Before templates were created, the traditional way of taking orders was writing down the exact name of each item that the customer wants. Just imagine a customer ordering a ton of items from the list of items you have and with specific instructions or specifications on how each ordered item should be prepared. This applies to both the food business and other non food businesses.
Luckily, in this age and time we have already found ways to make life and work easier and more convenient for everyone to do. Not to mention that is helps us function efficiently. We now have order templates that help make taking orders a breeze. Here, we will specifically know what a cake order template is and other basic information about it. We have also included useful and downloadable templates that you may check out below.
Cake Order Form Template
Birthday Cake Order Template
Custom Cakes Bakery Order Form Template
Cake Contract and Order Form Template
Decorated Cake Order Form Template
Wedding Cake Order Template
Custom Cake Decorating Order Form & Contract Template
What Is a Cake Order Template?
A cake shop is where you can buy all sorts of cakes and pastries in a variety of flavors. Some say that it is a business for those who have a sweet tooth. But running a cake shop is a tough job. Just as tough as all other shops and businesses we know. It requires the same amount of hard work and dedication as restaurant businesses, bakery businesses, catering businesses ans many more.
Cake shops cater to different customers on a daily basis and they accept different kinds of cake orders from these customers. To ensure that they keep track of the orders placed by every customer, cake shops use a cake order template to record all of the details of the specific order. The template is a ready-made document that contains important details for taking customer’s orders, like the customer’s name, phone number or contact number, the specific type of cake the customer wants, and a short dedication if any.
Cake order templates also allow cake shops to record over the phone orders and reservations from customers. The details of the order are written on the cake order template including the date of reservation and the date when the order will be picked up. Keeping copies of the template helps the cake shop keep track of the cake orders that they receive on a daily basis. They can use this as reference to tell which cakes make the most sale and which ones are the least. This way they can create and effective marketing strategy that will improve their entire cake sales.
Another use of a cake order template is to identify which cake is for which customer. This is because the details or the name of the actual cake that the customer ordered is written on the template so the cake shop employee knows exactly what to give them. Cake order templates are indeed useful and it makes the job easier and more convenient to do. You may also check out other related topics, like Sample Cupcake Order Forms, Cake Order Form Samples, and Cake Order Form Templates.
What Does a Cake Order Template Include?
It is easy to figure out what a cake order template includes. But if you have not seen any or have no idea what it is until now, then you might want to check out the details we have provided below.
- Name or logo of cake shop – Usually situated at the top part of the cake order template, the name or the logo or the logo of the cake shop on the order template allows for easy identification of which shop the cake was ordered. Customers also remember the business logo more than it remembers its name.
- Business address – This refers to the actual address where the business operates. By putting the business address of the cake shop on the order template, customer’s will know where to find the shop as well as determine which branch they must go to to get the cake they ordered.
- Customer’s name – Recording the customer’s name in a cake order template is important because this is one way of determining who made the order and what their orders include. Creating an order template without the customer’s name on it may seem useless because it defeats the purpose of using the templates, which is to make order taking quick and convenient. Things will also get confusing if the customer’s name is not indicated in the order template.
- Customer’s phone number – There will be instances when you need to contact the customer either for follow up or to clear some details regarding their order. For this, you will need their contract details specifically their phone numbers. This allows you to easily contact your customers whenever you need to talk to them about their order.
- Date the order was taken – It is also important for any business to record the date when orders or sales transaction take place. In cake orders, the date helps in determining which customer made the order first so that they will be served first. This way they won’t break their first come first serve order policy of the cake shop actually practices the said policy.
- Name of the employee who took the order – This could be any employee in the cake shop who took the customer’s order. Why is it needed? Before calling the customer for clarification about their orders, the employee who took the order is first asked about it so that they won’t have to trouble to customer at all.
- Date when the order will be picked up – This is how you will know when to prepare the order. This not only includes the actual day and month but the time when the pick up will be should also be recorded in the order template.
- Total amount of the order – This refers to how much the customer needs to pay in total for all of the cakes they ordered, including stuff that they have added to each cake.
- Payment terms and conditions – The order template should also indicate hoe payment is made with the orders made. For example, some shops require a 50 percent down payment for the reserved orders. The modes of payment accepted should also be indicated.
- Order specifications – This includes how the cake will look like, what decorations or designs the customer wants on the cake, what type of cake is ordered, how many layers and many more.
- Others or special notes – If the customer has specific requests or special instructions due to some reasons like health or religion, this is the part where those instructions are written. This helps the shop cater to the exact needs if the customer while at the same time taking care of their special needs.
- Customer’s signature (if applicable) – Most cake order templates require the customer’s signature on it, especially if the order was made in the store for a future reservation. This serves as proof that the customer has given consent to it.
All of the details in the cake order template play an essential part in providing excellent customer service by making sure that customers get exactly what they ordered. To know more about templates and be able to get free samples to download, you may check them out on our website. A few examples you may find useful are Sample Catering Order Forms, Printable Order Form Samples, and Sample Business Order Forms.
Uses of an Order Template?
Order templates in general have a lot of uses. Different businesses make and use their own order templates to help them make sale transactions quick and easy so that customers don’t have to wait too long to get their orders taken. Learning about the uses of an order template allows you to further understand what the tool is really all about. So we have enumerated some of its uses below.
- Taking and recording orders – Order templates are used when taking orders from customers. Examples of business that use this template are restaurants, fast food, bakeshops, coffee and beverage shops or cafe, diners. etc. other shops that does not sell food and drinks like school supply stores use order templates. Listing down the customer’s order makes it possible to prepare for the ordered items without having to ask the customer about what it is.
