Construction forms, hardware stores, retail stores, spa centers, hair salons—almost all types of businesses can benefit from attracting the attention of potential customers. You can achieve this by providing them a well-structured and comprehensive list of the type of products or services that their companies provide, as well as its concurrent prices, and discounts (if there are any).
Whether you are a manager of a construction firm, a retail supervisor, or any type of business owner, you need to create a quotation proposal which can attract potential buyers and customers and move them to avail your products and/or services. To help guide you in the creation of your quotation proposal, we are providing you with easily downloadable Sample Quotation Forms. These templates are very easy to edit and these are available in both PDF and Word formats thus making it easier to store on and access your devices. Scroll down below to view our helpful templates!
Basic Quotation Template
Sample Advertising Agency Quotation
Sample Quotation Template
Editable Price Quotation Template
Printable Sales Quotation Template
Simple Service Quotation Template
Simple Quotation Template
Business Quotation Format
Sample Price Quotation,
Photographic Service Quotation
Computer Price Quotation
Sample Quotation Order Form
Block Quotation Examples
Sample Quotation Template
Sample Construction Quotation
Quotation for Construction of Civil Works
Construction Services Quotation
Sample Hotel Quotation
Request for Hotel Quotation
Hotel Accommodation Quotation
Sample Job Quotation
Job Order Quotation
Job Work Quotation
Sample Material Quotation
Material Quotation Request
Material Supply Quotation
What Are Quotations?
Quotations are otherwise known as quotation proposals. Quotation proposals are documents which contain the estimation of prices of particular products, materials, or services which a business is offering to a certain potential customer. The submission of a sales quotation by a company or supplier to a potential customer would provide the companies an avenue to discuss with potential customers or buyers regarding the types of materials that they can use, the delivery specifics, and other necessary aspects of a business transaction.
A quotation proposal, therefore, can encourage the potential customer’s willingness to buy or avail the products or services of a business because they are given the chance to negotiate the price of the products/services, the quantity, the quality of the products, the terms of payment, delivery specifics, and other negotiable aspects of a business transaction.
Who Can Prepare a Quotation?
Most of the time, a quotation is prepared by a business owner, a sales officer, or a business associate. The person preparing a quotation must have the following qualifications:
- He/she must be familiar with all the services and products being offered by the company and for which he/she is preparing the quotation.
- He/she must be well-informed of the price fluctuations of their products and services.
- He/she must be capable of conducting research regarding the prices offered by competitors for the same products or services.
- He/she must be able to adjust the prices in the quotation proposal in a way that the business can still gain profit while maintaining it at a level that is still affordable for the potential customers to actually decide to agree to such prices.
- He/she must have good interpersonal skills in dealing with potential customers/buyers, suppliers, and other bidders.
- He/she must be keen in knowing the latest bidding events which his/her company can take a part of.
There is still a variety of attributes or skills which a person preparing a quotation must possess. However, the ones mentioned above are the most crucial or important ones.
What Are the Essential Elements of a Quotation?
The following are the essential elements of a quotation:
- The word “Quotation” as the heading or title of the quotation document
- The name of the business
- The address and contact information of the business or company making the quotation
- The staff of the company in charge of addressing inquiries regarding the quotation, price negotiations, and other pertinent concerns
- The name of the potential buyer or customer
- A column for the name of the items of products or services
- A column for the specific price per unit of each item
- A column for discounts if an item is bought in bulk (this is not applicable in all cases)
- The terms of payment
- The terms of warranty or the warranty clause
- The date and time when the contents or prices stated in the quotation are still valid
When Are Quotations Used?
Quotations are used in many business circumstances. The following are examples of it:
- Quotations are used when there is an official bidding event which necessarily obligates the bidding companies to bring a quotation proposal during the bidding event or process.
- Quotations are used when businesses are companies voluntarily submits their quotation without an invitation to do so.
