What are templates? Templates are ready made documents that includes a detailed and complete set of information about the document it is trying to produce. There are many different kinds of templates being used today because of its usefulness and unparalleled advantages.
One of the many template being used in the present are food order templates. In this article, we will define what a food order template is as well identify it’s uses. We have also provided easy to follow steps on how you can create one and different order template samples that you can use as reference. Feel free to check them all out below.
Sample Food Order Template
Catering Order Template
Free Food Order Form Template
Restaurant Food Order Template
Catering Food Order Template
Cake Order Form Template
Printable Food Order Template
Birthday Cake Order Template
Food Purchase Order Template
Custom Cakes Bakery Order Form Template
Advance Menu Order Form Template
What Is a Food Order Template?
Taking food orders has always been a challenging job as it requires the order taker to be familiar with all the menu that the business offers and they should be quick in writing down the customer’s orders together with all their food preferences or specifications. It’s hard enough to take orders with only one customer doing the ordering, what more if all 10 customers chime in their food orders? It would definitely be a struggle and this is where order errors take place.
Businesses need to come up with an efficient and quick way of taking orders because the more customers they are able to serve the more money the business earns. So to solve this problem and make taking orders a breeze, food order templates are created and used in different food industries. With a food order template, order takers will no longer need to manually write down customer’s orders which significantly minimizes the time it takes to get customer’s orders. This is because the template includes details, like a list of the entire menu that the business offers which comes with check boxes to make taking orders easy and convenient.
Food order templates are used in different types of food businesses, like restaurants, fast food chains, food stalls, food trucks, etc.The items listed in a food order template varies depending on what type of food the business offers. There are also other order templates that you may want to check out, like Cake Order Template, Change Order Templates, and Purchase Order Templates.
What Are Its Uses?
We all know that food order templates are primarily used to take make it easy and convenient to take customer’s orders. That is just one thing that makes it useful. Food order templates have a lot of other uses that makes it more useful and they are as follows:
- Record keeping – Orders that have been written down on food order templates are not thrown away after the orders ave been served. They are kept at the counter or on the customer’s table and used as reference on how much the customer needs to pay upon check out. The template is also kept in the business records as one of the important documents of the business to help them keep track of what types of food they have served and what ingredients and items have been used or consumed.
- Inventory documents – Food order templates are also used during inventories. One of the reasons why records of it are kept and tracked is because it is one of the many papers or documents being looked into as reference during inventories.
- Proof of transaction – A completed food order template indicates that you have already made or placed and order and that you are just waiting for it to be served. That way you won’t be ordering twice and so that the order takes know what food you have ordered.
- Customer and order identification – Most food order templates require the customers name for identification, if not they use the table number if they have one in place. This is how a food business, especially a really busy one, is able identify which customers to serve such food. This is added points for providing excellent customer service.
- Boost sales – You might just be wondering how a food order template can boost sales. With all the records of the food ordered by different customers, businesses can identify a list of commonly ordered food or popular food. With this knowledge at hand, they could prepare more ingredients for the particular dishes so that they would never run out of it, or they could offer promotions for those popular dishes.
Food order templates are not only useful in taking orders, but they also make good tools and references for helping the business do better and earn more. You may also check out other useful articles, like Purchase Order Letter Samples and Templates, Order Receipt Samples & Templates, and Work Order Samples.
How to Create Your Own Food Order Template
Creating a food order templates is very easy. We have here some useful and really simple steps that can help you create your own.
- To create a food order template, you will need a guide or a reference on what you will need to include in it. You can get decent and really useful guides by searching and downloading food order templates of your choice online.
- Using the templates you have downloaded, make a draft or an outline of how you want your food order template to look like and what things you want to include in it. Keep in mind that the contents should be relevant to the type of food business you are running, otherwise the template will no be useful at all.
- When you are done with your draft, proceed with working on your actual working sheet. You can create your working sheet using a computer application or you can have it handwritten. When you have decided, transfer the contents of your draft to your working sheet.
- When you are done with the transfer, check or review your work to see if there are any information you are missing. Make the necessary revisions as you see fit. Also check for any spelling or grammar errors.
- If you are satisfied with your work, save it into the folder of your choice with your desired file name. You can have it printed to as many copies as you need and want.
Be more creative with your order template by checking out other templates for ideas and ways on how you can make taking orders easier and more convenient for both employees and customers. More sample templates, like Sales Order Samples and Sample Construction Work Order Forms can be downloaded on our website and in this article for free.
What Does a Food Order Template Include?
As mentioned, different food businesses include different items on their food order template so what you want to do is to become familiar with those things that are commonly included in it. The following details must be included in your food order template.
- The name or logo of the business on top of the page to easily identify it.
- The business address follows and is written just below the business name or logo. This includes the contact details of the business whether it be their landline number, fax number, cell phone number, email address or website.
- The next fields are dedicated for gathering customer-related details such as the customer’s name, address, and contact details.
- The date when the order was made is also an essential part of a food order template.
- If the order was placed online or made over the phone either for delivery or for an advance reservation, two dates must be filled. One date indicates the date when the order was made and the second date indicates when the order will be picked up or delivered.
- The part that take up a huge space in the template is the part where the food items are listed. This part includes the name of the specific food item, the size ordered, the quantity and any special preparation instructions requested by the customer. There are also templates that put check boxes right beside the list of food items they offer. This makes order taking pretty convenient and quick.
- Some food order templates would include payment terms and conditions, especially for food reservations or orders made in advance before the actual date.
Those are the things that you can commonly find in a food order template. Being familiar with these parts will further your understanding about food order templates as well as help you create detailed and complete food order templates. Other related articles that you can check out are Sample Food Order Forms and Sample Catering Order Forms.
Food Order Distribution List Template
Cafe Food Order Form Template
Simple Food Order Template
Holiday Cake Order Template
Lunch Food Order Form Template
Bakery Cake Order Template
Party Menu Order Template
Advantages of Order Templates
The following are the advantages hat order templates offer:
- Food order templates allow its users to save time, energy and precious brain power, which they can use on more important things that require a lot of their attention. This is because the template already has everything that one needs to quickly and conveniently fulfill customer’s orders.
- With the use of food order templates, you can avoid creating the same template every time you need. You just have to open the ready-made template and have it printed.
- There are many food order templates available online so you definitely won’t have any problems finding one. They are also available in different varieties that are suited for different types of business. This way different users can find exactly what they need that is appropriate for the type of business they will be using it.
- Food order templates are also easy to use as they are editable and printable. There is no need for you to learn a special set of skills to be able to use one. You can make changes in breeze without having to go through tons of steps that could end up in disaster.
- Templates like this are created by professionals or by real businesses who actually use it on their own business as a way of helping those who need help. So you can guarantee that these templates will do you some good.
- The best part about order templates is that you can download them for free. Yes, you read it right. A lot of websites offer these templates for free so you don’t have to worry about shelling any amount. If you ever stumble upon one that is for sale, you can rest assured that it comes with a very small fee that definitely won’t break your budget.
Sample HVAC Invoice Template - 14+ Download Documents in PDF ...
Sample Free Printable Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Printable Order Form Sample - 10+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Blanket Purchase Agreement - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
12+ Order Receipt Samples & Templates - PSD, Word, PDF Format
Sample Blank Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Cupcake Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Free Sample Work Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Purchase Order - 41+ Examples in Word, PDF
Order Receipt Templates - 8 Examples in Word, PDF
T shirt Order Form Sample - 12+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Postal Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Change Order Request Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
19+ Sample Order Letters - PDF, Word, Pages
Sample Change Order Template - 10+ Free Documents in PDF , Word