In every important event, it’s always good to remember and record such an occasion with a certificate. Receiving a certificate signifies that you’ve completed a task or duty and successfully met the requirements. These certificates follow a certain certificate format to bring an organized and formal appearance. For instance, employment certificate template makes an employment certificate professional-looking and creative.
Furthermore, the contents of a certificate help in informing an individual of the important details regarding the activity. If you want to avail our certificate formats, varied types of formats are offered on our website. Browse through our website’s pages for more details.
Merit Award Certificate Sample Template
Sample Academic Excellence Award Certificate Template
Simple Certificate of Excellence Template
Work Certificate of Performance Sample Template
Work Experience Certificate
Certificate for Teaching Experience
Annual Salary Certificate
Employment Salary Certificate
What Is Certificate Format?
A certificate format is an outline being used in creating a certificate. With the help of a format, an individual will have an easier time to arrange one’s design and wordings in the certificate. The proper arrangements of the frames and borders are leveled and aligned well, since the format acts as a guide in producing an organized and neat design.
In completion certificate examples, you will see how the format is applied to the certificates.
How to Fill Out a Certificate?
In filling out a certificate, you should know first what a certificate looks like. You may search for some examples of certificates such as free gift certificates for your reference. After acquainting yourself with the contents of a certificate, you are now ready to fill one out. All you need to do is identify the kind of certificate you are making. This will be the title of your certificate.
Next, gather the vital information to be indicated in your certificates such as the name of recipient, date and time of activity, location, award to be given, and signatures of authorities. Make sure the details you are stating in your certificate are authentic and credible.
Fitness Medical Certificate
Doctor Medical Certificate
Family Income Certificate
Employee Appreciation Certificate
Safety Appreciation Certificate
Certificate for Physical Disability
Disability Medical Certificate
Top 10 Tips to Create a Certificate and Its Uses
- Create your own template: You may create your certificate from scratch. It’s better to make the layout using any editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or even Microsoft Word. Draw the right frames and headers for your certificate using any of your preferred software.
- Proper labeling: After creating your template, put the proper labels on your frames. For instance, you may write the statement “Certificate of Recognition” on the header part of your certificate. It all depends on what kind of certificate you’re making.
- Filling out the contents: Write the important details of your certificate such as the name of the awardee, date, award to be given, and signature.
- Design and style: See to it that the design and style of your template are appropriate to the type of certificate you are making. You may add some borders and logo for your certificate. The color should match the overall theme of your certificate.
- Online certificate templates: If you don’t know how to make your own template, there are hundreds of certificate templates available online. You can simply download and use them directly.
- Word certificate templates: Built-in certificate templates are also offered in Microsoft Word for your convenient use.
- Customize your template: Once you selected a template, you may customize it to your own liking. Tweak a little and apply a touch of your own style.
- Printing: After making your certificate, you may now print it. Choose the right colors and an efficient printer so the expected appearance of your certificate will really turn out amazing.
- Printable award certificates: These certificates are designed for easy printability if you desire to have a printable certificate.
- Certificate jacket: A certificate should have a certificate case or jacket for it to be protected and secured from any damages.
If you’re unsure of the key characteristics of a certificate, you may refer to medical certificate for school to have an idea about it.
Employment Clearance Certificate
Certificate for Employment Verification
Physical Fitness Certificate
Mental Health Certificate
Internship Completion Certificate
Job Experience Certificate
Job Leaving Certificate
What to Write on a Certificate?
The components of a certificate vary depending on its purpose. For instance, in school certificates in PDF, the format of their certificates are focused on academic activities such as graduation, school leave, school merit, school sports, and the like. However, there are components in a certificate that are present in all certificates. If you want to see other formats of certificates, free sample certificates are good references. Here are the elements you should write on a certificate.
- Title of certificate
- Name of recipient
- Date and time
- Name of presenter
- Signature of authorities
Uses of Certificates
A certificate is used to signify one’s completion of an activity or duty. For example, after a student completes his requirements and passes all his grades, he gets a diploma or certificate of graduation as a sign of fulfilling all the necessary academic obligations. Moreover, a certificate acts as a symbol of authenticity.
Without a certificate, it will be hard to determine if an individual truly completed or attended any important activity. This is the reason why prominent companies, agencies, and institutions require a certificate from any individual who wishes to do some necessary engagements with them.
Certificate for Project Completion
Residential Proof Certificate
Teacher Service Certificate
Service Warranty Certificate
Training Course Certificate
College Transfer Certificate
Student Transfer Certificate
Volunteer Work Certificate
Volunteer Appreciation Certificate
Guidelines: Dos and Don’ts of a Certificate
- Do use certificate templates. Templates are beneficial for you to easily make your certificate since all you need to do is follow the outline of the template. You may also use certificate template word as your template. Remember to select the suitable template depending on the type of certificate you’re going to present.
- Do apply your own design and style. Apply your own design and style on the certificate but see to it that it’s still formal and professionally made.
- Do write the proper content. Always review the contents of your certificate for you want to avoid committing errors. Make sure the contents are authentic and credible.
- Do make a formal and organized certificate. No matter what kind of certificate you are making, the appearance of your certificate should exude formality and professionalism.
- Don’t overdo the design. Don’t make your certificate a drawing book. Let the design speak for the occasion. Less is more when designing your certificate.
- Don’t plagiarize: Plagiarism is not only applicable with words but also with designs. It’s okay to use references from other sources but make sure you’re going to customize and make your own style. You only need to be creative and imaginative. Don’t be too stressed out in conceiving a mind-blowing design. A simple and formal design is enough.
FREE 10+ Yoga Certificate Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Certificate of Service Templates in PDF | MS Word | AI | PSD | InDesign
FREE 24+ Certificate of Completion Templates in MS Word | PSD | AI | InDesign
FREE 30+ Printable Sample Certificate Templates in AI | InDesign | MS Word | Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Birthday Gift Certificate Templates in EPS
FREE 16+ Printable Certificate Samples in PDF | MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign | Google Docs
FREE 20+ Printable Certificate Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Company Incorporation Certificate Samples in Google Docs | Pages | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Salon Gift Certificate Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Pet Birth Certificate Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 11+ Wedding Certificate Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 6+ Sample Thank You Certificate Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 17+ Soccer Certificate Templates in PSD | AI | InDesign | MS Word
FREE 16+ Certificate of Excellence Templates in AI | InDesign | MS Word
FREE 26+ Certificate of Authenticity Samples in MS Word | PSD | PDF