- Makes order taking quick and convenient – How does an order template do this? One good feature of an order template is that it has this check boxes and a list of the services or items offered by a particular shop on it. This means that the employee taking the order does not need to write things or items in full. They just need to circle, put a check mark or mark the customer’s order. This indeed saves a lot of precious time, most especially in business.
- Keeping track of customer orders – By writing orders on an order template, you are able to produce a record of that transaction. This little piece of document will help you keep track of the orders taken by your cake shop which you can use to prepare enough amount of items for delivery, for pick up and to display in your shop.
- Reference during inventories – Records of order templates are also very useful during inventory. By conducting an inventory using the order template, you will be able to tell whether your business is earning as projected and what things you need to change to make improvements.
- Proof of transaction – Aside from a receipt, the order template is also used as a proof that the specific transaction actually took place. It is easy for some people to claim that they made an order but really did not just to get the things that they want. But if they have proof, you won’t find it troublesome to give them what they want.
- Boost sales – You’re probably wondering if you have read this part right. You can identify the most ordered items by checking those written in the order template. If you know which item is the most popular, you can increase production of that item or find marketing strategies that will make customers want to order more.
There are a whole lot of other things that an order template can be used on and some are specific to the type of business or industry where the template is used. You can also check out different order templates, like Change Order Templates, Purchase Order Templates, and Order Receipt Samples & Templates. They are also available for free download on our website.
Custom Cake Pop Order Template
Current Cake Order Form Template
Bakery Cake Order Template
Layered Cake Order Template
Holiday Cake Order Template
How to Make a Cake Order Template?
There are many cake order templates available for you online. You just need to look for the template that you think is appropriate for your needs. But in case you can’t find one or you really prefer creating your own customized cake order template for your business, then you can use the simple steps below to help you get the task done.
- You will need to prepare the materials that you will need for this project, which includes a cake order template. You will need this template to serve as your guide on what to details or information to put into your cake order template.
- Once you have all the material ready, what you want to do next is to create an outline or a draft of the cake order template you want. You don;t have to be very detailed with this part because what you want to achieve here is how you want your template to look like and what you want to include in it.
- Next is putting the contents of your draft or outline to the actual template document you will be using. You can use any applications or paper for this. Everything is up to you. This time you will need to add all the details, instead of just the format and outline. This includes everything from the lines down to check boxes and all other related stuff.
- After putting everything in place, you will need to review or go over your work. This is to ensure that you have everything you want and need in it. This is also the time when you make revisions.
- Don’t forget to proofread your work. make sure to check if there are any missing details and if there spelling errors. Remember that you will mass produce the template so it is best to ensure that it is free from errors.
- When you are satisfied with your work, go ahead and have it saved and printed.
Once you get the hang of it, you can start creating your own cake order template using the method that you prefer or the steps you are comfortable doing. The steps above only serve as your guide. You can also check out other related topics, such as Purchase Order Letter Samples and Templates and Purchase Order Invoice Samples & Templates.
Tips in Making Good Order Templates
What makes up a good order template? It’s not about being fancy that makes an order template good, but it’s all about how useful it is to the business. So if you want to make a good order template, then you will need to check out these tips to help you create one.
- Use templates as guide. When you want to make a really good order template, you need to use really good resources as well. There are a lot of order templates that you can use as reference to give you an idea on how a good order template should be.
- Provide your contact details. Customers would most likely look ta their order templates if they need to find certain information about the cake shop, like their address or their contract details. Making these information readily available will give your order template another good use.
- Make an easy to read arrangement. Although there are many things that you must include your cake order template, you still must find a way to make the template look presentable, and easy to read and understand. Don’t confuse yourself and your order taker as this may create a problem with your customer’s orders.
- Use simple and familiar words. Don’t make your cake order template sound and look difficult by using difficult and uncommon words. Making it simple but useful should always be your priority to ensure that you get things done right.
- Have check boxes available. Check boxes offers ease and allows the order taker to quickly take orders of customers, thus minimizing the wait time.
- Make details clear. It is very important to take note of the details in the template because it will be used as reference on what to prepare for your customers.
- Provide enough space. So that your cake order template will not look chaotic and bombarded with written stuff, provide enough amount of space to write one. This will reduce confusion in orders taken which will minimize waste in the cakes prepared.
- Take note of specific instructions or special notes. Special instructions mean a lot to customers because it is what they want to have and see on their orders. Disregarding such important information may be taken against you and your business will be labelled as one having bad customer service.
- Be clear about payment terms. You will need to tell your customers upfront about the payment terms that the business follows. This is so that you can get paid accordingly and if the customer backs out, at lease they covered part of the loss.
With these tips, you surely can create a good order template just like a professional. You will be surprised at how good your work is.
We hope that you are able to learn something from this article. If you would like to check out more related topics about other templates, you may drop by our website anytime. Some of the articles that we offer there are Free Sample Work Order Forms and Sample Event Order Forms.
Sample Free Printable Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
12+ Order Receipt Samples & Templates - PSD, Word, PDF Format
Sample HVAC Invoice Template - 14+ Download Documents in PDF ...
Printable Order Form Sample - 10+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Blanket Purchase Agreement - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Cupcake Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
T shirt Order Form Sample - 12+ Examples in Word, PDF
Order Receipt Templates - 8 Examples in Word, PDF
Free Sample Work Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
19+ Sample Order Letters - PDF, Word, Pages
Sample Purchase Order - 41+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Blank Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Change Order Request Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Postal Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Money Order Form - 11+ Examples in Word, PDF