A training plan is a detailed and organized list of actions formulated to improve the performances of the members of an organization. The creation of an effective training plan is filled with complexities. This is so because there are systematized steps to be followed in order to determine a specific training objective, which, in turn, serves as the basis for the formulation of all the segments of a training plan.
If you are an employer or a head of an organization, you must be equipped with the knowledge of how to create a training plan for your employees, staff, or subordinates. To help guide you, our templates on this page can provide you with the proper method of creating a training plan.
Restaurant Staff Training Plan Template
Training Development Plan
Training Education Plan
Sample Training Plan
Training Plans: Relevance in the Workplace
The workplace, just like all types of organizations, is driven with one singular goal or motive that interconnects all its sub-goals or plans. Hence, it is of great importance that each employee is functioning to the utmost of his/her capabilities. This can be done through the proper implementation of a well-researched and effective employee training plan.
Steps to Do before Creating an Employee Training Plan
Employee training plans are one of the most commonly created trainings due to the fact that businesses and companies (unlike other organizations) are profit-driven.
Here are some steps that you must take prior to the formulation of an actual training plan:
- Training needs analysis. This is the primary step of any training plan. You need to determine first which aspect of your employees need training. You may do this through any of the following:
- a survey
- employee interviews
- performance appraisals
- Goals alignment. After the TNA, you need to check whether or not the goals of your employees are aligned to that of the company’s.
When you have conducted your training, you need to remain vigilant in examining more areas for improvement. One way to do this is by letting your employees answer a training feedback form.
Employee Training Plan
The Significant Steps in Creating an Effective Employee Training Plan
Depending on the size of the company as well as the complexity of their employee’s needs, the process of creating a training plan can be a long and convoluted process.
The following are the most basic steps in creating an effective employee training plan:
- Identify the key problems or the areas that need improvement.
- Examine which problems are recurrent among most of your employees.
- Create a solution statement to counter the problem. For example, if the problem has something to do with lack of communication, you may counter this with the solution of teaching your employees effective strategies in communication for each specific work situation.
- After a main solution, branch out from this with a list of actions or steps to address each key aspect of the solution.
- In creating the action plan, brainstorm properly on how to effectively target these mini objectives. You may opt to do any of the following:
- one-on-one training to be done by immediate senior or supervisor
- team activities
- Whatever action you choose, you need to allot a specific amount of time per action or activity.
13+ Change Management Plan Templates
11+ Change Management Plan Samples
12+ Sample Change Management Plan Templates – PDF, Word
16+ Boutique Business Plan Template – PDF, Word
13+ Sample Restaurant Business Plan
27+ Sample Sales Plan Templates – PDF, Word
32+ Sales Plan Templates
14+ Salon Business Plan Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Performance Development Plan Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Development Plan Samples & Templates – PDF, Docs
10+ Sample Performance Plans
10+ Sample Catering Business Plans
11+ Sample Photography Business Plans
10+ Sample Photography Business Plans
21+ Sample Strategic Plans