- Quotations are used when businesses or companies are asked or invited by a bidding committee or by a potential buyer to submit a quotation proposal.
Do you want a more generic layout for quotation proposals? You can check out our collection of Sample Standard Quotations which contain standard templates for quotation proposals. You may access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Sample Sales Quotation
Sales Order Quotation
Sales Quotation Specialist
Sample Service Quotation
Cleaning Service Quotation
Office Cleaning Quotation
Sample Vehicle Quotation
Commercial Vehicle Quotation
Vehicle Rent Quotation
Sample Website Quotation
Website Proposal Quotation
Website Design Quotation
Sample Catering Quotation
Food Catering Quotation
Catering Services Quotation
What Are the Benefits of Using Quotations
There are several benefits of using quotation proposals and some of the most notable benefits are the following:
- It attracts potential buyers at a bidding event.
Large projects such as the construction of establishments and buildings are the most typical reasons for the creation of a quotation proposal. This is due to the fact that projects entail a massive amount of purchasing or availing of various services. Usually, potential buyers want to acquire the cheapest items without compromising the quality of the products/services. It is for this reason that a bidding is held in order for them to assess which potential supplier can best provide them with their needs.
Upon bidding, the potential suppliers would provide the potential buyer with a quotation proposal or a sales quotation. A potential supplier’s chances of getting chosen would be increased if he/she would make his/her price offers affordable.
- It gives customers the chance to negotiate the prices of the products or services.
A quotation proposal is not final, It allows potential buyers to haggle down the price. Since a quotation proposal does not give rise to the legally binding sales contract, a potential supplier may choose to acquiesce to the potential buyer’s price preferences. Also, potential suppliers would have enough time to consider buying from other distributors in order to avail of cheaper products which can be sold at a price which the potential buyer agrees to. In this way, both the potential supplier and potential customer would be satisfied.
- It allows customers to ask for adjustments regarding the specifics of purchasing, such as time of delivery, the mode of payment, and etc.
Another benefit of sending a quotation proposal is the fact that the customers have more options when it comes to the specific materials that can be used for the project as well as the terms of payment and mode of delivery that they prefer. In this manner, therefore, a sales quotation serves as the pre-sales contract negotiations.
- It allows the business owners or business analysts to analyze the customer-buying trends.
The best way to gauge the capacities of existing and potential customers to purchase a particular product is through the quotation proposals. It can be assessed with the level of willingness the customers portray in purchasing a product or availing a service with little to no haggling of its price/s. It is important for businesses to invest in products or services which are still relevant to the needs of the market. Otherwise, when a business is still offering massive amounts of items which are no longer useful or relevant, surely, such business would suffer a certain amount of financial loss.
Aside from the quotation templates on this page, you can also check out our collection of Price Quotation Samples. This collection contains templates that are available for download. You may access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Sample Work Quotation
Civil Work Quotation
Work Order Quotation
Sample Quotation Letter
Price Quotation Letter
Quotation Cover Letter
Sample Quotation Format
Quotation Invitation Format
Quotation Letter Format
Sample Building Quotation
Team Building Quotation
Inspirational Team Work Quotation
Various Types of Quotations
Quotation proposals can have various forms depending on the type of services or products which it is advertising. Also, the nature of the business and the project to which such proposal is made for play a crucial role in the preparation of quotation proposal. On this page are examples of commonly prepared quotation proposals. Feel free to download our quotation templates.
Service quotations are used by companies or business which offer services to their customers. Services can vary from plumbing and car repair, to the construction of buildings. The most prominent aspect of service quotations which differs from that of the standard quotation is that it provides the types of services instead of products which can be purchased.
Furthermore, a service quotation is more intricate compared to other types of quotation proposals since business associates or sales associates must prepare it in such a way that the products (if any) which are used in the performance of services can suit the potential customers’ preference of the products and equipment to be used. For example, if your company is offering car repair services and your client’s car requires that you replace a car part with a new one. In such a case, you can give your client the option regarding the car part’s quality.
