The things you do at work might seem like a routine but there would always be that one particular day that breaks the same thing you do. It is when an incident happens and things aren’t just like the other day anymore. For days like these, we have what we call a daily incident report.
Blank Incident Report Template
Workplace Incident Report Template
Security Incident Report Template
Incident reports are formal and legal documents that are important for record keeping, evidence, and investigation of the event. This could be a basis for termination, disciplinary action, or workplace environment improvement. For an IT incident report, it would contain whatever disruptions happened that interrupted the system.
Simple Construction Incident Report Template
School Incident Report Template
IT Incident Report Template
Printable Employee Incident Report Template
General Incident Report Template
Behaviour Incident Report Template
Fall Incident Report Template
After Action Incident Report Template
What Is Included in an Incident Report?
Whether you are writing incident reports in PDF or filling out a handwritten one, the report should contain the date, time, and exact location of the incident, including the witnesses or the people present in the area when the incident happened. When writing their names, use complete names.
The report should include a detailed description of what happened from the beginning to the actions committed after the incident. Describe what caused and aroused the incident, as well as the details from the brief interviews with the witnesses together with their contact information. In addition, the signature of the supervisor is also included.
What Points Should We Keep in Mind When Documenting an Incident Report?
The following are things you should remember when writing an incident report no matter what incident report formats you are using:
- Do not forget the date, time, location, and witness information.
- Write the incident report in the way it really happened. Do not exaggerate or omit any information.
- Do not forget to state your presence, why you were present during the time of the incident, and what your relationship with the involved people are.
- Use direct quotations or verbatim when writing the responses of the interviewed witness or the things that were said at the time of the incident.
Basic Fundamentals for Writing an Incident Report
- Information accuracy. The reports written should be as accurate as possible because a little misinformation could mislead the investigation. The incident should be described thoroughly in the report even if you think how insignificant it was; it might be helpful in the investigation later on.
- Report completeness. In every incident report examples, you can observe that the descriptions of the incidents were done with a beginning, middle, and end. Even the events that followed after the main incident should also be noted and included in this section.
- Factual and objectiveness. The incidents written should be based on facts and should be written in an unbiased manner. You should describe the incident as what it was and not what you think happened. An omission of a particular part of the incident should not be done, as well as exaggerating observed actions. This is a strict policy in health care professions, like fall incident reports.
- Present clearly and in an organized manner. Do not jump from one scene to another. When writing your incident report, start from the very beginning to the end.
10+ Sample Security Incident Reports – PDF, Word, Pages
12+ Sample Performance Reports
14+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Sample Marketing Reports
25+ Sample Project Reports
14+ Sample Status Reports
21+ Sample Project Report Formats
29+ Sample Project Reports
30+ Sample Business Reports – PDF, Word, Docs
21+ Business Report Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Docs
16+ Sample Service Reports
9+ Sample Survey Reports
13+ Sample Financial Reports – Word, Apple Pages
13+ Sample Accident Incident Reports – Docs, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Management Reports