When you’ve come to read about a statement of purpose, what comes first into your mind? In this article, you will be going to get more knowledge about it so relax and enjoy reading.
The statement of purpose always aims to convince the readers that you have a solid achievement that will eventually contribute to your success in the future. If you are like most of the students, you’re probably left with one of the intimidating part which is writing a statement of purpose. Well, it doesn’t apply to everyone. However, the good news is that you wouldn’t be having a hard time anymore doing it. You just have to make it simple and clear. By that, you will more chance of getting into your dream school.
10+ SOP Statement of Purpose Samples
1. SOP Submission Statement of Purpose
2. SOP Admission Statement of Purpose
3. SOP Statement of Purpose
4. SOP Development Statement of Purpose
5. SOP Statement of Purpose Form
6. Sample SOP Statement of Purpose
7. Academic SOP Statement of Purpose
8. SOP Graduate Statement of Purpose
9. SOP Personal Statement of Purpose
10. SOP Statement of Purpose Assignment
11. SOP Software Statement of Purpose
What is Statement of Purpose?
A statement of purpose is considered to be a personal statement that is essential especially when you opt to enter into a particular school. This tells the committees more about you, your academic interests as well as the professional ones, and the value that you can contribute to the graduate program that you wish to pursue. According to Jared Pierce, “your statement of purpose is where you tell your story about who you are and why you deserve to be a part of the community. It gives the admission committees the chance to get to know you and understand how you’ll add value to the classroom.”
Whether your purpose is to apply for undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate programs, one of the best strategy is to write a powerful statement that is focused all throughout. It should be able to start pointing out on your academic background followed by your professional background. Take note that you have to clearly put a certain connection between your goals and your choice of school.
Steps in Writing the Statement of Purpose
1. You should be able to introduce yourself first – when you are introducing yourself, you should be able to include your interests and motivations also. Tell them what motivates your desire to study in that school. However, do not spend most of the time trying to tell them everything about you.
2. Summarize your career experience – you may include the researches that you have already conducted, your responsibilities, and the outcome. You may also include your work experience that is similar to what you wish to study in your dream school.
3. Discuss the relevance of your current activities – whether you have tried working for a company, non-profit organization, design team, etc., you should indicate what you have been doing and what you have learned.
4. Elaborate your academic interests – indicate what you want to study in your dream school. This would help the faculty to determine if you have understood their scope under their discipline. Indicate your area of interest, conduct a research for some information about the department that you are interested in, and end your statement positively that indicates your readiness for the challenge.
Should you put your name on your statement of purpose?
The traditional statement of purpose will not require you to indicate your name anywhere on the document. It is already a part of the student profile so it will have your complete name and course details by default. However, it depends on the school. There are some that would still require you to indicate your name and course details in the SOP.
What are some of the things that most colleges look for in a statement of purpose?
Mostly, they are trying to look for their writing capability that is being reflected in the SOP. It will also show what aspect that helps you stand out such as your talent, experience and interest. It also encourage you to be familiar with the curriculum of your chosen school.
How long should a statement of purpose be?
The statement of purpose would usually take up to 1 to 2 pages long, consisting of 800 to 1000 words.
Having a well-written statement of purpose is very essential especially when it comes to your admission. There have been a lot of student applications that need to undergo thorough screening and inspections before making a final decision. It is the only document that will help you prove that you have something unique that allows you to stand out from the crowd. Check out some of the statement of purpose samples in the article.
FREE 15+ Standard Operating Procedure Samples
FREE 13+ Operating Statement Samples
FREE 13+ Event Analysis Samples
FREE 11+ Awarding Contract Letter Templates
FREE 10+ Church Financial Report Samples
FREE 10+ Operating Procedures Samples
FREE 10+ Non Profit Financial Statements Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Validation Plan
FREE 7+ Purchasing Agent Job Description Samples
FREE 6+ Bank Reconciliation Worksheet Samples
FREE 44+ Sample Statement Forms
FREE 14+ Chart of Accounts Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Bank Reconciliation
FREE 9+ Sample Statistical Analysis Plan
FREE 9+ Stock Audit Report Samples