Most companies monitor the activities of their employees. This is to ensure that employees are doing their responsibilities and obligations in accordance with the job contract. Through time logs, companies have the ability to track down all activities their employees do, specifically the log-ins, log-outs, tardies, and absences.
A time log is not limited to employee tracking. It can also be used as daily activities time log, volunteer time log, project time log, invoice log, creating call log, and more. To see more of these time logs, check our website for more details. We will surely assist you in your time log needs.
Daily Time Log
Daily Work Time Log
Daily Activity Time Log
Daily Log for Time Management
Weekly Time Log
Biweekly Time Log
Weekly Clinical Time Log
What Is a Time Log Template?
A time log template is a guide for creating a time log. It contains the format to be used in organizing a time log. An example of a time log template is a log template PDF.
How to Create a Time Log in Excel?
Creating a time log using Excel is another way of making a time log, other than the common built-in time log software that is used by companies and business enterprises for their employees. To make a time log in Excel, follow the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Excel: Open a new Excel file to start your time log.
- Divide the Frames: Divide the Excel sheets depending on the needed rows and columns for your time log.
- Input Labels: Input the necessary labels and headers in your time log. These are the following labels that should be in your time log:
- Employee Name
- Employee Identification Number
- Start Time
- End Time
- Regular Hours
- Task Performed
- Calculate Formulas: Use formulas in computing the total weekly hours and salary of each employee. In this way, you’ll have an easier time in monitoring and tracking your employees’ activities with their corresponding wages.
Employee Time Log
Employee Time Off Log
Employee Tracking Log
Community Service Time Log
Volunteer Time Log
Time Log for Individual Volunteer
Monthly Volunteer Time Log
Top Productivity Tips for Keeping a Time Log
Having a time log is beneficial in monitoring daily activities. There are different kinds of time log fitting for a specific purpose such as employee time log, volunteer time log, time management activity log, personal time log, and much more. To keep a time log, here are tips you may follow.
- Necessary templates. Using a template makes a time log easier to create and to keep track on. With its built-in format, the data are arranged in a manner that is convenient and manageable. If you look at time log samples, you will see how time log templates are used to bring out an organized appearance to the time log record.
- Up-to-date records. The data on a time log must always be up-to-date. Any individual who uses a time log must continually update the content to ensure a reliable record. An unreliable data will surely produce inaccurate findings on the time log.
- Filling in the right contents. The right contents must be properly filled in on the time log. Input the accurate date, time, task, and other necessary information. Don’t fabricate the contents of the time log, for it will not be able to properly assess and give the accurate result.
- Monitor and track. This is the ultimate purpose of a time log. Tracking and monitoring your time log helps you evaluate the time, activities, and tasks you have accomplished. A time log acts as your guide for you to know the areas in your performance to improve and maintain.
- Review. Don’t forget to review your time log. You may have completed your time log, but that doesn’t guarantee a reliable content. Check the data one by one. Be specific and accurate on your records. You want your time log to have the right data for your reference.
Project Time Log
Time Log of Senior Project
Graduation Project Time Log
Time Management Log
Time Management Activity Log
Project Management Log
What Does a Daily Activity Time Log Show?
A daily activity time log is used to monitor one’s daily activities. It usually shows the following:
- Start time
- Finish time
- Total time spent
The mentioned details are necessary for a daily activity log. Without these details, the time log may give an incomplete information. You may refer to daily log templates in word to see what a daily activity time log appears to be.
Why You Need to Run a Time Log and How to Do It?
Having a time log is beneficial because it helps you track the activities to be performed on a given day. You are able to take note the activity that needs to be prioritized. Furthermore, a time log assists you in accomplishing many tasks on a specific time.
To run a time log, you have to be acquainted with its features. Free sample time log templates have the right template and features of a time log. Observe these templates and make sure the necessary contents are present in your time log. The primary tasks of running a time log are monitoring, tracking, and updating consistently. Be sure to do these tasks on your time log.
Time Tracking Log
Employee Time Tracking Log
Time Tracking Log in Excel
Personal Time Log
Guidelines for Time Log Templates
In securing time log templates, the following are guidelines that are helpful in choosing the suitable template.
- Sample Time Log. There are many sample time logs that are good references in making your time log such as activity log samples and communication log samples. These samples will help you know the details needed for your time log. As for the template, these sample time logs also present varied templates that are suitable for every time log.
- Format. Familiarize the format of the template. See to it that the format is suitable for your time log. You don’t want to choose a format that does not resonate with your time log.
- Purpose of the Time Log. Identify the main usage of your time log. Is it for your daily activities or project timeline? You must know the purpose of your time log. The template will follow once you identify the use of your time log.
To know more about time log templates, our website offers varied types of templates. These templates are suitable for your time log needs. Simply visit our website and select the template of your choice. The templates are all free and downloadable for your convenience.
16+ Sample Event Proposals
17+ Sample Purchase and Sale Agreements
15+ Sample Sponsorship Proposal Templates
19+ Sample Budget Proposal Templates to Download
9+ Budget Proposal Templates – Free Samples , Examples & Format
19+ Sample Memorandum of Understanding Templates to Download
8+ Change Order Templates – Docs, Pages
13+ Change Order Templates – AI, Word
18+ Sample Formal Memorandum Templates
6+ Formal Memorandum Samples
8+ Formal Memo Templates
7+ Sample Professional Memo Templates
13+ Sample Professional Memos
14+ Sample Policy Memos
10+ Policy Memo Samples