Businesses would find it easier to start business relationships with their clients and customers if they initiate contact first. One of the most effective ways of reaching out to potential customers is through the sending of a quotation.
If you are a business owner or a manager, you can find in this article a wealth of information that can guide you in creating a quotation proposal samples. Our templates on this page are very helpful as these can give you ideas about quotation format and content. Scroll down below and download the templates that you deem suitable to your needs!
Formal Quotation Template
Creative Agency Quotation Sample
Advertising Agency Quotation Sample
Event Planner Quotation
Quotation Proposal Template
Cleaning Quotation Template
Window Cleaning Quotation Template
Computer Price Quotation
Revised Price Quote
Quotation for Desktop Computer
Blank Computer Purchase Quote
What Is a Quotation?
A quotation is a document sent by a business to its potential customers and clients. A quotation contains a list of all the business offerings. This includes the names of products or services offered, its prices, discounts, and other pertinent information that may influence a sale or business transaction.
This quotation is useful not only for those businesses selling products but also to businesses that are providing services to their clients.
How to Write a Request for Quotation
More often than not, a quotation proposal is only created in response to a formal request for a quotation made by a prospective client or buyer. A formal request for a quotation is usually done through a formal request for quotation letter.
If you are planning to send a request for a quotation, then you will find it easier to write if you refer to our sample quotation letters on this page.
Moreover, below can provide you with a brief outline of how a formal request for quotation letter should be written:
- Start by writing the heading and the formal greeting.
- In your letter’s body, make sure that you briefly introduce yourself or your organization.
- After the short introduction, present a comprehensible description of the project that you are currently seeking materials or services for.
- Then you may enumerate the specific products or services that you want to be priced by the business.
- Lastly, don’t forget to provide your contact information so that the business can send you a quotation immediately.
Refer to our quotation samples in PDF to know more about quotation letters.
Quotation for Computer Sales
Price Quotation Letter
Quotation Approval Letter
Small Business Quote
Quotation for Business Proposal
Tips for Writing a Good Business Quotation
Below are some helpful guidelines you can observe in writing a good quotation proposal:
- Don’t forget to label your quotation proposal.
- A quotation must have the basic information of the business preparing it. Otherwise, it would be difficult for prospective buyers to differentiate your quotation from the ones prepared by other businesses. Hence you must write your company’s name, address, and contact information.
- You have the option to write a statement addressing your customer personally.
- Then make a list of the items that your potential customer may be looking for. Indicate the price per item. You can also specify the discounts, the delivery method, and payment method.
- Don’t forget to specify the duration when the prices indicated in your quotation are still applicable. This is important so that you won’t lose profits by following the prices in your offferings despite the pricing increase of those items due to economic inflation and other causes for price fluctuations.
- Lastly, it is worth remembering that your quotation is still a part of your company’s branding. That is why, you have to ensure that the colors that you use for your company’s letterhead on the quotation is similar to the theme used in all of your company’s branding documents, advertisements, social media posts, and flyers.
Looking for more ideas on how to create price quotations? Use our templates on this page. You can also check our service quotation samples if you are planning to offer services to your customers instead of products.
House Construction Quote
Quotation for Construction Work
Construction Materials Quote
Job Description Quotation
Vehicle Purchase Quote
Vehicle Repair Quotation
Computer Repair Quote
Advantages of Quotations
Sending a quotation to your potential customers is immensely beneficial to your company for the following reasons:
- A quotation allows customers the chance to gauge their buying capabilities. It helps them become more realistic when it comes to finalizing their list of items to procure from the list offered by the business in a quotation.
- A quotation creates a win-win situation between buyers and sellers. This is so because the pricings indicated in a quotation are not final hence, the customers can negotiate these prices as well as the other terms indicated in the quotation. In the same way, a business can have the time to assess whether or not they can afford to allow such price adjustments asked for by their potential customers.
Disadvantages of Quotations
There also disadvantages in using quotations and those are:
- It is an impersonal way of dealing with a customer. Sometimes it is far easier to convince a customer to purchase products from your company if the sales agent or clerk has a charismatic and persuasive character. This is something that cannot be achieved by a mere quotation since a quotation is in written form. It is bereft of emotional components.
- The pricings indicated in a quotation can expire since there is no assurance that a certain product or service would remain to be profitable after a few weeks if offered in the same pricing as weeks before.
Software Project Quote
Software Price Quotation
Vehicle Tender Quote Notice
Quotation for Cleaning Service
Service Contract Quote
Quotation of Hiring Commercial Vehicle
Vehicle Quotation Request
Additional Guidelines in Using Quotation Templates
To ensure that your quotation is a comprehensive and effective one that can drive customers to flock to your business, here are some additional guidelines for you to follow:
- Check the Internet for templates of quotations that are specific to your line of business. For instance, if you are a Web developer, you can look for website quotation sample templates.
- Download these templates.
- Use it as a framework for your quotation.
- Extend your company’s branding to your quotation as this helps create an imposing and professional identity to your quotation document.
- When you are done writing it, proofread it first and check the pricings you are indicating whether or not these can still garner profits for your business.
See also our purchase quotation samples.
FREE 11+ Construction Quotations in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 14+ Quotation Samples for Construction in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Quotation Proposal Samples in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 13+ Website Quotation Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Proposal Quotation Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 33+ Quotation Formats & Samples in PDF
FREE 45+ Quotation Samples in PDF
FREE 13+ Sales Quotation Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 16+ Price Quotation Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sales Quotations Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Business Quotation Samples in PDF
FREE 9+ Service Quotation Samples in PDF
FREE Ideas about Quotation Format [ With Samples ]
FREE How to Create a Quotation Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages
FREE 6+ Audit Quotations in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | Numbers | MS Word