contract Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Flooring Installation Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Event Planner Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Behavior Contracts in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Pages
FREE 5+ Roof Estimate Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Agreement Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Software Distribution Contract Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Onboarding Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Case Study Release Form Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Witness Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Program Management Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF | MS Excel
FREE 6+ School Advertisement Poster Samples in PSD | AI | Pages | EPS
FREE 10+ Academic Enrichment Policy Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Gym Membership Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word