A daily log is a time managing form that allows you to catalog and take notes of the time you or others, during a certain event, begin or arrive and when it ends or what time they leave. You may be asking, “What are some Daily Log Uses?” Well, to answer that, we would need to continue reading this article so as to be familiar and possibly capable of creating our own daily logs.
Now, Creating a Daily Log is not as complex as you think it to be. To be exact, it is one of the easiest document to create. As you continue reading this article, please feel free to browse through our extensive collections of forms and templates.
Sample Activity Daily Log
Physical Activity Log
Employee Activity Log
Activity Log Sample
Construction Work Log
Construction Daily Report Log
What Is a Daily Learning Log?
A daily learning log is a type of logging system that would allow you to manage what you aim to learn and when you actually learned or mastered a lesson. This can help keep track of your progress in learning a new thing. For example:
- You set up a time and date where you will begin practicing how to play the piano. You will list the date you started and the time, then you list the frequencies or intervals of time you want to practice daily.
- As you progress in learning, you will also write down the things you learned about the piano, be it the tune, the keys, the types of notes, etc.
- As you continue your progress, you can keep track of how well you are progressing, and when it comes to the human mind, we are more likely to progress even more provided that we have a list of achievements done by the us. It is a common occurrence in the human psychology that would motivate us to perform even better knowing that we have multiple past accomplishments.
A daily learning log is basically a research log as well, in the sense that it keeps track of our experiences and learnings of a certain activity or event or even an object. Now, you may notice that the word research log was used to compare the daily learning log. It is done so because researching and learning are always linked. So if you are curious as to what a research log is, feel free to check out our Research Log Templates. And while you are at it, feel free to use them however you want.
Sample Maintenance Daily Log
Hotel Maintenance Log
Daily Equipment Maintenance Log
Daily Pool Maintenance Log
Daily Driver Log
Truck Driver Trip Log
Driver Log Sheet
Sample Daily Driver’s Log
Differences between Daily Plan and Daily Log
If you are like most people, you would see that a daily plan and a daily log is interchangeably similar, however, they are completely different. Now, as you will notice, there are several Daily Log Templates already here. You may ask, “How are they different?” That would be a good question. They are different because of their primary functions and uses. Listed below will be some differences between the two:
- Primary Functions – In the case of the daily log, the primary function of this log would be to monitor your progress as it is happening, while a daily plan is used to keep a schedule of your activity, which is usually planned in advance.
- Uses – A daily log can be used for cataloging any event or activity that would happen in the course of a day. While a daily plan would only allow for the time management of activities planned in advance—in short, a time schedule.
- Time Management or Scheduling – As stated above, a daily log can allow for changes in the schedule, while a daily plan is a fixed schedule that is not flexible.
- Format – A daily log has a simple format that allows for the addition of extra activities, compared to a daily plan that is fixed and can no longer be redone or changed.
Although not all of the differences are written down, you should have a general idea on the differences between a daily plan and a daily log.
Sample Daily Exercise Log
Daily Exercise and Diet Log
Daily Exercise Activity Log
Sample Daily Exercise Log
Daily Log Sheet
Swimming Pool Log Sheet
Maintenance Log Sheet
Vehicle Log Sheet
Daily Work Log
Printable Daily Work Log
Best Daily Work Log
Employee Daily Log
Employee Weekly Productivity Log
Employee Task Log
Employee Activity Log
What Is the Purpose of a Daily Log?
The purpose of a daily log is to keep track of the events that would occur during individuals or even a company’s daily activities. A Log Template is an important tool that would allow for the proper bookkeeping of a person’s activities. In terms of an individual using a daily log, it would be to catalog and study what their daily habits would be so as to manage their time for the next day. While as a company, a daily log can be used for a number of purposes such as:
- Materials – A daily log can be used to keep track of materials being transferred from or to the company. It is a useful way to monitor the number of materials being transferred as well.
- Employees – It can keep track of an employee’s log-in and log-out time from work, or a number of times the employee had to leave the premises.
- Vehicles – It can also keep track of the number of vehicles entering and leaving the company and determine how many belong to the employees and how many are transporting materials.
Sample Patient Daily Log
Patient Daily Care Log
Security Daily Log
School Daily Log
Daily School Counselor Log
Daily School Bus Log
Daily Cleaning Log
Daily Restroom Cleaning Log
Office Cleaning Log
Daily Pool Cleaning Log
Guidelines in Making a Daily Log
Now, making a daily log can be simple, depending on what kind of log you want to use. Let’s say you are using a daily action log. If you would refer to the Action Log Templates available on this site, it can be seen that there is a general similarity between each log, namely:
- They all are in a table format.
- They are used as a means of keeping track of activities and events.
- They can be useful as a means of reference.
Now, if you want to make your own log, just keep in mind to add the following:
- Time in
- Time out
Are you excited and ready to make your own log? Download our samples for free. They can be easily edited to meet your specifications.
FREE 27+ Isometric Papers in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Journal Article Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Functional Requirement Document Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 27+ Sample Speech in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Research Reports in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Article Writing Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 37+ Sample Report Writing Format Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Classroom Sign Out Sheet Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Business Profile Samples in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Football Score Sheet Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Delivery Note Templates in MS Word | Numbers | Pages | Excel | PDF
FREE 38+ Research Papers in PDF
FREE 9+ Visitors Log Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Chart of Accounts Templates in MS Word | Excel | PDF
FREE 11+ Payslip Templates in Pages | PDF | MS Word