What is a statement? In business, a statement refers to a written document that contains the amount a customer is due to pay. A billing statement is an essential aspect in every business in order to get paid for the services and goods rendered. A business statement is also one example of a statement.
A billing statement is also a formal statement useful in every transaction. If you need billing statement examples for your business, we have a selection of them available for you to download. These are available in word and PDF format to help you format your billing statement.
Commercial Billing Statement
Billing Statement for Funeral
Loan Billing Statement
Legal Billing Statement
What Is the Difference between an Invoice and a Statement?
In every business, a statement and an invoice are both essential documents when billing a client or customers. Although both are useful in every transaction, a statement and an invoice have several differences. An invoice is a document used after the goods and services have been delivered to the clients. An invoice serves as a request for payment from the customers and indicates the date that the stated amount is due. Invoices also serve as a record of the transaction done. On the other hand, a statement is also sent to a client but is not a request for payment. The purpose of a statement is to remind the client of the total amount a client owes to the business. It includes the previous and the current balance of the client. Our sample statements can be used as reference when making one.
Elements of a Billing Statement
- Name, address, and contact number of both the business and the client or customer
- The date and the billing statement number
- A breakdown of the goods and services rendered
- The individual price of the goods, the tax charges, and the total amount due
Monthly Billing Statement
Rental Tax Billing Statement
New Billing Statement
Types of Billing
Here are the types of billing commonly used by businesses.
- Prepaid Billing – a prepaid billing is a type of billing commonly used in businesses that are service-based. These include telecommunications services and Internet providers. Before a customer can use these services, they have to pay the business in advance.
- Postpaid Billing – postpaid billing is another type of billing where the customer or client pays for the services on the billing period set by the business.
- Credit and Debit Memos – when a customer pays for the products or service that he or she hasn’t received, a credit memo is issued to the client. A debit memo refers to when a customer owes a certain amount due to over usage.
- Order-Based Billing – an order-based billing refers to a type of bill issued to the customer after he or she places an order.
- Delivery-Based Billing – a delivery-based billing is when a billing statement is sent to the client along with the products to be delivered that he or she ordered. Just like an order-based billing, a delivery-based billing can also be paid partially or in full.
In addition, opening statement templates are also available should you need it.
FREE 10+ Brand Positioning Statement Samples [ Worksheet, Personal, Structure ]
FREE 10+ Student Artist Statement Samples [ Personal, Approval, Originality ]
FREE 10+ Non Profit Financial Statements Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE What Is in an Income Statement? [ With Samples ]
FREE 14+ Employer Statement Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Statement of Work Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Statement of Claim Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Contractor Fringe Benefit Statement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Bank Reconciliation Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 9+ Bank Reconciliation Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 19+ Financial Statement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF | MS Excel | Numbers | Google Sheets
FREE 12+ Scope Statement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Cash Flow Statement Samples and Templates in MS Word | MS Excel | PDF
FREE 11+ Profit and Loss Statement Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
FREE 13+ Income Statement Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word