Accomplishing our daily activities makes each day more rewarding. This means we exerted effort and self-discipline to complete the task at hand. However, performing one’s activities on the assigned schedule is a challenging one. We need something to follow and guide us through our daily activities.
Fortunately, daily time log sheets have been created to aid in tracking activities for any period of time. Like the daily work log, login/logout procedures are observed by employees to track their ins and outs of the office. This is to bring efficiency to the employees’ punctuality in coming to work. Time logs are truly beneficial for everyday use.
Daily Time Log Sample
Daily Employee Time Log
Daily Activity Time Log
Daily Time Log Sheet
Time Log for Work
Work Time Log
Components of a Time Log Sheet
- Date: The date signifies the particular day, month, and year the time log sheet was used. This is to keep a record of the date the activities were performed.
- Time: This is the most important element in a time log sheet. The list of time is written in an orderly manner to properly assess each activity according to the assigned time.
- Activity: The particular activity to be accomplished is written here. In writing the activity, it’s good to align it with the time it should be achieved. For instance, in a workout log, it is stated that by 8 am, the person shall begin running at the field. The time and activity should go together.
- Purpose: This is where the person indicates the reason behind every activity.
- Effectiveness: This is similar to a rating status. The individual must rate the performance of every activity specifically from high, average, or low rating.
What Is a Time Log?
A sample time log is a tracking document containing periods of time and list of activities to be accomplished.
Employee Time Log
Employee Daily Time Log
Employee Time Log Sheet
Project Time Log
Graduation Project Time Log
Senior Project Time Log
Time Log for Project
What Is a Time Tracking System?
Similar to log sheets, a time tracking system is used as a tracking device to assess the task to be done in a given period of time. The only difference a tracking system has from a time log sample is the suitability of the tracking system to be used in computers and other portable devices. The tracking system is often managed by employers and employees for their daily log-ins and important evaluations of performances.
How to Make a Time Tracking System and What Are Its Benefits
Making a time tracking system from scratch is a complicated task since it’s originally a software. This means software engineers can only come up with a tracking software since programming procedures are needed for the creation. However, you can avail some tracking software and modify it. Here are simple ways to do it.
- Choose a tracking software: Select a tracking software that best suits your needs. You don’t need to find an expensive one. You only need to make sure that the software has the basic components of a tracking system such as date, time, activities, purpose, and the like. However, an expensive software has more features that can aid you more in tracking.
- Modification: Tinker the software depending on the style you want. You may change the format of the template and create a new one. Select new themes or add more spaces for other details.
- Use and monitor: After modifying your tracking system, you may now use it. Don’t forget to constantly monitor the details in your tracking system.
The benefits of a time tracking system are to increase productivity and time management. Productivity level goes up whenever tracking system is used because people can easily monitor the activities they should accomplish in a given time. Also, time management is improved because each period of time is reserved for productive activities.
Time Management Log
Time Management Tracking Log
Activity log Time Management
Time Management Log Sheet
Time Sheet Log
Employee Time Reporting Log
Drive Time Log Sheet
Monthly Time Log
Office Time Log
Community Service Time Log
Driver’s Time Log
Volunteer Time Log
Tips to Make the Best Time Log Sheet
To make the best time log sheet, you may use sample sheets as a guide for your template. However, you can always customize and make a unique log sheet. Below are some tips for you.
- Prepare Materials: Gather materials for your log sheet such as special paper, pens, coloring pens, and other materials you want.
- Outline: Start outlining the format for your log sheet. Draw some lines on the header part and the middle part of the paper. Reserve boxes and spaces to accommodate each period of time, the list of activities, purpose, and effectiveness on the paper.
- Indicate Labels: After creating a template for your log sheet, you may start filling in the boxes and spaces on the paper. Provide the necessary details of every blank space. Don’t forget to indicate the time, list of activities, and purpose of every activity.
Advantages of Time Log Sheet
The advantages of a time log sheet are the organization and efficiency in performing every activity. For instance, whenever a person does overtime, he needs to have an overtime request form and must input the details on the log sheet. Through the log sheet, an individual can easily trace the numbers of overtime and the purpose behind such activity. In this way, the person can evaluate oneself if one is exerting much effort or lacks the drive in accomplishing the tasks.
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel