Ever had to keep track of your daily activities? Ever need a means of keeping track of your employee’s work schedule? A daily log can be used for that purpose. It is a means of keeping track of activities and the amount of time you spend on each action you wish to log. Let’s say you’re driving your car and you want to keep track of your mileage, then you would need a mileage log to monitor the distance you have traveled each day.
There are certain log sheet elements you must take note of when making a log. Firstly, the purpose of the log should be specified clearly and visibly, and everything that must be listed down for the log must be listed down—time, frequency, and objects of interest.
Construction Daily Logs
Daily Log for Construction Site
Construction Manager Daily Log
Daily Work Logs
Daily Work Activity Log
Employee Work Log
What Is a Daily Log?
A daily log is a tool used as a means of monitoring the daily habits of either your employees, families, friends, roommates, or even yourself. This is done by requiring the individuals involved in the log to list down all of their activities and the time they are starting and ending the said activity. This will allow you to figure out the normal habits of the individuals involved and may even help you develop a plan that involves them managing their time schedules. Logs are also a great way to manage someone’s time and frequency of entering an area. These logs are typically called visitor logs. You can search for some visitors log template if you plan on using one.
How to Write a Daily Log?
As you may see from the numerous log templates in this article, a log can be useful for almost any situation and is a good means of keeping track of personnel in work areas. Writing a daily log is quite simple, you just have to do the following:
- Depending on the design of the daily log you wish to create, make a letterhead first where you will write the purpose of the log, the name of the log, and even some quotes pertaining to the log.
- Create a large table consisting of time in, workload, lunchtime, workload, and time out.
Daily Activity Logs
Daily Sales Activity Log
Daily Physical Activity Log
Daily Food Logs
Printable Food Log
Daily Food Intake Log
Daily Behavior Logs
Student Behavior Log
Daily Reading Logs
Daily Home Reading Log
Reading Response Log
5 Benefits of Keeping a Daily Log
- The primary benefit of keeping a daily log is that it simply keeps you focused on your objectives and goals due to its simple and adjustable format. The best example for this would be when a person is on a diet and needs a way to keep track of their daily intake and their daily exercise routines. Having a log in this situation would allow them to stay focused on their goals.
- It can help you identify certain patterns and habits that you will likely do in the course of the day. Having a note of your daily habits will make you adjust your habits according to whatever goal you may have set for yourself.
- It makes you want to set goals in your life, goals like becoming a better person by following a certain regimen or schedule.
- It helps you keep track of your time by making you aware of the amount of time you usually spend in doing a certain task. This log, however, is more commonly called a time log. If you want to know what a time log looks like, then search for some time log templates as a reference.
- Believe it or not, there are health benefits to using a log as well. It can help you keep track of your medication intake, your blood pressure, the status of your blood sugar, and your recovery period. The exact format for some of these medical logs such as a blood sugar log, a blood sugar log template is required.
Daily Time Logs
Daily Activity Time Log
Daily Work Time Log
Daily Job Logs
Blank Job Log
Daily Job Control Log
Daily Medication Logs
Personal Medication Log
Student Daily Medication Log
Daily Sales Log
Printable Sales Log
Project Daily Logs
Senior Project Daily Log
Project Manager Log
Daily Event Log
What Is the Purpose of a Daily Log?
A daily log can be used as a means of monitoring the habits of an individual. Another reason why so many people are still using logs is to keep a written account of all the activities that happened on that day. But the majority of the reason lies in the psychological effects of making a log. You see, a log is more than just something people write on, it has some effects on the person’s mind seeing the log grow longer, and eventually reaching their goals will motivate them to continue the task they wish to do. You can check the samples of daily log templates in word format on this article or search for more samples on this very site.
How to Create a Daily Log in Excel
The simplest way to make a daily log would be to make it in Excel format. Why Excel format? Because of the application’s built-in table, you won’t need to form them yourself anymore. What’s left to do would be to input the data as needed.
Logs are a great way to keep track of time, but they are a great way to keep track of expenses as well. The exact function can be easily understood by reviewing an expense log template.
Daily Communication Log
Personal Communication Log
Sample Communication Log
Daily Lesson Log
Daily Lesson Plan Log
Daily Business Logs
Business Expense Log
Business Log Sheet
Daily Expense Logs
Blank Expense Log
Printable Daily Expense Log
Guidelines for Preparing a Daily Log
The best way to write a daily log would be to compare it to a ready-made daily log template. The other method of preparing a daily log would be to open your Excel or word application and begin typing into the programs what you want your log to look like. However, when writing a log, it is better to design it as simple as possible to avoid any confusion and, at the same time, keep track of your progress much more easily.
Logs are useful tools; they can be used for personal reasons, medical purposes, and even by a company. One way a company uses a blog is by using a petty cash log to keep track of the amount of petty cash the company has left. If you review the petty cash log templates, you may notice that the exact format is similar to a simple daily log.
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download
9+ Medical Prescription Samples – PDF, Word
30+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Sample Marketing Agreements
12+ Sample Standard Loan Agreement Templates