Oftentimes, high-quality materials equate to more expensive or higher prices. That’s why, in service quotations, you have to provide a list containing the options which your client can choose from regarding the tools or materials to be used during the performance of the service.
Companies or Businesses That Can Use Service Quotations
The following are examples of businesses that can use service quotations:
- Spa Centers
- Wellness Centers
- Skin Care Centers
- Hair Salons
- Construction or Building Firms
- Interior Design Firms
- Architecture Firms
- Engineering Firms
- Car Repair or Automobile Repair Centers
- Recruitment Agencies
- Marketing Agencies
- Advertising Firms
- Landscaping Firms
- Shirt Printing Businesses
- Photography Businesses
- Plumbing Businesses
- Maintenance Businesses
- Medical Testing Centers
- Nail Care Centers
If you want to learn more about the various sub-types of service quotations, feel free to check out our collection of Service Quotation Samples. They contain easily downloadable templates. The said templates are designed in such a way that it can cater to various types of service-providing businesses or companies. You may access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Sample Cleaning Quotation
Cleaning Contractors Quotation
Cleaning Services Quotation
Sample Software Quotation
Software Project Quotation
Sample Tender Quotation
Tender Price Quotation
Tender Quotation Letter
Sample Training Quotation
Training Quotation Request Sample
Training Course Quotation
Sample Bid Quotation
Verbal Bid Quotation Form
Standard Bid Quotation
A construction quotation proposal is a specific type of quotation proposal that is used by a business that sells construction materials. This quotation consists of an itemized list of the construction materials needed for a specific construction project as well as their corresponding price estimates.
Importance of Quotation Proposals
Construction quotation proposals are crucial to the construction industry. Building specific establishments necessarily requires a lot of construction materials in order for the said establishment to take form. Due to the immense number of materials needed in construction projects, most builders or construction managers require hardware stores or any construction materials suppliers to prepare construction quotation proposals.
Afterward, when all the potential suppliers have prepared their construction quotations, the bidding process begins. During the bidding process, several bidders submit their quotations, after which the potential buyers would make suggestions pertaining the type of materials they want, quantity, brands, and the specific prices that they prefer. Normally, potential buyers seek the most affordable and least expensive price quotations. That is why, at the bidding stage, the potential supplier may choose to adjust the prices in his/her construction quotation. In this case, a potential supplier can have a wider chance of getting chosen as the construction materials provider for a specific project.
A quotation letter is also known as quotation invitation. This letter is usually sent by a potential customer or buyer that wants to purchase large amounts of materials or avail services from a company repeatedly. When creating a quotation letter, make sure you observe the following guidelines:
- Follow the standard format and layout of official or professional letters.
- Observe rules on proper letter heading and formal greetings.
- Before mentioning anything else, immediately state the need that prodded you to seek particular products or services. For example, you can indicate that it is your dream to hold a bachelorette party in a spa center and that you require a full-day of pampering services for you and your guests.
- Indicate the items of product or services which you want to be priced.
- Ask for discounts by indicating the number of times you want to avail the product or service.
- Provide your contact information.
- Close your letter formally.
Now that you know the basics, go ahead and create your quotation proposal now! For more references, check out our Price Quotation Letter Samples. Simply click on the link provided.
10+ Quotation Samples for Construction
8 Product Quotation Samples & Templates
9+ Catering Quotation Samples
Inquiry about Last Quotation
12 Price Quotation Samples & Templates
5 Sales Quotation Samples & Templates
12 Sales Quotation Samples & Templates
6 Invoice Quotation Samples & Templates
7 Formal Quotation Samples & Templates
6 Contractor Quotation Samples & Templates
7 Cleaning Quotation Samples & Templates
5 Builder Quotation Samples & Templates
10 Project Quotation Samples & Templates
7 Repair Quotation Samples & Templates
39 Quotation Formats & Samples