Do you plan to renovate your house since you have plans on selling it and increasing its value? Or do you want to just improve the current state of your house and switch it up? Whatever your reason for a home renovation project, it is a fun and exciting activity to plan out. If your home renovation requires more than just mere simple construction tasks that you can do on your own and you need help from a construction company to help you renovate your house, to officiate the job after you’ve agreed on the renovation job that you will do, a contract should be made first to clear out all the tasks needed to do and the costs for the whole renovation project. Read the article to know how to make a home renovation contract.
9+ Home Renovation Contract Samples
1. Home Renovation Contract Template
2. Contractor Home Renovation Contract
3. Residential Home Renovation & Remodel Contract
4. Home Renovation & Purchase Contract
5. Home Renovation Contract Document
6. Home Renovation Constrution Contract & Requirements
7. Home Renovation Contractor Contract
8. Home Owner Renovation Contract
9. Sample House Renovation Contract
10. Home Renovation Contract to the Parties
How to Do a Home Renovation on a Budget
1. Refresh Your Home with a New Paint Job
A fresh coat of paint is sure to bring wonders to your home as it changes its entire ambiance without having to tear the walls down.
2. Find Cheaper Alternatives
Contact your local carpenter and have a design for your furniture in mind be quoted first before its actual creation. This is a great way to elevate your home for fraction of the price. You can also opt to purchase second-hand items instead of buying brand-new furniture.
3. Maximize Existing Spaces
Instead of expanding your home, you can free up space by getting rid of things you no longer use and selling them to add to your renovation budget. Moreover, you can add shelves for extra space.
4. Retain Your Existing Furnishings
If it’s not broken then there’s no need to fix it. You can use wallpapers to update looks on the wall and peel-and-stick vinyl floor tiles instead of removing existing floors.
5. Decorate Your Home with Plants
Placing plants elevate the room by making it cozier and also helps to keep it fresh.
Details to Include in a Home Renovation Contract
- Title of the Contract: This must pertain to the home renovation.
- Information of the Parties Involved: This includes the names of the contraction and client along with the necessary information such as addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Timeline: State when the date of work will begin and end. This allows the client to manage expectations on the set timeline.
- Scope of Work: This entails the specific materials, tools and equipment that must be used along with the work that the contractor is set to do.
- Cost of Services: It is the total amount that the project will cost which may have additional costs should extra work or materials be necessary for the completion of the project.
- Downpayment Details: List the down payment that the client should pay concerning the laws in your area.
- Payment Schedule: This refers to the costs due to the client at a specific phase of the project. Define each phase, amount due and stipulations on late payments.
- Other Clauses: Include other relevant clauses to the contract that gives rise to legal obligations.
- Signature Lines: This is where parties sign and date that enforces the contract’s legality.
How much does it cost to completely renovate a house?
The average cost to completely renovate a house is $15,000 – $200,000. Depending on the characteristics of the build, the price can change drastically. The final price tag typically depends on any structural or mechanical repairs, square footage, underlying issues, location, and materials used.
How long does it take to renovate a house?
Smaller whole house remodels will take somewhere around 7 to 10 months to complete from discovery to the end of construction, if all goes well. Larger whole house remodels will typically take around 9 to 15 months; longer if there are issues with city permits or other unforeseen delays.
Once you’re done drafting the agreement, make sure to review it first and check to see if there are any errors or wrong information being input. Discuss it first with your client and reach a mutual agreement with the contents of the contract before signing it. To help you get started making the contract, download our free sample templates above to use as your guide!
FREE 8+ Teacher Agreement Contract Samples in MS Word PDF
FREE 17+ Maintenance Contract Templates in Pages MS Word ...
FREE 13+ Roofing Contract Templates in PDF MS Word | Google ...
FREE 28+ Construction Agreement Forms & Templates in MS Word ...
FREE 9+ Security Guard Contract Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 24+ Sample Construction Contracts in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 8+ Apartment Rental Contract Templates in MS Words Apple ...
FREE 9+ Contract Cancellation Letter Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Lawn Care Contract Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 12+ Roofing Contract Samples in PDF MS Word | Google ...
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Contractor Agreement Templates in ...
FREE 16+ Construction Contract Templates in MS Word Google ...
FREE 10+ Interior Design Scope of Work Samples [ Commercial ...
FREE 9+ Employee Contract Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Sales Contract Samples in PDF MS Word